News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Age of Reptiles

Started by Balaur, August 25, 2013, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:26:50 AM
Did you ever fix your computer?
Unfortutentally, it will be a few days or so until it's working again, but once I return,  will have a plethora of pictures.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 06:28:12 AM
Unfortutentally, it will be a few days or so until it's working again, but once I return,  will have a plethora of pictures.
That sounds quite similar to what just happened to me :)). Anyway, I can't wait for more pictures!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:29:45 AM
That sounds quite similar to what just happened to me :)). Anyway, I can't wait for more pictures!
It sure does. I probably won't be getting a new computer. I could use the computer now, but without a fan things get very hot and destroy the computer. Also, I will say one of my pictures is the mammal Cornopio.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 06:31:26 AM
It sure does. I probably won't be getting a new computer. I could use the computer now, but without a fan things get very hot and destroy the computer. Also, I will say one of my pictures is the mammal Cornopio.
Yeah, same thing happened to my old computer, I just kept using it until it finally shut down (whild I was writing the Utahraptor story).

Which episode is Cornopio in?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:33:24 AM
Yeah, same thing happened to my old computer, I just kept using it until it finally shut down (whild I was writing the Utahraptor story).

Oh, Cornopio isn't in the series, as I don't have story set 95 million years ago in Argentina. It is a really interesting mammal. It is the real-life, scrat.  ^-^

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 06:35:22 AM

Oh, Cornopio isn't in the series, as I don't have story set 95 million years ago in Argentina. It is a really interesting mammal. It is the real-life, scrat.  ^-^
Oh you meant drawings for your art thread as well as the series'. Cool! Can't wait to see them!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

Oh you meant drawings for your art thread as well as the series'. Cool! Can't wait to see them!
Yes. Hopefully I'll finish my Simocyon soon as well.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 10, 2014, 06:38:23 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 10, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

Yes. Hopefully I'll finish my Simocyon soon as well.
Cool!

Balaur

I am announcing a sort of "second series" to this. It is Age of Reptiles, but with more new discoveries than before. My original series will not go away, however. The episodes are:

#1 - Lossiemouth Sandstone
#2 - Tiaojishan Formation
#3 - Lourihña Formation
#4 - Cedar Mountain Formation
#5 - Kem Kem Beds
#6 - Prince Creek Formation

Creature list coming soon...

Balaur

Creature list below -

New Arrival -
Silesaurus
Ornithosuchus
Hyperodapedon
Stagonolepis
Dicynodont
Scleromochlus
HyPtA C
Leptopleurodon
Saltopus

Feathered Dragons -
Pedopenna
Dendrorhynchoides
Darwinopterus
Castorocauda
Volaticotherium
Anchiornis
Tianyulong

Lourihña Formation -
Allosaurus
Dinheirosaurus
Miragaia
Lusotitan
Draconyx
Torvosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus

Cedar Mountain -
Utahraptor
Martharaptor
Gastonia
Iguanacolossus
Cedarosaurus
Geminiraptor
Yurgovuchia
Cedarocephale
Pterosaur
Enantiornithe
Trinitichelys

Kem Kem -
Spinosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Sarcosuchus
Carcharodontosaurus
Alanqa
Mawsonia
Retodus

Prince Creek Formation -
Nanuqsaurus
Alaskan Troodon
Alaskacephale
Parksosaurus
Prognathodon
Quetzalcoatlus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Alphadon
Alaskonychus

Yutyrannus

Cool! However, instead of Falcarius I suggest Martharaptor, another early therizinosaurs from the same time and place. Also, just to be sure, you know Cedarocephale is a fictional species right?

Balaur

Alright, I'm replacing Falcarius with Martharaptor, since it was discovered (or described) in 2012, and Falcarius was in 2005. And yes, I'm aware Cedarocephale is fictional, but I saw it on Cedar Mountain and there are possible remains of pachycephalosaurs found in the formation.

Yutyrannus

Okay, cool! I can't wait to see pictures and read the stories :)

Balaur

You'll probably get the stories first. And, you'll be glad that Kem Kem will be the first one up.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Balaur

Balaur

Here are the synopsis for each of the episodes.

New Arrival: The series begins to a look at pterosaur and dinosaur ancestors in and around Scotland and Poland, over the course of a year.

Feathered Dragons: This episode follows the life of three arboreal animals in the Chinese forests over the course of eight months.

Lourihña Formation: We follow the life and death of an Allosaurus in Portugal.

Cedar Mountain: Unlike the other episodes, this one follows life in the Yellow Cat Member over the course of 24-hours.

Kem Kem: We follow a Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus over six months.

Prince Creek: In the final episode, we see the animals of the Polar Alaskan regions.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Are you still going to draw the rest of the creatures from the original episodes? Also could you add Lost Paradise and Death of a Dynasty back into the series, 'cause I think those were and still are your best episodes.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: