News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnosaur's Dinosaur art

Started by Carnosaur, December 07, 2013, 06:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

These are great, wonderful use of light. And there's that Carnage Protoceratops mentioned recently in the eBay thread :) looks good!

Blade-of-the-Moon

More Allosaurus ! yay ! lol

Again, nice shots, articulated figures like the raptors there work really well for different scenes.  Have you thought about trying any stop motion scenes with them ?   I was thinking it would be cool to do with the WWD Gorgon figure.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Jetoar

Wonderful again  ^-^. Allosaurus are cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnosaur

I have to admit I really love doing these.
A friend who is a photographer gave me the idea last summer. :)

Dimetrodon By Tyco.

Ultrasaurus & Allosaurus.

Postosuchus_vs_Plateosaurus

ZoPteryx

I really like the second-to-last one!  And that tree the Plateosaurus is browsing from, that's and aquarium decoration isn't it? ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

wow..i never thought the playskool Ultrasaurus would wind up here !  My favorite big sauropod as a kid !

Awesome work with the Triassic dio !

Jetoar

A couple of Allosaurus again  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on December 22, 2013, 12:43:11 PM

Allosaurs are always around ! lol

I just noticed the light through the one Tyco Dimetrodon's eyes kinda makes him look possessed...and the other one seems a bit worried.  :))

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2013, 04:15:13 PM

I just noticed the light through the one Tyco Dimetrodon's eyes kinda makes him look possessed...and the other one seems a bit worried.  :))
Rofl, he is hungry for blood  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2013, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2013, 04:15:13 PM

Rofl, he is hungry for blood  >:D

I think we need an prehistoric exorcist ! lol

Carnosaur

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 22, 2013, 03:22:04 AM
I really like the second-to-last one!  And that tree the Plateosaurus is browsing from, that's and aquarium decoration isn't it? ;)

Yep it is.
I've found that in some cases aquarium decorations help achieve the look i want even in a natural setting. :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Carnosaur

For anyone who might be interested, I have created a FaceBook group for dinosaur toy photography.
you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/217092875144407/

I'd love to have some of you guys posting your artistic photography there. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Jetoar

Blade-of-the-Moon

I joined up last night,  feel free to..it's pretty cool !

Carnosaur

I was just doing a little research on the Sega dinosaur kings toys when i ran across this:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2010/08/03/tyrannosaurus-the-great-dinosaur-by-sega/

I was a bit surprised because i recognized the sculpt right away as that of a old T-Rex figure i own.
I'm not sure but i think mine predates the Sega version by quite a few years. Maybe the Sega figure is a repaint?

tyrantqueen

Yes, the SEGA rexes were released in 3 different paintjobs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: