News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

DTF T-Shirts, Mugs, Baseball caps an idea?

Started by Tylosaurus, March 27, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hey all

I was wondering if the DTF ever had caps, T-Shirts or baseball caps with the Dinosaurtoyforum logo on it or the url of the website or this as picture on a T-Shirt or mug:

this picture is also an option:

Might be a cool idea and also handy for meetings as the baseball caps and T-Shirts go right :)
Another idea that came to mind is after buying these products the extra costs of these products, let's say +5 EUR; that can also be seen as a donation to the website, to help dinotoyforum maintain the place :)

DinoToyForum

It is something I have considered. I even put out some feelers a few years back but there didn't seem to be much of an interest. However, if a large number of people were interested, I'd be willing to open a cafe press store. 

Tylosaurus

Well you got one client already here, me that is 8)

Takama

I like that idea. :)
but i live in the states, and can only pay with mailed in Checks :(

Tylosaurus

Hey Takama use PayPal most people use it and it's very safe too ;) If you don't have PayPal make up an account it will save you a lot of time too and give you more freedom for paying things worldwide.

Seijun

I would certainly buy a shirt if I found an opportunity to afford it. I have been telling my folks for months that dino toy collecting is really a "real" hobby, especially since there is even a book about it.. but having official shirts would clinch it   ;D  Then they would HAVE to take me seriously! (or not)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Seijun on March 28, 2012, 11:45:39 AM
I would certainly buy a shirt if I found an opportunity to afford it. I have been telling my folks for months that dino toy collecting is really a "real" hobby, especially since there is even a book about it.. but having official shirts would clinch it   ;D  Then they would HAVE to take me seriously! (or not)
heh tell me about it, my parents take me for real as Dino's go, but it took them a long time with them VGA cards, but in time they were like it does not matter what you collect, as long you are interested in what you collect you sould be happy with it.

Although I just hope it does not get out of hand, some people have a "collecting depression" they collect so much stuff, that they lose control in what they are collecting, they can't move or walk in their houses, they lose room for themselves and end up as very depressive people.

This is something I always tend to avoid, but that does sometimes snag my attention, just the idea it scares me.

DinoFan45

Yeah, it took some convincing here too. But, after some time since I joined, I pulled out an old cd shelf, and put all of my best ones on it. By best, I mean ones that aren't chinasaurs.

Back on topic, if I had money, yeah, I'd probably by a shirt.
"Life will find a way."

Takama

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 28, 2012, 09:11:39 AM
Hey Takama use PayPal most people use it and it's very safe too ;) If you don't have PayPal make up an account it will save you a lot of time too and give you more freedom for paying things worldwide.

yeah, but my mom and dad were very strictive when it comes to financial indenitty.
I tryed to sign up for Pay-Pal for E-bay, only for it to ask for a Credet Card on file.
So i would have to contact my aunt to make special Pay-pal orders.

maybe i will see if she could get me one of the proposed shirts

If it ever happens,  Dinotoyforum could you please make some shirts in 3xx or 4xx.

I admit that I am as big as a Giganotosaurus

Weaver

I think if a shirt came out, it would have to be... nice. Classy. I'd buy a shirt or mug with a simple lineart graphic. I would not shell out 20-30 bucks a shirt with the banner on it. No offense. I want a design that doesn't use the actual toys in it. Something stylized or funny perhaps. Maybe a design and caption contest to find a design would be a neat idea.

That's just my opinion.

Tylosaurus

I would not mind  a DTF Mug , T-Shirt and Baseball cap :)

Seijun

Quote from: Weaver on March 31, 2012, 06:44:05 AM
I think if a shirt came out, it would have to be... nice. Classy. I'd buy a shirt or mug with a simple lineart graphic. I would not shell out 20-30 bucks a shirt with the banner on it. No offense. I want a design that doesn't use the actual toys in it. Something stylized or funny perhaps. Maybe a design and caption contest to find a design would be a neat idea.

That's just my opinion.

I like that idea.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

For people that don't have paypal I can help for those that live in the EU for example, some one wants an item but they don't have PayPal, as I do, they can transfer me the needed money via Bank or IBAN Money transfer for the wanted items incl shipping and then I can place the order and the items will be shipped to my place an then in the following I will ship to the one where the items would go to, this would only add him or her double shipping costs, since there would be shipping from where the items come from to my place and from my place to that buyer, that is the only probable down slide, but I am willing to help just on that behalf. 8)

DinoToyForum

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Thanks.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 01, 2012, 12:17:19 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Thanks.

Hmm I do not know what you mean by that, it's that after you posted this:

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 27, 2012, 11:48:43 PM
It is something I have considered. I even put out some feelers a few years back but there didn't seem to be much of an interest. However, if a large number of people were interested, I'd be willing to open a cafe press store. 

I think the more people that get interested in this they greater the chance will be that such an idea will succeed 8) Please correct me if I am mistaken.

DinoToyForum

I'm only accepting expressions of interest!
It is premature to discuss methods of payment.

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 01, 2012, 01:45:02 PM
I'm not interested in mugs or ball caps.  I think a t-shirt or a calender with diorama pictures would be cool.  We did discuss that at one time.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on April 01, 2012, 10:31:50 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 01, 2012, 01:45:02 PM
I'm not interested in mugs or ball caps.  I think a t-shirt or a calender with diorama pictures would be cool.  We did discuss that at one time.

The calendar idea is a great one  8)

Tylosaurus

I am interested in anything possible Caps are things I do collect so yeah likewise this idea stays open for my doings, ah well any idea is welcome of course.

Seijun

On another forum I am on, we recently had a photo contest, and the 13 winners got their pictures put into a calendar. Something like that could be a lot of fun :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: