News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 17, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 17, 2021, 04:07:46 PM
[...]
That's horrifying!

Gave me no sleepless nights (maybe because I was well busy with ohter stuff at that time)
but it indeed was.

Have you ever eaten something that you only realized was moldy after you were halfway through it?

Does mold cheese count? :D ... Nah, seriously, yeah, happened to me several times with toast/white bread.

Have you ever been banned from a forum (this one or another)?

No.

Have you ever drunk Dr. Pepper ?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Yes, and I have another can I got as a stocking filler at Christmas to drink later.

Have you ever helped someone looks for their escaped pet snake?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

no, but i did for dogs

Have you ever seen a dog attack your dog. WHat happend was i was walking Rexy, my mongrel, and then this pitbull comes out of nowhere and starts biting and shaking Rexy(Rexy was scared or hurt, i found out he took it like a man and he was actually more pissed than scared). The dog would not let go of Rexy, like a leech. Then  i kicked the dog, and that caused him to let go of Rexy. The owners of that dog contained him, and i ran to my house holding Rexy. Thankfully, there was no blood, or we would have to take him to the vet.

Newt

Yeah, when I was a kid we had a Yorkie who wouldn't back down from bigger dogs. I had to break up a few fights he got into. I hope your dog is OK!

Have you ever seen a famous artwork in person for the first time and been surprised by its size? (I just got back from an exhibition of Albrecht Durer's prints. A lot of his engravings were tiny!)

Halichoeres

Definitely, in both directions.

Have you ever painted/repainted a figure?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Subduction

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2021, 04:09:20 AM
Definitely, in both directions.

Have you ever painted/repainted a figure?

No, but I hope to start doing that when my circumstances are better. I even bought a couple of chinasaurs to practice with. :D

Have you ever regretted purchasing a figure?

ceratopsian

Oh yes.  How I wish I hadn't purchased the Schleich Agustinia!  That really was a moment of madness.

Have you ever regretted not purchasing a figure?

Lanthanotus

Yeah, am stil hunting for the Battat Maiasaurus,Ouranosaurus and Edmontonia. All of these and some others were in a comparably cheap lot sveral months ago
on ebay, located in the US. But with shipping and customs that deal woud not be the good one for Europeans as it was for Americans but in hindsight I
should have made it.

Have ou ever ruined a figure you value by accident (failed customization, breakage,...)?

Subduction

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 18, 2021, 04:38:21 PM
Yeah, am stil hunting for the Battat Maiasaurus,Ouranosaurus and Edmontonia. All of these and some others were in a comparably cheap lot sveral months ago
on ebay, located in the US. But with shipping and customs that deal woud not be the good one for Europeans as it was for Americans but in hindsight I
should have made it.

Have ou ever ruined a figure you value by accident (failed customization, breakage,...)?

Oh yes! One of the legs on my Mesozoo Allosaurus is warping because I tossed it in the bag with my other prehistoric animal figures. Additionally, one of my cats chewed on a small part of my Limited edition 2019 Papo Spinosaurus's tail. It's not very noticeable but still! :'D

Have you ever drank expired milk?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Subduction on January 18, 2021, 04:55:45 PM

Oh yes! One of the legs on my Mesozoo Allosaurus is warping because I tossed it in the bag with my other prehistoric animal figures. Additionally, one of my cats chewed on a small part of my Limited edition 2019 Papo Spinosaurus's tail. It's not very noticeable but still! :'D

Have you ever drank expired milk?
I cant imagine how i would feel if that happened with my arriving spinosaurus

but still, pets will be pets, and I would love pets always

yes, i did drink that expiered milk

Have you ever seen a parrot in real life

Bread

Yes, I saw a few at the Columbus zoo in Ohio years ago. I wish I had taken photos, since the current pandemic has prevented me from visiting public places, such as zoos and museums.

Have you ever been attacked by an animal? Not including pets.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on January 18, 2021, 06:48:29 PM
Yes, I saw a few at the Columbus zoo in Ohio years ago. I wish I had taken photos, since the current pandemic has prevented me from visiting public places, such as zoos and museums.

Have you ever been attacked by an animal? Not including pets.

I got attacked by a descendant of the horse of a religious leader. Yeah its a long story

Have you ever told a truth that seemed so much like a lie

Newt

Yes. Once, when I was just an eft, I came home one day and was immediately accused by my mother of snipping off some of my hair. I hadn't done so and had no idea what she was talking about. I got in trouble for a thing I hadn't done and in much more trouble for lying about it to my mother, which I also hadn't done! To this day I have no idea what happened to my hair.

This set me on the path to my current life as a pitiless outlaw.

Anyhow, have you ever been converted from disliking a certain kind of food to liking or even loving it?

Shonisaurus

Yes, in my case that has happened recently, I hated fruits and vegetables and I loved red meat and sweets, and now after the death of my parents I love all fruits and vegetables and I don't eat just sweets or red meat in general.

Have you ever operated for appendicitis?

Lanthanotus

No, still have mine.

Have you ever broken your nose?

Wallnut

No

Have you ever light a fire with twigs?

Subduction

Quote from: Triton TR on January 19, 2021, 07:35:10 AM
No

Have you ever light a fire with twigs?

Nope. Although that would be cool! Those survival shows make it look so easy, haha!

Have you ever visited a botanical garden?

Newt

Yes! I have a membership to my local botanical garden, and I make it a priority to visit others when I travel.

Have you ever operated construction equipment, like a bulldozer or backhoe?

Stegotyranno420

Gee, i wish

Have you ever seen an andaconda/python. I was at a mall and it have a tv/90s style petshop filled with reptiles and there was this big and bulky yellow snake in a glass box.

Subduction

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 22, 2021, 05:21:54 PM
Gee, i wish

Have you ever seen an andaconda/python. I was at a mall and it have a tv/90s style petshop filled with reptiles and there was this big and bulky yellow snake in a glass box.

Yes I have, to both! I saw a green and yellow anaconda at the zoo and I saw two pythons when going to the beach once. The owner was friendly and let people touch them. I didn't expect them to feel soft/velvety!

Have you ever collected Pokemon cards?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: