News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2013, 10:01:46 PM
I will never understand why people quote the same picture over and over again.  :o
Because it's convenient to just press the "quote" button.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
I will never understand why people quote the same picture over and over again.  :o

What i do is discard all the text and pics that are irrelevant to my reply and put this: [...] instead.
That's the correct way to omit text from a citation in my language.

-------------

By the way, there's nothing inaccurate on this Therizinosaurus. Didn't you read about this new species? It's called: Therizinosaurus Kruegeri

But now seriously, I'll buy 2 of these one.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Balaur

Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 14, 2013, 12:39:11 AM
By the way, there's nothing inaccurate on this Therizinosaurus. Didn't you read about this new species? It's called: Therizinosaurus Kruegeri

You almost got me on that. ;)

Gwangi

I get that, but I think I speak for most of us when I say having to scroll through the same pictures countless times is punishment the general membership should not have to endure. It seems simple enough to edit a post and omit the pictures, especially if there are a bunch of them.

suspsy

So . . . unless I'm mistaken, the only thing they did with the T. rex is give it a slightly lighter shade of green and posed it about to make a potty. That's sad.

The Pentaceratops and Therizinosaurus, however, aren't bad. Flawed, yes, but overall not bad. Good colours too.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on November 14, 2013, 02:35:46 AM

I get that, but I think I speak for most of us when I say having to scroll through the same pictures countless times is punishment the general membership should not have to endure. It seems simple enough to edit a post and omit the pictures, especially if there are a bunch of them.

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2013, 07:26:45 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 14, 2013, 02:35:46 AM

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind.

It's not really a big deal, I'm very much used to it. If it is one picture it isn't so bad but I've seen people quote a post with multiple pictures over and over.

tanystropheus

Haha, you're just saying that because Schleich has a tendency for being horrendous :P I don't think you want to be blasted with that image of the neon raptor again and again.. :D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 14, 2013, 09:20:44 PM
Haha, you're just saying that because Schleich has a tendency for being horrendous :P I don't think you want to be blasted with that image of the neon raptor again and again.. :D
Are you speaking to Gwangi or me? :)

darylj

I guess the penta isnt bad...  The rest though - awful

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2013, 10:25:30 PM
Are you speaking to Gwangi or me? :)

Gwangi :)

I don't think anyone minds seeing the Sideshow Mosasaurus for the nth time :D

Gwangi

That is certainly a factor! Though it this case I was prompted by repeat viewings of the Geoworld and Schleich Styracosaurus.

Everything_Dinosaur

No retirements announced yet by Schleich from the prehistoric animal ranges.

Takama

ED   can you confirm the names of these Dinosaurs?    Is that Raptor a New Velociraptor, or a new Dromeosaur?

alexeratops

But now seriously, I'll buy 2 of these one.
[/quote]

dude you made me look it up online with literally 0 results. u o me
like a bantha!

Federreptil

It´s a clear path Schleich is walking and every year the destination becomes more visible. A new generation of kids are growing and they know first Ice Age and maybe Disney's Dinosaur. This are their prehistoric world and role models. So they get brilliant surfaces with tons of luring details, nice brilliant colors and cartoonish feet, as big as possible. Maybe the last Schleich dino I would buy is the styraccosaurus from this year and after the first joy – it wandered in the kids toys box. The cuddly ceratopsid is at last a younger sister of Eema, the old knaggy styraccolady in Dinosaur. It is logical, that Schleich disclaimed on the museum prooved tag. Same situation with Bullyland despite their struggle against poor sellings. So it may be a wonder, that e. g. Favorite give the kids on and on a more naturalistic view.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2013, 08:56:03 PM
ED   can you confirm the names of these Dinosaurs?    Is that Raptor a New Velociraptor, or a new Dromeosaur?

We have been told by Schleich that it is a Velociraptor, although they have been known to change their minds.  We think model number 14509 from the company's "Die kleinen Dinos" range.  We also suspect that the new T. rex is going to replace model number 14502 but they has been no confirmation of this from the manufacturer.

CityRaptor

Got Schleich's 2014 Catalogue. Those are not replacements. They are also of the normal-sized range.
The Therizinosaurus and Velociraptor can both move their arms and jaws, the Tyrannosaurus its jaws.
Numbers and Names, as written in the catalogue:
14 528 Tyrannosaurus Rex, hellgrün
14 529 Therizinosaurus
14 530 Velociraptor, grün
14 531 Pentaceratops

Grün is green, hellgrün is light green.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the info CityRaptor! Im happy that they wont replace the old figures, the 2012 t-rex is better than this new one.
The idea of the arms looks cool!

sepp

I'm just now seeing these new figures for the first time, and all I can say is... ouch :/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: