News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Oh yes.

Have you ever eaten fish eggs?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

no.
Have you ever been excited to try a new  food only to be disappointed

Newt

Yes, and one I'm sure you're familiar with - Achaar. So salty!

Have you ever planted a vegetable garden?

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Newt @Newt yes, Achaar(pickle) is pretty salty and oily, especially pork achaar which I did not know existed until last year, which is pretty surprising considering India is known for vegetarianism. But given the fact I tried the pork of India instead of America, I can see why Muslims restrain from Pork. Other achaars are also decent, most truthfully with lentil stew(dal).

I have planted some vegetables in my garden but not a full flung vegetable garden, but I plan to do so in spring.

Have you ever watched a movie/film or read a book that was much better than you anticipated?

Halichoeres

Oh sure. I was skeptical about Thomas Glave's Words to Our Now because I didn't like the title, but I ended up really liking the book.

Have you ever given a lame gift?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

yes

Have you ever gave a lame gift that was so lame it was considered rude.

Lynx

A 5$ giftcard on my Birthday

Have you ever given a lame gift to someone on purpose? (ketchup bottle, used deodorant, toy with like 5 broken parts, etc)
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

I gave tissues, and justified it by asking the recievant if he'd rather use toilet paper.

Have you ever had a guest live in your house for an extended period of time

Halichoeres

I guess I had that roommate who didn't pay rent for a pretty long time.

Have you ever reunited someone with their lost pet?

Stegotyranno420

various times, one of my favorite hobbies in 4th grade.

Have you ever been affected negatively by changing timezones?

Halichoeres

Definitely, including interviewing for a job from seven time zones away (I got it, though!).

Have you ever destroyed something just for the fun of it?

Stegotyranno420

Yes. In fact its a stereotype about my folks, not a bad one as one may think.

Have you ever traded multiple times from a small snack to a big meal in a school cafeteria?

Halichoeres

No but I recall a scene along those lines on The Office.

Have you ever borrowed something from a public library that wasn't a book?

Stegotyranno420

Maybe, i think it was a CD with the book.

Have you ever known a "Dale Gribble"(someone who distrusts the government, knows random facts about bizarre animals, always armed and paranoid)?

Halichoeres

I'm from Arizona, which is about 15% Dale Gribble by volume.

Have you ever done yoga?

Stegotyranno420

Never, even though I am from the place that invented it.

Have you ever went to school for one day in between long breaks

Halichoeres

I think only as an employee.

Have you ever drunk bitter chocolate?

Stegotyranno420

Nope, unless you count melting it in your mouth

Have you ever been labeled of a certain racial catergory whereas your skintone is different(for example I am labeled as brown by most people in the States due to my heritage, my skin is more of a tan or even white).

Halichoeres

Yes. By a quirk of genetics I am a few shades lighter than the rest of my family, especially in winter.

Have you ever lost a glove or mitten?

Stegotyranno420

Yes and it is not fun.

Have you ever had good plans for a day only for it to be ruined by weather

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: