News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 08, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I agreee.
Fruitafossor: Was it the giant anteater?

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 11, 2014, 02:21:10 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 11, 2014, 02:20:00 AM
I agreee.
Fruitafossor: Was it the giant anteater?
Nope. The Tamandua :).
Awesome!
Well, at least I was right in guessing it was an anteater. :)

Balaur

I also notice that you have some modern animals and their very close relatives in "Last of the Ice Age Giants".
Megalania -> Komodo Dragon
Ursus martimus tyrannus -> Polar Bear

That's awesome.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 11, 2014, 05:12:13 AM
I also notice that you have some modern animals and their very close relatives in "Last of the Ice Age Giants".
Megalania -> Komodo Dragon
Ursus martimus tyrannus -> Polar Bear

That's awesome.
Thanks!

Balaur

I have dine one of the Sabretooth episodes. While it does have the maturity blocker thingy, it really isn't all that violent, just a few things that some sensitive people may find a little disturbing.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Hominid-Killer-433532512?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392189293&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 12, 2014, 07:17:31 AM
I have dine one of the Sabretooth episodes. While it does have the maturity blocker thingy, it really isn't all that violent, just a few things that some sensitive people may find a little disturbing.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Hominid-Killer-433532512?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392189293&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
Very cool! This is actually quite close to what I pictured for this story. And the small feline is quite amusing :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 12, 2014, 01:13:39 PM
Very cool! This is actually quite close to what I pictured for this story. And the small feline is quite amusing :).
I actually didn't make the small feline (sytriofelid?) amusing on purpose, but yes, he is. :)
Thanks! So glad I made it so similar to your picture of the story. Will you draw the small feline? That would be pretty cool (and of course, based off the Styriofelis).

EDIT: I added just a little scene for the small feline himself. :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 13, 2014, 12:12:05 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 12, 2014, 01:13:39 PM
I actually didn't make the small feline (sytriofelid?) amusing on purpose, but yes, he is. :)
Thanks! So glad I made it so similar to your picture of the story. Will you draw the small feline? That would be pretty cool (and of course, based off the Styriofelis).

Yes, I will draw him. Also, I just finished drawing Megantereon, I was going to make him melanistic but again I'm worried about detail loss so are there any suggestions for colors (I don't want to use a leopard pattern as that's overdone)?

Balaur

How this cat. The fishing cat. It is really cool.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 13, 2014, 01:23:34 AM

How this cat. The fishing cat. It is really cool.
Interesting. Yes, I think I'll use that. Thanks for helping!

Yutyrannus

Yes, he is constantly walking around meowing. Not to mention he always appears when something is about to happen. He is a harbinger of doom :))! And the scene with him hunting is very cool!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 13, 2014, 02:34:08 AM

Yes, he is constantly walking around meowing. Not to mention he always appears when something is about to happen. He is a harbinger of doom :))! And the scene with him hunting is very cool!
Thanks!

Balaur

I just realised, that the Xenosmilus is really the original sabretooth tiger. :))

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 13, 2014, 04:04:43 AM
I just realised, that the Xenosmilus is really the original sabretooth tiger. :))
Ha! Indeed he is :))!

Yutyrannus

I've been able to work on the Baurusuchus in Crocodiles: The World's Greatest Survivors :). Speaking of which, here is the updated main creature list for that special:

The Time of the Archosaurs:
#1 - Proterosuchus
#2 - Cricosaurus
#3 - Goniopholis
#4 - Simosuchus
#5 - Kaprosuchus
#6 - Baurusuchus

The Time of the Mammals:
#1 - Champsosaurus
#2 - Pristichampsus
#3 - Sebecus
#4 - Mourasuchus
#5 - Crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni
#6 - Mekosuchus inexpectatus

I'll start the Mekosuchus and Kaprosuchus soon as well.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 21, 2014, 12:21:58 AM
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Crocodiles-Sequence-2-435555254?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392942035
This is the Cricosaurus sequence. The second half of the story was inspired by sea kraits.
Love the underwater cave idea. I would never have thought to put that in my series. Also, I'll try to start finishing up some crocodilians for this special soon :).

Yutyrannus

Here is the Mekosuchus sequence of the special, a little more depressing tone to it:
http://yutyrannus.deviantart.com/art/Crocodiles-Sequence-12-435569315?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392946202

Also, just a warning.
When I post the Crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni sequence for Crocodiles, and the Wrangel Island Mammoth sequence in the series, they will have the mature content filter as both feature rather violent impalement and dismemberment of humans, which I thought some people might find disturbing.

Balaur

Wow. That was good. I'm sure that human got what he deserved.  >:D
Mekosuchus all the way!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: