News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Yes, I totally had been "ill"...
Have you ever saw a (brutality warning)
Spoiler
decapitated hog head
[close]
?
I saw one today

Newt

Yep.

Have you ever walked barefoot in the snow?

Shonisaurus

No never.

Have you ever showered with ice water in winter and haven't felt cold?

Stegotyranno420

No, I love hot water

Have you ever asked the same question twice on two separate occasions while playing this game

Palaeontologica

No.

Have you ever encountered a member of an invasive species and, for whatever reason, decided to make it your best friend?
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Duck

No, I kill them all. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Have you ever gone on a cruise ship?
He who dwells in pond

Palaeontologica

No, but I've been on the Isle of Wight ferry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Have you ever come up with a controversial theory, only for people to take it seriously, much to your surprise?
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Stegotyranno420

Somewhat. It was about Unsatemized words in Satem languages. Basically the main rule says that the word for dog and horse for example in Proto Indo European were "Kuo" and "Ekwos" respectively.  In Sanskrit,  they become Svo and Asvah, meaning the K's shifted to S's. But in Punjabi and some other Sanskrit descendants,  the words are Kutta and Ghorra(its spely like that by Punjabis but most Western Researchers  write it as Korra). And these (c. 7th century ) punjabi words sound more like the (c. 4000-2500BC) Protoindoeuropean forms than the (1500BC-600AD) Sanskrit forms.  I was curious so I asked the only Indo European forum I knew, and unfortunately it was the one on Reddit. But they were surprisingly accepting and it led to very interesting discussions

Have you ever been forced to sit next to someone who just "recovered " from COVID. I dont feel very safe right now :-\

Palaeontologica

(An unexpected and very interesting answer!)

Thankfully, not as far as I'm aware.

Have you ever visited another country, but only gone a few miles into it?

- Arthur C. Clarke

Stegotyranno420

Canada? Though I assume that one more than a few kilometers. Depends what you mean. Do airport stops count?

Have you ever had a cool fact or story about you that you feel shy about telling because you feel like people will think you are boasting, exaggerating, or straight up lying?
For example, my in real name has a pretty cool meaning, the fact I know how to read(80%) of 4 scripts, or other things that I'm too scared to mention because they just seem downright boastful, or irrelevant

Shonisaurus

No, not in my case.

Have you ever had appendicitis?

indohyus

Thankfully no.

Have you ever bought a figure, then found it significantly cheaper elsewhere?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Yes, to a couple of Carnegies, also to some Doctor Who. Happened the other way round a few times as well which is a much better feeling.

Have you ever bought something other poeple are raving about and think you'll like it too  but then not like it?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

No, in my case I am not influenced by people, although yes, they recommended me dinosaurs from toy companies in the DTF and I can say that all the shopping experiences in my case were positive and I do not regret any of them at all. my shopping.

Have you ever known someone who suffers from color blindness or have you ever mistaken one color for another.

Duna

Yes, my husband has a slight color blindness. He normally can distinguish between red and green but not all tones. He is not daltonic, but for example he can't distinguish red and green in ph test strips colours and in led lights from phone chargers and so.

Have you ever touched a snake (alive)? (I have 2 myself now but I've had dozens as pets).

Newt

Lots and crowds! I worked as a herpetology research assistant in college, have had a few pet snakes in the past, and am also an amateur wildlife-botherer. I'm planning on getting a new snake sometime this year, just have to build an enclosure first.

Have you ever sung karaoke?

indohyus

Oh yeah, hard to get me off them actually.

Have you ever done limbo?

JPuggy

In school sometimes. Never was that good at it (I'm tall lol)

Have you ever bought an expensive game and then realized it was not nearly worth the price?

Shonisaurus

Not an expensive game, but a book yes, I have ever bought an expensive dinosaur book that I regret buying.

Have you ever seen a gore horror movie and then on the same day have you seen a comic movie?

Halichoeres

Yes. Both movies were Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

Have you ever seen an amblypygid?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: