News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: Thialfi on December 02, 2021, 06:05:50 PM
Yes, I can read Greek quite well.

Have you ever attended a live sports event?

Oh yes. A LOT! Visiting baseball stadiums is another hobby of mine and I was a season ticket holder for the Braves when I lived in Atlanta.

On a related question, have you ever played competitive sports (I have, running, cycling, triathlon)?

indohyus

Not on a major level, but karate and air rifle shooting (if the latter counts)

Have you ever met a famous zoologist?

BlueKrono

Quote from: indohyus on December 02, 2021, 09:35:24 PM
Not on a major level, but karate and air rifle shooting (if the latter counts)

Have you ever met a famous zoologist?

Yes, I met Peter Pritchard, perhaps the world's leading authority on turtles. If you've heard of the Galapagos tortoise Lonesome George, he discovered him and rescued him from his deserted island. I actually got to stay with Pritchard at his turtle center in Florida for a few weeks. Experience of a lifetime.

Have you ever purchased something that cost more than you make in a month?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Not as much as that, but in a way I almost spent a fortune on a Tyrannosaurus Battat feet of snow in its day approximately more than 400 euros including shipping costs but I do not regret it.

Have you ever dropped into the pool at home from a balcony in summer?

Halichoeres

No, but I've dropped similar distances from rocks into rivers.

Have you ever traveled to another city by bus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

All the time! But in the Netherlands that is quite an easy feat, seeing the biggest distance between to cities is about four hours (all the way north to all the way south).

Have you ever walked out of the cinema because you didn't like the movie?

Shonisaurus

No, whenever I go to the cinema, even if I don't like the movie I try not to move until the end. I don't like creating a bad atmosphere among the spectators and in the venue.

Have you ever collected used stamps, that is, stamped?

indohyus

No, never been a philatelist.

Have you ever seen live improv?

Thialfi

Yes, my partner went to the academy for dance and movement and is a professional in improv!

Have you ever used VR goggles?

Stegotyranno420

Yes.

Have you ever seen a flock of seagulls up close?

Thialfi

Yes, where I live seagulls are quite abundant, often I walk amongst groups of them, or see a flock soaring over my head (with the danger of being pooped on). I love them. Beautiful birds.

Have you ever eaten a vegan burger?

Stegotyranno420

No. It's like eating Indian food without spices, or cookies without sugar, or atleast in my case

Have you ever eaten Speculoos Butter?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No, never heard of it.

Have you ever forgot to do something you really wanted to do, and got annoyed with yourself afterwards?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Yes, that has happened to me many times. I have a fish memory.

Have you ever eaten snails?

indohyus

Yes, with garlic sauce and a pastry. Very tasty!

Have you ever printed a 3d dinosaur?

Halichoeres

No, just fish and parts of fish.

Have you ever glued a broken model back together?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

No, I'd rather have someone else fix my dinosaur or prehistoric animal. I'm not crafty unfortunately.

Have you ever suffered a scam by a supply company (for example, telephone company, gas / electricity) and have you got very angry and have requested the help of a lawyer and the defense of a consumer and user defense company?

Stegotyranno420

No

Have you ever seen people of your age group misbehave so foul in front of you that you questioned their sanity?

Primeval12

Yes, I also have seen boomers who are older than me misbehave at rock concerts.

Have you ever owned a Schleich Ceratosaurus?

Stegotyranno420

No
Have you ever played gridiron football

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: