News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

Yep - flew nonstop Newark to Tokyo. Around 14 hours IIRC.

Have you ever sharpened a knife?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Newt on April 14, 2021, 02:34:09 PM

(Aside on menudo - I remember when it dawned on me that the Puerto Rican boy band Menudo's name is an oblique English pun: the dish menudo is built upon hominy, just as the band is built upon harmony. It's clever and stupid at the same time!)

Never dawned on me. I'm actually kind of mad that I know that now.  ;D

Quote from: Newt on April 14, 2021, 04:35:27 PM

Have you ever sharpened a knife?

Not really. I should really learn to do it properly.

Have you ever stuffed an animal (taxidermy/museum prep)?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Nope

Have you ever saved your dog from choking

indohyus

Yes.

Have you ever been bitten trying to help your pet?

Newt

Oh yes, many times by many pets. It's the herp keeper's way!

Have you ever done a belly flop?

Lynx

Yes, but as someone who had no idea how to do it, the wind got knocked out of me.

Have you ever eaten goat cheese?
An oversized house cat.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lynx on April 19, 2021, 10:39:52 PM
Yes, but as someone who had no idea how to do it, the wind got knocked out of me.

Have you ever eaten goat cheese?

Of course, with pleasure, althought to some it has a strange taste.

Have you ever read something by the author Matt Haig?

Halichoeres

No, I'm not familiar with his work. Recommended?

Have you ever tried to talk to a bird by imitating its call?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

I feel so foolish saying this, but yes, i had tried to talk with animals by making their noises.

Have you ever noticed a weird similarity between two very different songs that you liked (for example, Hindu Vedas and a Rock-Song from Regular Show, or a Mongolian folk hymn and Gas Gas Gas)
To be fair, songs are going to be very similar as we only use a small portion of possible tunes

Wallnut

No I dont listen music very often.

Have you ever saw a battat dinosaur at boston museum of sciences gift shop?

Halichoeres

No, I've only been to the BMOS once, in 2019. The only dinosaurs they had were heavily marked-up Jurassic World figures (like $18 for a $8 toy). I wept.

Have you ever burned your dinner?

indohyus

Little bit, most was still edible.

Have you ever had food poisoning?

Newt

Yes. I didn't care for it.

Have you ever played marbles?

indohyus

Tried, never went well.

Have you ever been spooked by a bird flying out at you?

Halichoeres

Yep!

Have you ever climbed a statue?

Stegotyranno420

Cant remember

Have you ever said something literally that someone took as sarcasm

Forgot what assignment to show to my teacher, so I asked her, and she said ask a class mate, I said okay, and then she literally just said"wow, look at the disrespect ". I was low key just trying to follow instructions

Halichoeres

Sure. It's the risk you take in a world that has sarcasm in it.

Have you ever skipped stones?

Stegotyranno420

When i went to india, i tried to skip some stones with some of the native children, and some how they were able to do it , but I couldn't

Have your ever felt that everyone was watching you(in a bad way)

Shonisaurus

If some people have ever looked at me in a bad way, even known people with whom I had conflicts, but it does not traumatize me at all, I miss all that as someone who says "behind my back" or someone who says "I pass in an Olympic way.

Have you ever been in the Amazon jungle with the Indians.

Halichoeres

Can't say I have.

Have you ever found a lost pet?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: