News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

No, unfortunately I have not even seen it in aquariums or zoos.

Have you ever seen a white giraffe?

Palaeontologica

Sadly, no.

Have you ever seen an endangered species in the wild?
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Halichoeres

Yes, the giant sequoia. Possibly others but that's the first that comes to mind.

Have you ever guessed where a photo was taken based on the plants in it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

Yes, it's a fun game. Also helpful in trying to figure out if movies were really shot where they are set.

Have you ever tried to reconstruct an animal's activity by looking at its tracks?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, somewhat. Me and my friends were in third grade and we saw bird and mammal tracks at the same area and seemed to be of the same time. Being elementary school children, we assumed it's a Griffin or a Cockatrice, somehow, and the next few days we tried to find it.
Obviously there was no mythical bird beast, probably a poor bird who had a run in with a small dog or cat.

Have you ever read Asterix?
Spoiler
(a French comic about Gauls from ancient France fighting against Romans and other groups)
[close]

Halichoeres

Nope, never read it.

Have you ever ridden a brujita? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b9POHl0fiw)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Newt

No, but that looks like an amazing place! Brujita means "little witch", right?

While on the subject of transportation: have you ever ridden on a sailboat?

Halichoeres

I don't think I have, actually!

(And yes, brujita means "little witch." I didn't ask the etymology but my guess it arises from the stance of the driver astride a diagonal motorbike)

Have you ever broken a glass washing dishes?

Thialfi

Oh yes, quite often. Recently one of my favourite beer glasses (a Duvel one), unfortunately.

Have you ever been backstage at a concert?

Stegotyranno420

No

Have you(Do you) workout, or try to workout?

Shonisaurus

Yes many times.

Have you ever been in an ambulance?

Strepsodus

No

Have you ever committed character assassination?

JPuggy

Never

Have you ever worn a coat all day even though it was warm?

indohyus

Only a light one, but yeah.

Have you ever spent Valentines day with a friend?

Thialfi

No! But I have with a loved one. Valentine's Day doesn't mean much to me though, so it typically passes without notice.

Have you ever felt regret for not buying a certain (toy) model after it wasn't available anymore later?

Lynx

Quote from: Thialfi on January 27, 2022, 08:10:41 PM
No! But I have with a loved one. Valentine's Day doesn't mean much to me though, so it typically passes without notice.

Have you ever felt regret for not buying a certain (toy) model after it wasn't available anymore later?

The Carnegie feathered velo for sure. I had a great chance of getting it On E-bay while it was being sold off for just 20ish dollars and decided to stall on it
About a year later and it is nowhere to be found on any platform

Have you ever decided to not take a class, but later regretted it?
An oversized house cat.

Shonisaurus

No, sometimes I didn't take classes at the University and College (I was absent from school, that is, I didn't go to classes) and yet I don't regret it.

Have you ever seen a fight between two people from the terrace of your house on the street

Halichoeres

Yes, all except the terrace. I'm from Arizona: long on violence, short on terraces. 

Have you ever missed a meeting because it was in-person and you thought it was to be over Zoom?

indohyus

Thankfully no.

Have you ever had to help someone through a tough time?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, if what I'm think of counts.

Have you ever had a friend who unjustly gotten copy right strikes/sued?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: