News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

No, unfortunately I don't rub shoulders with such important people.

Have you ever felt interested in pure sciences, specifically mathematics, even if it was not your job, career or study?

Halichoeres

Yes, math is magical and elegant.

Have you ever been hit by a car?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

I am not contributing to the game, merely pointing out avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that math is the evil vile tool of the devil  >:D C:-) 8)

Stegotyranno420

Thankfully no.

Have you ever answered no to a question in this game and then have it happen to you a bit later?

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 08, 2022, 03:51:23 PM
Thankfully no.

Have you ever answered no to a question in this game and then have it happen to you a bit later?

Yeah, the "have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp?" question. Got stung by one a while ago but it didn't hurt badly, likely due to the jacket I wore

Have you ever had a figure fall on top of you and/or cause injury?
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

MAYBE as a little kid, but not as a slightly older kid.

Have you ever met someone you looked up to and they genuinely admired your skill in the hobby?

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 07, 2022, 08:47:38 PM
I am not contributing to the game, merely pointing out avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that math is the evil vile tool of the devil  >:D C:-) 8)

Ha ha, spoken like a true biologist.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 08, 2022, 04:01:56 PM
Have you ever met someone you looked up to and they genuinely admired your skill in the hobby?

No, I don't think so. When I meet people the general vibe is mutual disdain.

Have you ever lost points on a school assignment because you included a swear?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

indohyus

No, but I did enjoy talking about certain topics, like b#####d feudalism.

Have you ever sworn in front of a teacher?

Stegotyranno420

Even though I'm paranoid that I'm like the Helen Lovejoy of this forum, always making sure certain topics dont get talked about because of the children,  I cant deny I sworn a couple of times. Either it was for a word that isnt even a swear, like stupid or strange, or the teacher didnt care because she sworn herself.

Have you ever cooked sausage

JPuggy

Yes I have

Have you ever fired a firearm?

Stegotyranno420

I wish... they look so fun. But I do shoot cans with a BB gun if that counts

Have you ever eaten Pickled Chillies

Newt

With relish! Or as relish? Prepositions are tricky.

Have you ever lost a fingernail or toenail?

Shonisaurus

Yes, when I was a child I broke a nail when I was caught in a door and they had to rip it out, it was a severe pain, then it grew back without problems, albeit with another aspect, the consequence is that I caught my right thumb in a door when A cousin of mine closed it unintentionally, the pain I remember was terrible.

Have you ever been afraid of ghosts when you were a child?

Duna

Yes, I was for a while. My aunt died of breast cancer when my cousin and I were 7 and she came to live with us for the weekdays. One night she told me her (her mother's ghost) had been standing in the corner of the room, next to the curtains and told her not to be afraid. I got for a pair of weeks waking up at night and looking at that corner, a bit afraid.

Have you ever been gored by a cow or bull?
I was by a free ranging cow in the mountain that saw me as a menace for her hidden resting baby (which I didn't saw). I was lucky to escape without any open wound (I got some bruises and a pain in my butt) because the horn got stuck in the jeans sewing when she lifted me up and I used my brute force to hold both horns and pull them back. Then I scared her back waving my hands. From that day on, I always carry a wooden stick when in the mountains.

Stegotyranno420

Not to me but pretty sure something like that happened to my father.

Have you ever shot a half court in basketball?

Halichoeres

I don't think so. I'm a better defender than shooter so if I were at half court I'd be passing.

Have you ever started to take off your mask but just ended up snapping the elastic really hard against your ear?

Newt

Yeah...

Have you ever rescued an animal that was tangled up in fishing line, netting, or other man-made stuff?

Bread

Yes, when I was about 12 years old, there was a juvenile Alligator (probably less than 2 feet long) in a pond inside of our neighborhood down in Florida. The Alligator seemed to have a fishing line trapped in its mouth. A group of adults, including my parents fished out the gator, I forget exactly how but I remember a large net being used. I just remember helping by spotting the fella and using a flashlight, it was an all night process.... And yes the fishing line was released and the animal was also released back into the water.

Have you ever been bitten by a snake? If so, was it poisonous or harmless?

Halichoeres

Yes, I've been gnawed on by a garter snake. It was more funny than painful.

Have you ever walked down the street after a snow-thaw-refreeze cycle and stomped all the brittle ice shelves that form along the sidewalk?

indohyus

Not that I can recall, but is likely when I was younger.

Have you ever looked at a place and thought "I remember when this was all fields"?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: