News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 08, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 06, 2014, 03:55:25 AM
I've also noticed a lot of generic extinct animals, like "early camel", or "glyptodont". Was that done intentionally or could you not find a genus or species name for that animal?
Yep, that would be why. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I could not find anything that lived alongside the Indian species of Stegodon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

For the Paraphysornis story, I found a macraucheniid and a glyptodont. The macraucheniid is Cramauchenia, and the glyptodont is (get ready) Propalaehoplophorus.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 06, 2014, 04:06:20 AM
For the Paraphysornis story, I found a macraucheniid and a glyptodont. The macraucheniid is Cramauchenia, and the glyptodont is (get ready) Propalaehoplophorus.
Thanks! I've added them in the list :).

Yutyrannus

I finished Coelodonta, I also did Inkayacu but am not happy with it so it'll be a while 'till I post that one.

Yutyrannus

I also decided to add Ursus maritimus tyrannus to the last episode.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 01:08:09 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Which one...Coelodonta or Ursus maritimus tyrannus ??? ?

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 01:10:34 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 01:09:34 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 01:08:09 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Which one...Coelodonta or Ursus maritimus tyrannus ??? ?
Both.
Well hopefully soon for Coelodonta (still trying to connect my computer to the scanner), for UMT I'll probably draw him in the next few days (I have no school Friday which means more drawing time ;) ).

Balaur

I also found a camel from the same region and period that Hoplophoneus lived in, Proebrotherium.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 02:49:35 AM
I also found a camel from the same region and period that Hoplophoneus lived in, Proebrotherium.
Now, I remember it. They have it in the Museum of Ancient Life in Thanksgiving Point, I just forgot the name and I couldn't find it through searches.

Balaur

A weird question. For the DVD release, would you have a pair of documentaries like they did in Walkng with Beasts, that where explaining mammalia, evolution, but combined small elements of the making of?
Sorry if that made no sense.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 04:31:46 AM
A weird question. For the DVD release, would you have a pair of documentaries like they did in Walkng with Beasts, that where explaining mammalia, evolution, but combined small elements of the making of?
Sorry if that made no sense.
I know what you're talking about. And actually, that's a cool idea.

Balaur

It sure does. I still ocassionally watch those making of/documentaries. They were really informative. Even though your series doesn't have a big overall look at human evolution, the second part could be about how the Ice Age animals died out.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 05:05:23 AM
It sure does. I still ocassionally watch those making of/documentaries. They were really informative. Even though your series doesn't have a big overall look at human evolution, the second part could be about how the Ice Age animals died out.
Yeah, I wanted to have less focus on hominids since most ice age documentaries dedicate most of the show to it. I wanted more focus on other animals.

Balaur

I also enjoyed the scenes were the animals out in the modern day, those ones still make me chuckle a bit on the inside. Would you have fun and have the animators put these prehistoric animals in the modern day?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 05:22:04 AM
I also enjoyed the scenes were the animals out in the modern day, those ones still make me chuckle a bit on the inside. Would you have fun and have the animators put these prehistoric animals in the modern day?
Probably. Also, when I post the Wrangel Island sequence prepare to see the mammoth teach some human hunters who is really the deadliest animal >:D.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 05:40:44 AM
Probably. Also, when I post the Wrangel Island sequence prepare to see the mammoth teach some human hunters who is really the deadliest animal >:D.

I can't wait! More smack down on humans! >:D

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 05:46:55 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 05:40:44 AM

I can't wait! More smack down on humans! >:D
Yes, the bull elephant side of mammoths :)).

Yutyrannus

I just finished drawing Gastornis (along with four of its favorite fruits and nuts) and am currently working on Hyaenodon, Dasornis, UMT, and Harlan's Ground Sloth.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: