News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Saurian (Game Project)

Started by Yutyrannus, November 28, 2013, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

nope. death is inevitable in that gamemode. its just to see how far you'll survive after the impact.

Flaffy

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on July 24, 2016, 04:41:46 AM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 24, 2016, 04:36:28 AM
Well Saurian isn't your average dinosaur-survival game, it has a lot of elements which differs it from other dinosaur survival games. Like courtship during mating season, social dynamics, mimicry, sexual dimorphism, really smart AI, a working ecosystem, weather that actually affects the player and everything around it, post-impact survival, different playstyles during different stages of life, accurate fauna and flora...

Post impact survival? Meaning you survive the apocalypse?!
Well sorta, imagine it as a hardcore gamemode where you never win. You try to stay alive as long as possible after the KPG mass extinction event, clean water and edible food will be scarce which makes survival harder than ever.

Flaffy

GOOD NEWS! For people who missed out on the campaign, Saurian is available for pre-order via BackerKit! Backerkit also accepts paypal. 
Link to the Saurian BackerKit storefront: https://saurian.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

acro-man

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on August 07, 2016, 09:29:19 AM
GOOD NEWS! For people who missed out on the campaign, Saurian is available for pre-order via BackerKit! Backerkit also accepts paypal. 
Link to the Saurian BackerKit storefront: https://saurian.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

very appealing.
now a more realistic issue would be where to buy a new PC..
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

New image: (doesn't show name of dinosaur) New playable dinosaur votes for Herbivore.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Can you explain that a little more? Is this an official pie chart? Do the colors represent various herbivores, or do they represent herbivore-carnivore-omnivore?

Flaffy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 06, 2016, 05:28:13 PM
Can you explain that a little more? Is this an official pie chart? Do the colors represent various herbivores, or do they represent herbivore-carnivore-omnivore?
Herbivore official pie chart. But the names of the winners are yet to be revealed. The devs stated that the results should be announced tomorrow or the day after.

CyborgDino

Flaffy

A little disappointed that anatosaurus didn't win... I thought it had it in the bag.
Ankylosaurus is not a bad choice, but it is just in too many dinosaur games already, with it's armour and tail club. The only thing that differs Saurian's ankylosaurus to other game depictions is that it's accurate, it is vulnerable at birth and it eats specific plants.
Anatosaurus on the other hand, has a feature rarely (of even never) depicted in games, actual herds and social dynamics. I would've loved to play as the largest creature in Hell Creek. :'(

CarnegieCollector

Ok, I know I'm getting very ahead of myself, but I think it'd be awesome if there would be sequels to saurian that took place in different places.  E.g, gobi desert (Velociraptor, tarbosaurus, oviraptor, protoceratops), Egypt (Spinosaurus, paralititan, Carcharodontosaurus, Ouranosaurus), or Argentina (Argentinasaurus, Giganotosaurus, unenlagia, scorpiovenator). Just a thought  ^-^
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Flaffy

These have been suggested many times before to the Saurian devs.
The Kem-Kem formation will not be an option as it is too poorly known to be suitable for a Saurian-like game.

DinoLord

I too hope to see sequel games if all goes well with this one. If it is very successful then hopefully this will help the developers get more funding and talent to work on sequels. Personally I'd love to see the Morrison Formation featured. I think the developers has the Two Medicine Formation as a stretch goal on the KS but it didn't reach that level.

spinosaurus1

hopefully we get an anatosaurus dlc sometime down the games release

Quote from: DinoLord on September 11, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
I too hope to see sequel games if all goes well with this one. If it is very successful then hopefully this will help the developers get more funding and talent to work on sequels. Personally I'd love to see the Morrison Formation featured. I think the developers has the Two Medicine Formation as a stretch goal on the KS but it didn't reach that level.

Should we get a sequel, I think the Two Medicine Formation is probably the most likely option since it was mentioned in the Kickstarter. Development would be a little easier since the fauna is fairly similar to Hell Creek, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd only need to reskin everything. The Morrison formation would be my next choice too, though I'm not sure how they would make it playable with such divergently sized creatures as Othnielosaurus and Brachiosaurus. I would imagine the very largest dinosaurs would be strictly NPC only. Kaatedocus might be small enough to be playable.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 12, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Should we get a sequel, I think the Two Medicine Formation is probably the most likely option since it was mentioned in the Kickstarter. Development would be a little easier since the fauna is fairly similar to Hell Creek, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd only need to reskin everything. The Morrison formation would be my next choice too, though I'm not sure how they would make it playable with such divergently sized creatures as Othnielosaurus and Brachiosaurus. I would imagine the very largest dinosaurs would be strictly NPC only. Kaatedocus might be small enough to be playable.

I can imagine four possible playables being Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Camptosaurus. Having the very biggest sauropods as NPC only actually sounds like a pretty good idea. You'd never feel like an unconquerable badass when something can end you by not looking where it's going.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 12, 2016, 06:51:24 AM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 12, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

I can imagine four possible playables being Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Camptosaurus. Having the very biggest sauropods as NPC only actually sounds like a pretty good idea. You'd never feel like an unconquerable badass when something can end you by not looking where it's going.
This is exactly why I'm so glad annectens (*cough* avoiding controversy *cough*) didn't win. You would eventually become virtually invulnerable.

Flaffy

That makes me feel a little bit better from the shock of anatosaurus not winning...
(the salt is real)

spinosaurus1

i would have to respectfully disagree with that. hadrosaurs are not slow, lumbering and only limited to few game mechanics like what sauropods could be like. annectens was an animal that rarely gets represented and in all honestly would of been a good playable in the game. playing as ankylosaurus would be more similar to the supposed sauropod gameplay then annectens. starting off small and completely dependent on the parents, grow up and learn social dynamics, rise your way to the lead the herd, alert the whole herd of oncoming threats and either react to them as one big massive force or fleeing on the spot and reap the benefits or consequences of such actions. pile this on with sexual displays, possible territorial dominance, and with the end result and satisfaction on working your way up to becoming the largest animal in the hell creek ecosystem sounds like an amazing immersive experiences. compare this to ankylosaurus which while i'm highly simplifying it in this statement it still holds ground to it's highlighted mechanics, it's purpose is essentially walk, eat, sleep, and defend yourself from the occasional predator. annectens can provide all that and more

i mean no hate to the ankylosaur and i have trust that saurian will be able to pull off a great player experience with it, but with all intents and purposes, it's near identical to what is being described for hypothetical sauropod gameplay and is in fact mirrored by that logic in the isle. as a common gamer in the isle. ankylosaurus gameplay just isn't that great compared to shantungasaurus. i can say that playing as the shatungasaurus is a very fun experience and is magnified tenfold once you actually have a herd going on with you. this is the isle, mind you. saurian is bound to magnify the diversity of both creatures actions to a greater degree. ankylosaurus gameplay would be way more enjoyble here then with the isle and would be an enjoyable experience overall, but imo annectens would of provided the superior gameplay.

that plus the fact that i don't think annectens won't be invulnerable at it's max size. a large enough tyrannosaurus is still a threat that can potentially mortally wound you. predatory animals targeting larger prey items is not an uncommon occurrence and theres nothing i can see from annectens makes it invulnerable to a well place bite to the neck by tyrannosaurus jaws, which is why it's up to you and how you play to not let that situation happen :)

I'm sad Anatosaurus didn't make it as well, it seems like the herd dynamics would've made for much more interesting gameplay than Ankylosaurus, although I don't know why people are saying it will be the same as Triceratops. Seems like wildly different playstyles to me.

I don't think a single tyrannosaur would attack a max size Anatosaurus, but a pair of nesting mates looking to fatten up before settling into egg-watching duty might. ;)

spinosaurus1

i agree. i was completely looking forward to herd dynamics. well, lets hope the dev team would have the income and the willingness to allow a dlc release with anatosaurus being the added playable once the game is finished, reviewed and released for all to play. i think ankylosaurus will be fun to play, and it's play style will be unique to it in its own way. it will be noticeably different the triceratops gameplay

i wouldn't be so sure about claiming that a single tyrannosaurus wouldn't take on a max size ennectens. doesn't matter it the animal is 8 meters or 15 meters, if a large enough tyrannosaurus gets it's jaws on the right place, your gonna have a bad time. predators killing prey items larger then they are is not out of the norm and tyrannosaurus had the weaponry to pull it off .with the powerful jaws and wide gape. just extremely uncommon and would likely rarely happen due to various factors such as intimidation, easier targets, etc, but animals can and had taken risks before. this of course is just my opinion. a pair would have a much greater chance of bringing one down of such size and again negates the idea of a 15 meter ennectens being invulnerable.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: