News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Age of Reptiles

Started by Balaur, August 25, 2013, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Well heres my quad launching Hatzegopteryx.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 11, 2013, 01:20:26 AM
Well heres my quad launching Hatzegopteryx.

\
Sorry, but it didn't post properly. Can you try posting it from Photobucket or Imageshack.

Balaur

Weired. I can see it on my end.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 11, 2013, 02:58:15 AM
Weired. I can see it on my end.
Huh ???. That is weird. Oh well, I found it on your deviantart page anyway. Also, can you post all the creature pictures in order on the first post, like I did with my series?

Balaur

Yeah, I'll post them in order right....... now!  :)

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Balaur

I have my Balaur! I actually drew this a few months ago, but I decided to recycle it to use for this series. Hopefully you can see it!

Yutyrannus

Can you please try posting them through photobucket? I still can't see them (only the two new ones, I can see the old ones fine). Please? :)

Balaur

I have an update concerning the Paradise Lost episode.

I have decided to add a Marshosaurus for the episode. I know its a dinosaur but I just couldn't make believable and realistic stories with only marine reptiles. Also, I've decided to add a speculative species in that episode. It is a species of belemnite that is based off of the Japenese Flying Squid. And Yes, incase you haven't figured it out yet, this fictitious species of belemnite has the ability to glide for a certain distance. An example of convergent evolution. I actually have several scenes where they "fly" one where they glide in the open ocean, and another where they are stupid and glide into the beach and constantly bruse up the Marshosaurus by accident. Expect a picture of this animal soon.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 14, 2013, 03:29:06 AM
I have an update concerning the Paradise Lost episode.

I have decided to add a Marshosaurus for the episode. I know its a dinosaur but I just couldn't make believable and realistic stories with only marine reptiles. Also, I've decided to add a speculative species in that episode. It is a species of belemnite that is based off of the Japenese Flying Squid. And Yes, incase you haven't figured it out yet, this fictitious species of belemnite has the ability to glide for a certain distance. An example of convergent evolution. I actually have several scenes where they "fly" one where they glide in the open ocean, and another where they are stupid and glide into the beach and constantly bruse up the Marshosaurus by accident. Expect a picture of this animal soon.
Sounds cool! But however you were posting all of your picture except the last two, can you go back to posting them that way?

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Awesome! Expect my Elopteryx tomorrow, as I can't agree with myself on the design of it but it'll be something usual. I am actually going to portray him to be more like a herbivore than carnivore or omnivore.

Here's my info on the Balaur.

Balaur - They are highly intelligent dinosaurs, infact, so intelligent, that some call them the "Eurasian Magpies of the Cretaceous". They are highly capable of complecated problem solving, and have even been oberserved using tools. Unlike most dromaeosaurs, Balaur's are strictly herbivorous, and their favourite fruit are Megamalus hategensis (or the Cannonball Apples). Despite the name, they are not even closely related to apples but part of extinct lineage of plants. Balaur uses the sickle claws on tis feet to climb trees, and digging, not for killing, but when fighting over females, males may employ the claws for attack, often with nasty results. They also use the claws to attract mates. They are extremely robust and rely more on power than using speed. In intense situations in which predators attack them, they will use the sickle claws are a defensive weapon. The range of tool use is the most advanced for any dinosaur at this time, including the birds. They are capable of using rocks to burst open the tough shells of Megalococas robustus (the "rock coconut", again, not related to coconuts, just convergent evolution) which usually not even a Magyarosaurus standning on it will break it. They get up into the trees and have to drop the rocks at the right hight and angle to crack open the shells. This by far very advanced and may take years to perfect this. They will also use the tough shell parts of the Megalococas shells as mini shovels to that they don't wear down their foot claws. They will also make elaborate homes, but they are usually nomatic and move around in the island. Unlike most herbivores, they are solitary, though herds still form, they are extremely rare, and only natural events such as storms will draw them together. The Balaur seen in the final episode of Age of Reptiles is a strict herbivore like all of his kind, but the effects of the asteroid impact has left him with no Megalococas and Megamalus left to eat, forcing him to scavenge off of a dead Hatzegopteryx, and fighting to the death with otehrs of his kind over the carcass. Their teeth are so well designed for processing plant material, that processing meat material will be etremely difficult.

That's Balaur!

Balaur

Again, I am recycling more stuff I drew, this time from half a month ago, this is my Elopteryx.

YOu know what, I'm too lay to draw a better Eoraptor and Baurusuchus, I'll reuse the pictures that I drew of them, because they do fit into the series. And I'm lazy.  :P

Yutyrannus

Love the description of Balaur :)! Also, do you mind if I use the genus name Megamalus for the fruit in my series. It grows on bizarre looking bushes and is the primary food for Psittacosaurus sibiricus. I will draw this plant in a while. Will you draw Megamalus hategensis and Megalococus robustus?

Balaur

Yeah, I son't mindnif you take the Megamalus name. ;)

I probably will deaw the Megalococus and Megamalus sometime.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 14, 2013, 05:48:18 PM
Yeah, I son't mindnif you take the Megamalus name. ;)

I probably will deaw the Megalococus and Megamalus sometime.
Thanks! Also, can't wait to see Marshosaurus and Baryonyx. Also, I will try to finish the Nothronychus and Melanorosaurus for my series today.

Balaur

No problem. Can't wait for the Nothronychus and Melanorosaurus!

I have another description, this time about the Elopteryx.

Elopteryx - they are unusual by troodontid standards (not Balaur unusual) in that they still retain vistigiale leg wings that are now used for species recognition. They are poor climbers and have no use of tools, unlike Balaur. Their teeth suggest that they are pur herbivores, but will eat insects every now and then. Males have a flattene duck billed like snout, which gives them there nickname, "the duck-billed troodont".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: