News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

No. Wild mushroom I think I have not eaten. Yes, I have eaten mushrooms just not long ago.

Have you ever met someone you were constantly talking about with other people at that time on the street?

Crackington

Yes, speak of the devil...

Have you ever walked in fossil sauropod footprints?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Crackington on November 15, 2020, 07:37:38 PM
Yes, speak of the devil...

Have you ever walked in fossil sauropod footprints?

Unfotunately not (yet, you better don't probably for the means of preservation?), I though have lain my hand into a theropod footprint, that is only visible at low tide on Australia's coast.

Have you ever drove a vehicle illegally?

Shonisaurus

No, I have a car and I don't know how to drive.

Have you ever read books of more than 1000 pages in less than two weeks?

indohyus

Possibly, when I was at uni.

Have you ever been on a hovercraft?

Halichoeres

Not to my recollection.

Have you ever been on a jet-ski?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kotori_Sonoda

Nah, I'm not the thrill-seeking type.

Ever camped overnight in a mountain area?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

No, I have never camped on a mountain.

Have you ever bathed in ice water?

Halichoeres

I don't know about ice water, but I've bathed in cold water when camping for work, that kind of thing.

Have you ever been pilloried for an innocuous but unpopular opinion (for example, "I don't like avocadoes")?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

Yes, I have been ridiculed a lot of times during my childhood.

Have you ever turned down a compliment because you think you are not deserving of it?

Halichoeres

Oh definitely. I am always highly suspicious of compliments

Have you ever had a butterfly or dragonfly land on your outstretched hand?

Bread

Yes, I have had a dragonfly land on my outstretched hand. Used to live by a pond that always had swarms of them.

Have you ever held an Alligator?

Mirroraptor

Never. I have kept some reptiles, I have held Varanus exanthematicus and Iguana, but I have never raised crocodiles.  Have you ever been bitten by a salamander?

Halichoeres

If so, it was a salamander small enough that I didn't notice it (I've only ever handled small plethodontids).

Have you ever fallen into, or been pushed into, a swimming pool while fully clothed?

EmperorDinobot

Halichoeres

Why, yes! But in the days before cell phones, so no harm done.

Have you ever camped in a desert?

ceratopsian

Yes. The only time I have ever camped. Three nights under canvas in southern Libya in the Sahara on a trip looking at rock art.

Have you ever broken down in the desert?

Mirroraptor

Not yet. But an interesting experience is that we once traversed a desert in Xinjiang, China with an expedition team by CIBCAS. On the half way, we were intercepted by military vehicles and the soldiers told us that we were about to enter the former nuclear test area. This scares me.
Have you ever been so frightened by a certain scene in a movie that you are reluctant to see similar scenes in reality for a long time?

indohyus

The eye scene in event horizon.

Have you ever been irritated by an animal that didn't belong to you?

Libraraptor

Quote from: indohyus on November 28, 2020, 04:02:52 PM
The eye scene in event horizon.

Have you ever been irritated by an animal that didn't belong to you?

There were little fishes in the Mediterranean Sea this fall which bit my feet when I stood in the water. That irritatated me.

Have you ever met someone really famous, like an actor or a singer or an artist?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: