News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Introducing Georassic Park

Started by Georassic, October 22, 2013, 04:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georassic

Maybe Anky is fated to be a welcome mat for new DTF member-collectors, and one day I'll feel compelled to trade him myself. :-)

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Georassic

Quote from: alexeratops on January 24, 2014, 03:15:44 PM
Cool dioramas, Georassic! :))
Thanks Alex! It's actually a window well outside my home/basement office...
cheers
geo

Bokisaurus

Very nice set up for your figures :)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

hi I'm new here but I liked what you did with your diorama me and my grandpa are doing a table diorama kinda like that when I can upload pictures those will be the first thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Georassic

Quote from: dinosauradventures34 on April 24, 2015, 08:04:02 AM
hi I'm new here but I liked what you did with your diorama me and my grandpa are doing a table diorama kinda like that when I can upload pictures those will be the first thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!
Thanks! My display is presently completely torn down...it's a window well exposed to the elements, so it gets filled with leaves and dust, and every rainstorm erodes parts of the diorama. So I took it all down a while ago, and this summer's hobby project will be to rebuild it better, more sustainable/manageable, and somehow shielded from the elements without blocking the window from sun and fresh air.
Good luck with yours!

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

wow awesome table! i have my own but its not as detailed and instead of a river i have a marshland but i really like yours!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Megalosaurus

Pretty good dioramas.
But my friend... You should not disclose which is your diorama entry from the contest.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Georassic

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 12, 2015, 06:14:06 AM
Pretty good dioramas.
But my friend... You should not disclose which is your diorama entry from the contest.
Thanks for the compliments. As for disclosing my diorama, it's the only diorama I have, so I don't have a choice. It's not a table, it's a window well outside my basement! I tore it all out a year ago and I'm presently in rebuild mode, so my entry this year is actually a photo more than a year old.

Arul

Amazing :D a lot of hard work on this diorama i like it

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Georassic on October 12, 2015, 03:01:22 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 12, 2015, 06:14:06 AM
Pretty good dioramas.
Thanks for the compliments. As for disclosing my diorama, it's the only diorama I have, so I don't have a choice. It's not a table, it's a window well outside my basement! I tore it all out a year ago and I'm presently in rebuild mode, so my entry this year is actually a photo more than a year old.

It is true that contest dioramas should remain anonymous until the voting is over. Sharing them is against the rules and could result in disqualification. For this reason I have removed it from the post, but you are welcome to put it back when the contest is over.  C:-)

Georassic

[/quote]

It is true that contest dioramas should remain anonymous until the voting is over. Sharing them is against the rules and could result in disqualification. For this reason I have removed it from the post, but you are welcome to put it back when the contest is over.  C:-)
[/quote]
Thanks, Dr. Admin. It's certainly not my intent to out my entry, and it didn't occur to me that Megalosaurus' post, or our combo of posts, inadvertently did either. Apologies for any and all breaches of protocol.

Polihierax

Everything_Dinosaur

A very impressive diorama, well done you.

Georassic

Thanks Poli and E_D! The funny thing is, I have since disassembled the whole thing and started over from scratch months ago. The new diorama is nearly finished and I hope to start posting pictures in the coming weeks/months....

irimali

That's the coolest thing to have in a window well.  I can't wait to see the new version!

Georassic

Greetings, it's only taken a year, but finally, an updated version of my window well diorama, Georassic Park, in video. Since it's outdoors (and now screened in), my choices of weather-resistant materials (everything from plants to paint) are limited, so it can never be as nice as some of the diorama contest entries. But since I work from home and see out that window all day, the view beats bare boards and gravel.

Lanthanotus

Very nice idea to create such a diorama into an otherwise "poor view" window :) .... you used real and artifical stones/rocks. How did you make the water, looks like you used "Muggelsteine"(not sure what they are called in English,... glass nuggets?)?

Georassic

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 25, 2016, 05:28:08 PM
Very nice idea to create such a diorama into an otherwise "poor view" window :) .... you used real and artifical stones/rocks. How did you make the water, looks like you used "Muggelsteine"(not sure what they are called in English,... glass nuggets?)?
Thanks, Lanthanotus. You are correct about the rock and water. The "rocks" are mostly a mix of real stones, which provide the stable foundation for many features, and painted wood and styrofoam. Except for one section of the cliff face, which I found at the model railroad store where I buy the trees; it was a discounted remnant of a large train diorama. The water is indeed a mix of glass nuggets, some acrylic as well. There are half a dozen different sizes/varieties that I use to try to convey different water effects. 

Carnotaurus

Really like it!!!  Just Excellent! ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: