News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

No, although I thought I did when I was a kid.

Have you ever used a solar cooker?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

No, but I tried to make a simple one for our school project.
It was embarrassingly bad.

Have you ever accidentally kicked someone in the eye?

Duck

Yeah I kicked my cousin in the eye once, while we were arguing over the computer.
No regrets.

Have you ever eaten octopus?
He who dwells in pond

Newt

Yes, several times, though I still prefer squid.

Have you ever gotten a vehicle stuck in mud or sand?

Thialfi

No, I don't drive, but I have been in a car that got stuck in the mud. We managed to push it out by hand!

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

Stegotyranno420

No, I am not the protesting type, I'm kind of shy.

Have you ever went snow sledding, I went today and i almost got/caused multiple injuries. I'm pretty inexperienced

Duck

Yep, almost every year. When it snows, at least.

Have you ever caught a gecko?
He who dwells in pond

Strepsodus

Yes, several times in my backyard.

Have you ever held a venomous snake?

MesozoicJohn

Yes, once when I had to save an Adder from the factory I worked in.

Have you ever sat in a Supermarine Spitfire?

Halichoeres

Can't say I have! I don't believe there are many exemplars of that particular aircraft in my neck of the woods.

Have you ever hitchhiked?

Edit: avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  I checked and there actually is a Spitfire on display at a museum four blocks from me, but visitors aren't allowed to sit in it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 30, 2021, 01:30:54 PM
Can't say I have! I don't believe there are many exemplars of that particular aircraft in my neck of the woods.

Have you ever hitchhiked?

Edit: avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  I checked and there actually is a Spitfire on display at a museum four blocks from me, but visitors aren't allowed to sit in it.

I hitchhikes several times in the Czech Republic back in the late 1990s.

Follow-up to the above question, have you ever been bitten by a venomous snake (or lizard) [I have not]

Duck

No but I have been bitten by a non-venomous snake before.

Have you ever seen a Mandarin Duck? It's a rare, very beautiful duck. I encourage you to google it.
He who dwells in pond

Halichoeres

Only in zoos. I visited Central Park in New York when the famous "sexy duck" was hanging out there, but I didn't happen to see him.

Have you ever held a bird in your hand? (not counting dead poultry)

Duck

Yeah, I held a pigeon in my hand once. Mostly because I had a peanut butter cracker that I was eating, but still, it counts.

Have you ever gone to an airport and gotten in trouble for bringing a spork? (This actually happened to me, I think the TSA counts sporks as weaponry or something)
He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

No, fortunately it never happened to me.

Have you ever discussed heatedly as a child with a schoolmate about which two was the legal age (in months I mean) since we were born in the same year?

indohyus

No.

Have you ever been stuck in the snow?

Halichoeres

You know, 15 years in places with proper winters and I don't think I have! Maybe if I had a car it might get stuck sometimes.

Have you ever played Spelling Bee (in the NY Times)?

Newt

Noe, i dunt theenk i wud bi gud att itt.

Have you ever snorkeled?

Stegotyranno420

Not per se, but if getting a cheap snorkel and going in a pool counts then yeah.

Have you ever had to do a "Just Dance" unit in Physical Education? It is quite horrid

indohyus

No. Sounds fun to me, but to each thier own.

Have you ever been ill on the day of a major exam?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: