News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: TioFoda182 on December 19, 2013, 09:23:49 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on December 19, 2013, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2013, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: radman on December 19, 2013, 08:46:51 PM
Wow, great user name!  So I guess 180 and 181 were unavailable? Classy.  Please feel free to NOT post any personal pix, thanks. :P
LOL, I agree. Also, I'm wondering how appropriate such a screen name is when there are kids as young as 6 and 8 on the board...
I agree-it's not appropriate, especially for young children.

Yah, if you can't say it in public, don't say it here!  ;)

This is me again... sorry if i offended anyone in here... i've been using that nickname for more than 10 years and it's really simple to keep the same nickname and password over all the boards you are in and didn't think about that offending kids or something in that way...
all i wanted to do was to share something in the good of the thread and the community.. if that's not welcome here, maybe i was wrong considering being part of this board

about the nickname and the number 182.. both are references to a band called blink-182... maybe you kids don't know it
also... its about joke, not offending.
Well, it does say in the rules that you're not allowed to use profanity in your screen name. I believe that before you join the forum, you are presented with the rules of the forum and, by joining the forum, you also agree to abide by those rules. I also believe that your making of another account constitutes ban evasion.

But hey, if it was an honest mistake, then Dr Admin will probably give you another chance. Welcome to the forum :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: TioFoda182 on December 19, 2013, 09:23:49 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on December 19, 2013, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: radman on December 19, 2013, 08:46:51 PM
Wow, great user name!  So I guess 180 and 181 were unavailable? Classy.  Please feel free to NOT post any personal pix, thanks. :P
LOL, I agree. Also, I'm wondering how appropriate such a screen name is when there are kids as young as 6 and 8 on the board...
I agree-it's not appropriate, especially for young children.

Yah, if you can't say it in public, don't say it here!  ;)

This is me again... sorry if i offended anyone in here... i've been using that nickname for more than 10 years and it's really simple to keep the same nickname and password over all the boards you are in and didn't think about that offending kids or something in that way...
all i wanted to do was to share something in the good of the thread and the community.. if that's not welcome here, maybe i was wrong considering being part of this board

about the nickname and the number 182.. both are references to a band called blink-182... maybe you kids don't know it
also... its about joke, not offending.

maybe you guys must consider spare some time banning words from the register formulary other than banning people with good intentions!
TioFoda, not all of us here are children, but some members are. So we just need to be careful to be responsible and not use profanity, especially around 6-10 year olds. Other than that, welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it!
Also, no one was saying that you sharing the information about Papo (I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said you "shared something in the good of the thread and the community) was bad-the username was simply inappropriate. I myself was fine with your post, though.
So, in the end, just be careful with what you say-little ears are apt to repeat, and some parents might not be happy to hear their kids saying things they assume are "acceptable."
Okay, now I'll get off the soapbox; sorry for the rant-just my 2 cents.  ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

TioFoda182

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2013, 09:30:43 PM
Well, it does say in the rules that you're not allowed to use profanity in your screen name. I believe that before you join the forum, you are presented with the rules of the forum and, by joining the forum, you also agree to abide by those rules. I also believe that your making of another account constitutes ban evasion.

But hey, if it was an honest mistake, then Dr Admin will probably give you another chance. Welcome to the forum :)

Do you read the rules of all boards you are going to enter in? I don't.. maybe it's a mistake cause the rules are there to be complied.. so, my mistake on that... i can assure you this one is clean

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
TioFoda, not all of us here are children, but some members are. So we just need to be careful to be responsible and not use profanity, especially around 6-10 year olds. Other than that, welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it!
Also, no one was saying that you sharing the information about Papo (I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said you "shared something in the good of the thread and the community) was bad-the username was simply inappropriate. I myself was fine with your post, though.
So, in the end, just be careful with what you say-little ears are apt to repeat, and some parents might not be happy to hear their kids saying things they assume are "acceptable."

You are totally right... it was not a way to be aggressive with people or something like that... if that was my intention, i assure you i'd not putting that on the screen name... i'd put it right on the thread.

I hope you guys forgive me and please let me know if i'm going to be banned again or not, cause otherwise i'd like to set up my signature ;) (it involves dinosaur lol)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: TioFoda182 on December 19, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

Do you read the rules of all boards you are going to enter in? I don't.. maybe it's a mistake cause the rules are there to be complied.. so, my mistake on that... i can assure you this one is clean

You are totally right... it was not a way to be aggressive with people or something like that... if that was my intention, i assure you i'd not putting that on the screen name... i'd put it right on the thread.

I hope you guys forgive me and please let me know if i'm going to be banned again or not, cause otherwise i'd like to set up my signature ;) (it involves dinosaur lol)
If Dr. Admin's cool with it, and since like you said, it was just a mistake, welcome to the forum! And no hard feelings-everybody makes mistakes.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Gwangi

You can't really blame people. They've probably built the Papo figures up in their minds as something amazing, hence their excitement. They're not hurting anyone, so let them speculate as much as they like.

I don't blame people for their excitement, it is my excitement that has me checking back here all the time. It's alright to speculate and get excited but it does get irritating when you check a thread everyday and all there is are comments whining about how we don't know what the figures are yet and when the reveal date is going to be. I dunno, perhaps I've grown too old or jaded. All I know is that we'll know when Papo tells us and that's fine by me, I don't see the point in clamoring about it everyday.

amargasaurus cazaui

They say a watched pot never boils........
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: TioFoda182 on December 19, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

Thanks for explaining, and for the apology. Since you made an honest mistake I'm happy for you to stay with your new username - thanks for joining!

amanda

Actually, yes, yes I do read the rules of each board before clicking accept.....I'm old, and silly that way.

But yea, I check through here several times a day looking for news. But no big, it'll happen when it happens. Not excitement so much as idle curiosity. They will not be able to be bought anytime soon. I find once I know, the anticipation of getting a figure I like to be harder to deal with than the wait for the reveal was.

tanystropheus

So, does anyone have pictures of the NEW Papo Chasmosaurus Giganotosaurus Iguanodon Megatherium figure(s) ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 20, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
So, does anyone have pictures of the NEW Papo Chasmosaurus Giganotosaurus Iguanodon figure(s) ?

" You serious Clark ? "

ChrisLikesDinos

So for real, do we have any clue whats coming?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm one to take anything sans actual pics with a grain of proverbial salt.. ;)

amanda

A grain of salt, a pound of salt.....

A Papo Chasmosaurus may be...anti-climatic for me. I'm sure it'd be cool, but we HAVE so many of them. I'd hope for something less well represented...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 20, 2013, 06:33:36 AM

A Papo Chasmosaurus may be...anti-climatic for me. I'm sure it'd be cool, but we HAVE so many of them. I'd hope for something less well represented...

Really ? I can only recall a few..most aren't accurate or that well made either.  Seems it would be a good choice considering it's recognition factor.

Gryphoceratops

So many of them?  I just know of the Jurassic Park one and the less-than-acurate CollectA.  Amidst all the new ceratopsid figures that have come out and are coming out I'd say Chasmosaurus would be a much welcomed addition. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on December 20, 2013, 07:19:02 AM

So many of them?  I just know of the Jurassic Park one and the less-than-acurate CollectA.  Amidst all the new ceratopsid figures that have come out and are coming out I'd say Chasmosaurus would be a much welcomed addition.

That's the top two I can think of..aside from the Tyco DR one and the ROM one...there are models of course too, but no really good accurate ones out there.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I assume tanystropheus  was kidding?....
-Peter Benchley

amanda

Maybe. I am sure a Papo one will be quite cool to look at. Let us not hope for "accurate" though.  We are talking papo, which considers that to be a relative term. Aside from leg positioning and toes, what is wrong with the Tamiya 1/35 chasmo?

Everything_Dinosaur

We at Everything Dinosaur can reveal that Papo will be adding three replicas to their model range, a young Triceratops, a Dilophosaurus and an Archaeopterxy.  The Archaeopteryx is currently in production, but all three models will not be available certainly before 1st March.  Everything Dinosaur has already committed to all three additions and we will be posting up pictures of the Triceratops and the Dilophosaurus shortly, but for the time being, dimensions etc to be announced.

Everything_Dinosaur

New for 2014 from Papo and not likely to be available until after 1st March comes this replica of the dinosaur known as Dilophosaurus:

Dimensions not available as yet, model has been influenced by the existing Allosaurus replica and the brief was to try to avoid the tail acting as a third support and show the kinked jaws plus of course contrast the colouration of the double crest with the colours chosen for the animal's body.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: