News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Finally a reason to stop back here! I really like that Archeopteryx even though it reminds me more of Deinonychus or something along those lines. The body looks fantastic but I would have preferred the head/neck area to look more "birdy". Still, this may very well be the best feathered dinosaur representation to date and at least they've finally done one. Off hand I don't see any glaring anatomical issues either.
As for Dilophosaurus, I like that one too but the overall body reminds me A LOT of the Papo Allosaurus. Also it overall appearance it looks more like a monster and less like an animal but I suppose that is Papo's style. I'll get both of them for sure, the Archeopteryx being top priority this year for me.

Everything_Dinosaur

Last but not least the Baby Triceratops figure from Papo.  We hope to get better images soon but we do know that this model has been designed to work well with the existing Papo adult Triceratops figure.  Based on our own research the model is quite an accurate depiction of a young Ceratopsian and we are pleased to see a model reflect ontogenic studies etc.

For further information we prepared a brief blog article on these three new model releases: Blog Update on New Papo Model Releases from Everything Dinosaur

Neven Florian

WOW PAPO IS THE BEST. Dilophosaurus and archaeopteryx are on my list now.

Raptoress

These are absolutely awesome! Love them all! I particularly love the dilophosaurus. This was well worth the wait for me! :D

Carnosaur

I'll be adding all three to my collection

SpartanSquat

WOW! This is a big surprise! The dilo is like I imagined! Like Sideshow one. But like Gwangi said looks like papo allosaurus. The archaeopteryx is so beautifull! The baby triceratops, looks cute, like JP baby triceratops that never appeared on the movie.
But I thought in a french shop all christmas have a  temporal exclusive figure like mammoth, tylosarus or oviraptor. This year will be different?

Ikessauro

yAY!!! Now I am excited! Looking forward to them, so beautiful, so perfect! Papo with feathers, who would believe!

Hermes888

I can't help but say I'm genuinely surprised by all three, and without a doubt I'll add the theropods to my collection!

KeU

Dilophosaurus! Lovely, hopefully it'll stand better than the Allosaurus.
Sadly no Giganotosaurus.. but there is always next year.

utd7

Wow really didn't expect any of these well done PAPO. For some reason my favourite is the Archaeopteryx cant wait to get it.
We live in a Jurassic World

sauroid

the new Papo are all awesome. the only disappointment: no Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

juju1305

I'm so glad about the dilophosaurus, and the baby trike is the best on the market by far. Safari's is cute but this is really superior. As for the archaeopteryx, i like it, but it feels like a blend of a raptor and a vulture, there's a lack of harmony about this figure, I guess I'll have to see it in person.

juju1305

Quote from: sauroid on December 20, 2013, 01:42:34 PM
the new Papo are all awesome. the only disappointment: no Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus.

I couldn't agree more.
But the good news is that a lot of us had been asking for a dilophosaurus. :) and though it's quite beefy, it's not a JP rip-off, which I really appreciate.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on December 20, 2013, 01:42:34 PM

Why was everyone convinced that either one of these was being made?

The only issue with the Archaeopteryx is that recent findings demonstrate that the legs should be wing-like as well as the arms (sort of like Microraptor, but not to that extreme) but it is a minor thing. The dilophosaurus is almost literally monstrous!

nobunaga

where are my giant teropods ? my giganotosaur?

juju1305

tyrantqueen

*faints* They're so beautiful. I'm getting them all.

Looks like I was right about Dilophosaurus >:D The colour scheme looks quite Sideshow inspired.

amanda

Quote from: nobunaga on December 20, 2013, 02:04:14 PM
where are my giant teropods ? my giganotosaur?

**Why** were people so sure a Giga and Apato were being made? People were 100 percent confident about the Giga? I like all of them actually. The Dilopho is a little extreme, but I like that better then the "so thin I'll snap" look of Wild Safari's figure. The baby trike...not my first choice for a new horned figure, but sooo cute, and **detailed** Annnd....nobody does feathers like Papo does feathers... :)

amanda

Hey, are the Dilopho's jaws movable? With the dewlap on the neck there I don't see how that would work? Is this to be their first theropod with non-movable jaws?

tyrantqueen

My only criticism about this figure is how thin the tail suddenly becomes. It sort of becomes iguana like halfway through.

Are those neutral palms I see, too? :) Also, extra yay for it not being JP inspired.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: