News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Yes, plenty.

Have you ever seen a cassowary?

Funk

Yes, in Berlin Zoo, I'll attach a picture to this message if I find one...

Speaking of which, have you ever been injured by an animal?

ZoPteryx

On occasion.  Most recently by a rather irritated garter snake that decided to bite my hand.  To be fair I was holding him, but they're not normally so grumpy about it.  :o

Have you ever eaten something you were sure you'd hate, but ended up really enjoying it?

Shonisaurus

Yes I ended up eating some eels (they reminded me of snakes) and they are delicious. They are fish like lamprey somewhat primitive.

Have you ever eaten a impaled insect or a scorpion?

Halichoeres

I don't think so, only aquatic arthropods.

Have you ever paid a lot for a figure you wanted, only to find it for way cheaper later?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

There have certainly been a few CollectA figures that I paid way too much for on Amazon, only to see them on other sites for far cheaper.

Have you ever gone snorkeling or scuba diving?

Ravonium

No.

Have you ever realised something that you wish you didn't?

Shonisaurus

Yes.

Have you ever had hopes that the lottery would hit you?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 29, 2019, 05:04:58 PM
Yes.

Have you ever had hopes that the lottery would hit you?

Yes.

Have you ever stolen something from a hotel?

Tyto_Theropod

Yes! On two separate occasions, a 'do not disturb' door sign and a bar of soap! >:D

Have you ever been so sleep deprived you started having weird and wacky hallucinations? (If so, please do tell us what they were!)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Halichoeres

I have gotten a little loopy, but to the best of my knowledge I have never hallucinated due to lack of sleep.

Have you ever worked a minimum wage job?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

If I have worked for months in a public school as an administrator charging 720 euros per month during the economic crisis that began in 2007.

Have you ever regretted not having made peace with an adversary of yours?

Halichoeres

Yes, occasionally. But for the most part, I am fine with allowing people I don't get along with just departing my life.

Have you ever realized that something you were eating was moldy after you had already eaten some of it?

Ravonium

Yes.

Have you ever seen someone think a satirical news story is real?

Halichoeres

All too often. I come from credulous stock.

Have you ever broken a tooth?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 12, 2019, 04:14:31 PM
All too often. I come from credulous stock.

Have you ever broken a tooth?

Yes I broke part of a tooth that I had to fill some dental friends in my neighborhood (I got the filling free) when chewing a chicken bone. Since then I don't bite the bones of chicken, lamb or veal chops that I used to eat whole (including bones), other than that I suffer from bursitis and I think it was the cause of my tooth breaking. Fortunately, despite everything, I have a very resistant denture.

Have you ever had a premonitory dream of something that was going to happen and has come true?

ZoPteryx

I don't think so, but it's difficult remember dreams sometimes.

Have you ever lost a beloved dinosaur figure?

ITdactyl

Lots... the bad side effect of "mi casa es su casa"

Have you ever been caught by other people with a toy in your mouth?

The Atroxious

A long time ago, when I was a little kid, yes.

Have you ever been stranded somewhere without easily accessible transportation and had to work out a scheme to get back home/back to your hotel?

Halichoeres

Many times. When I was younger I resorted to hitchhiking, or asking strangers if I could throw my broken bicycle into the back of their pickup truck. These days there are ride sharing apps, but I hate using those so they're my absolute last resort.

Have you ever been injured by a plant's defense mechanism?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: