News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 08, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I have finished a sketch of Xenosmilus, it turned out far better than it would've if I'd used only Xenosmilus references so I will definitely use this way of drawing feliformes. Also, I may add Dinofelis into my series :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

I finished the Xenosmilus picture, but I cannot come up with a color for it. I am open to suggestions on the color but I also want it to have some kind of interesting pattern :).

Balaur

How about something along the lines of golden tigers. They are an extremely rare breed of tigers. Heres a picture.

Yutyrannus

Thanks :)! Also, if you come up with a cool pattern for a cat that no living felid has please tell me because I can use it for Dinofelis :).

EDIT: Dinofelis has been officially added as well as Panthera atrox (Naegele's Jaguar).

Balaur

Nice! I love that!

Also, will you be doing special for After the Dinosaurs or just for Monsters of the Mesozoic?

Yutyrannus

I might do one about cats for this series :).

Yutyrannus

Here he is, finally:

Xenosmilus

Colors based on a Golden Tiger as Balaur suggested :).

Balaur

Wow! That is so cool! Probably my favourite creature along with the Inostrancevia in all of your series!

Yutyrannus

Thank you Balaur! I am very proud of this drawing. Also, I have collected references for my other cats as follows: a tiger and the Ice Age Giants cave lion for Panthera atrox, a leopard for Dinofelis, and a clouded leopard for Hoplophoneus. Therefore one of these three might be coming soon :).

Yutyrannus

I finished a sketch of Dinofelis, so expect that guy up soon :).

EDIT: The drawing is finished, any suggestions for patterns and colors?

Yutyrannus

I am coloring my Dinofelis like a king cheetah, it is almost finished so hopefully I can post it later today :).

Yutyrannus

Here it is:

Dinofelis

Drawn from a leopard and colors based on a king cheetah.

Everything_Dinosaur

Good artwork, always a pleasure to see drawings of Cenozoic creatures.

Balaur

Nice Dinofelis! Looks like a cheetah almost!

Yutyrannus

Everything Dinosaur: Thanks. I totally agree :)!

Balaur: Thank you Balaur. I did base it on a king cheetah and the leopard picture I had was of a very slender individual. Also when will you post the Barbourofelis for your series?

Balaur

I don't have access to a scanner but when I do I'll be sure to post it as soon as possible.

Also, have you worked on any of your stories and what the plot will be for them for any of your series? If so, then is it possible for you to post maybe a short synopsis about what there about?

Yutyrannus

I haven't worked on the stories yet, but I plan to start soon. The first ones will probably be Dinofelis and Inostrancevia, though, as they are the ones I have most developed in my head.

Yutyrannus

Here is my first special for this series (my third special overall). It is called "Sabretooth" and has 4 episodes, each one is a half-hour long and focuses on one species :).

Dawn Cat:
Proailurus
Hoplophoneus
Hyaenodon
Generic multitiburculate

Savannah Predator:
Dinictis
Eusmilus
Hyaenodon
Moropus
Archeotherium

Hominid Killer:
Megantereon
Homo ergaster
Styriofelis
Bushbuck

Killer of Giants:
Homotherium
Panthera atrox
American mastodon
Bison latifrons
American horse

Balaur

I love it! Can't wait for the pictures!

Also, I see you finally reused your Dinictis and Megantereon  after they have been replaced by Dinofelis and Xenosmilus, respectively.    ;D

Yutyrannus

Yeah, I had to put them in there somewhere. Also, next picture will be Hoplophoneus :).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: