News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Book recommendations

Started by DinoToyForum, March 26, 2012, 02:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Justin_ on August 17, 2024, 08:10:44 PMI love the Gertie-style Anatosaurus. Do you know the Love In The Time of Chasmosaurs blog? George Solonevich is a big favourite there.

Yes, i love George Solonevich's style. I have 1993 Turkish version of that book from my childhood. Recently i have found 2nd hand English version from older print (1971) His style almost make them look 3D , incredible artist for sure. Also there is great charm of retrosaurs.

thomasw100

This is going to be a question. I am looking for a good introduction into paleobotany, ideally a book with rich paleoart style illustrations and suitable as a starter and entry point into the field.

william555

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 19, 2024, 08:33:39 PMThis is going to be a question. I am looking for a good introduction into paleobotany, ideally a book with rich paleoart style illustrations and suitable as a starter and entry point into the field.

Try "The Emerald Planet: How Plants Changed Earth's History" by David Beerling but if you want something more detailed, "Paleobotany: The Biology and Evolution of Fossil Plants" by Thomas and Edith Taylor

HD-man

:) Heard about this back in June. Good to see it finally has a cover: https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691245584/king-tyrant
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Carnoking

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.