News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

No, I wouldn't really consider bumping into a hip hop artist name Future by accident as meeting someone famous, but here's the story. Happened at Disney World, I was not paying attention and walked right into him. The body guard I guess was not paying attention as well. I apologized and simply carried on with my vacation. Meanwhile my cousins were all stricken with surprise. This was before he was famous apparently. Happened like a good five or more years ago. Not a fan of his music though.

Have you ever captured a wild animal?

Shonisaurus

Never.

Have you ever been a friend of a cat and have you fed it?

Newt

Yes; a few years ago, I rescued two orphaned kittens. I fed them every four hours, day and night, and took care of them until they were old enough to be adopted. In return, they destroyed my houseplants. Now that's friendship!

Have you ever paddled a canoe?

Lanthanotus

Yes, regularly once or twice a year for the last 20, but only ever on freshwater streams.

Have you ever cracked open a discontinued, high value collector's item from its mint box?

indohyus

Yes, Toyway Walking with figures.

Have you ever found a rare figure at a cheap store/car boot?

Bread

Yes, I found The Lost World Thrasher rex at a goodwill for about $10. I remember it having a missing arm and all the toe claws were destroyed. I gave it to my friend who is a bigger fan than myself of Jurassic Park.

Have you ever regret selling a model/figure?

Shonisaurus

No, I never regret it. As I say what's done is done and there is no solution

Have you ever been injured because of the accidental fall of one of your shelves in your collection of a dinosaur or other prehistoric animal?

Wallnut

I dint find a fossil? Have you ever save a tortois from a 1 meter (3.28 feet) hole? I saved one.

Wallnut

İf you grab a tortoise they shake their legs

Newt

No, but I saved a box turtle that was stuck in a tree limb after a flood.

Have you ever ridden a horse?

Bread

No, I did have an opportunity to try, but in the end I chickened out.

Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild?

Wallnut

I didnt saw a bear in wild. Have you ever see a falcon killing a marmot in sunset? I see one killing a marmot in sunset its a beatiful scene.

Mirroraptor

There are many marmots on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. I have witnessed falcons and eagles hunting them, but they often missed. Only a few times I have seen those raptors successfully catched one, but not in the sunset.
Have you ever caught a fish that is big enough to pull you into the water?

Shonisaurus

No, I don't know how to fish.

Have you ever seen a large bird for example imperial eagle or griffon vulture flying while you were in the field or elsewhere, (for example when driving).

Note: any large bird is valid, for example in America it will be the condor for example, since in my case only as a large bird among other species is the imperial eagle or the griffon vulture, and it must be taken into account that in the case of the imperial eagle, it is an autochthonous species of my nation.

Lanthanotus

Biggest flying bird I`ve ever seen were Andean Condors in Argentina, quite some years back... second would be the Australian Pelican and the Wedge tailed Eagle, ... biggest bird in the field would be the Emu though. While those can be seen at some picnic areas (as with other wildlife) flushing them out in the wild by accident is something different :D

Upps, forgot..... have you ever eaten other than chicken eggs?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 14, 2020, 05:11:26 PM
Biggest flying bird I`ve ever seen were Andean Condors in Argentina, quite some years back... second would be the Australian Pelican and the Wedge tailed Eagle, ... biggest bird in the field would be the Emu though. While those can be seen at some picnic areas (as with other wildlife) flushing them out in the wild by accident is something different :D

Upps, forgot..... have you ever eaten other than chicken eggs?
Not sure.

Have you ever been in trouble for something, and got in more trouble for trying to explain(I had a teacher like that )

Lanthanotus

Had a trial 20 years back for bashing on a police car and insulting an officer. Well, it wasn`t me but
the judge refused to accept thatand doubled the fine because I was "inveterately".

Have you ever stage dived?

indohyus

In spite of all the stage work, no. On the to do list

Have you ever worked with a celebrity?

Shonisaurus

Never, I don't personally know any celebrities

Have you ever fallen in love with a person that you know hates and despises you for no reason? Is it more that you still love her and are you still attracted to her?

Bread

Nope, but I did have a crush on a girl who later began to hate me for no reason. Soon after I got the hint and moved on. This happened back in high school.

Have you ever encountered a large predatory cat in the wild?

Edit: I misread avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus question and fixed my answer.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: