News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Thanks, price was about £120, plus shipping (£20) and custom fees (£40 ::)).

Invicta Hunter

That's a good bit of cash but still it will be well worth it when it's all put together and painted.
Are you looking to collect all the Dinoland models?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 12, 2014, 01:45:13 AM
That's a good bit of cash but still it will be well worth it when it's all put together and painted.
Are you looking to collect all the Dinoland models?
Not really, just the 1/20 ones mostly. I don't think I would be able to collect the whole series even if I wanted to do so. There are some ones which seem to be almost impossible to find, even in Japan.

Here's a gallery of the line (thanks to Dan LoRusso) where you can see some of the more obscure models:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177835332367475.1073741837.166381366846205&type=3

Invicta Hunter

I've never seen some of those, thanks for the link.

postsaurischian

Wow :)! Congratulations on the striving T. rex!
I like it much better than the standing model.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 13, 2014, 09:52:31 AM
Wow :)! Congratulations on the striving T. rex!
I like it much better than the standing model.
Thanks, it definitely has a lot of character :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm a big fan of both, the bellowing Rex I used to see on different artists tables when I was growing up..Dinamation, James Gurney, Don Glut to name a few...made me really want one.  Just managed to get one this year..lol  Now I do need to find the striding Rex as well...though I've no idea where I'd put it right now..lol

tyrantqueen

Archaeoceratops in frosted ultra detail, approximately 1/10 scale. The original file had quills but they were too fragile to print.

Dapedius sp in frosted ultra detail again. I can't remember the scale but it's about 2 inches from mouth to tail.

Disclaimer: I didn't create the 3d models used to make these. They're property of an artist called Dinoraul. I purchased the files myself from his Renderosity marketplace. They are not for sale on Shapeways.com so I'm not making money off these prints.

Thanks to shiftdel for helping me figure out how to get them printed. More coming soon...;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteI'm a big fan of both, the bellowing Rex I used to see on different artists tables when I was growing up..Dinamation, James Gurney, Don Glut to name a few...made me really want one.  Just managed to get one this year..lol  Now I do need to find the striding Rex as well...though I've no idea where I'd put it right now..lol
I forgot to mention, if you're interested in the "striding" rex there's another one for sale on Yahoo Japan right now, in mint condition with box and instructions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 21, 2014, 01:16:56 PM
QuoteI'm a big fan of both, the bellowing Rex I used to see on different artists tables when I was growing up..Dinamation, James Gurney, Don Glut to name a few...made me really want one.  Just managed to get one this year..lol  Now I do need to find the striding Rex as well...though I've no idea where I'd put it right now..lol
I forgot to mention, if you're interested in the "striding" rex there's another one for sale on Yahoo Japan right now, in mint condition with box and instructions.

Cool. I just saw it. 150.00 isn't terrible..but then all the fees and such on top of it...shame I have no " eek " emoticon or smiley..lol

Thanks for the head's up !

tyrantqueen

Hesperornis...about 1/20 scale, in FUD.

Here's the original 3D file: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hesperornisdr/86647/

tyrantqueen

I got my Kaiyodo 1/20 Allosaurus today. I won it from YAJ for £11.41, so I'm happy.

Just for fun >:D

He'll knock anything down that's not tied down...typical :)

DinoLord

Nice acquisition. I've often considered buying this one but the straight legs are kind of offputting.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

I agree the legs are a bit odd..I'm guessing it was a balance issue originally...but the models themselves are very well detailed..I actually have three of the Allosaurus myself...I know who would have thought right? lol

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys. I had been meaning to pick up this release for a while but I never got around to it until now. It was going for such a good price that I went for it. I like the new teeth on this one a lot better than the weird "baleen" teeth of its predecessor.

tyrantqueen

Psittacosaurus, in frosted ultra detail. Original listing is here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/psittacosaurusdr/78910/

I can't remember the scale I printed it in but it's 4 inches from nose to tail. He doesn't have tail quills but I will sculpt those on myself with epoxy.

Maybe I'll print some of the juvenile too to make a family unit :)

Also, on an unrelated note: UK forever. I'm off to celebrate. That was nerve wracking :-[

amargasaurus cazaui

I would assume that the site sells digital models, and you purchased the file, which allows you to go to shapeways and then print those models. I can surmise that the juvenile files are also included in your main file you purchased then? Are you able to just download the file, proceed to shapeways and use it or is there other software needed. I would be interested in learning more how to make this happen and perhaps acquire a model or three for myself similar to yours. Quite a unique piece TQ, very well done, congratulations.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Manatee

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 19, 2014, 08:04:59 AM
I would assume that the site sells digital models, and you purchased the file, which allows you to go to shapeways and then print those models. I can surmise that the juvenile files are also included in your main file you purchased then? Are you able to just download the file, proceed to shapeways and use it or is there other software needed. I would be interested in learning more how to make this happen and perhaps acquire a model or three for myself similar to yours. Quite a unique piece TQ, very well done, congratulations.

I am also interested in knowing how this is done... there are a few Dinoraul renders that I would be interested in printing myself.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 19, 2014, 08:04:59 AM
Yes, you're correct. I purchased the 3D file from Dinoraul's own listing. I exported the 3d files from Daz 3D and repaired and resized them with Netfabb basic. After that I uploaded it to Shapeways and they printed it for me. It wasn't hard but you have to understand the software and what you're doing.

QuoteI am also interested in knowing how this is done... there are a few Dinoraul renders that I would be interested in printing myself.
I should probably point out a few caveats. I have been only printing models that are small in size because I have not yet figured out how to hollow the models out to reduce printing costs. Also, many of these models were not designed specifically for 3D printing so some of the details that you see in the render don't make it to the final print. These are things like spines, teeth etc. I'm trying to learn some 3D basics so I could enlarge these details myself for better printing.

It's been an interesting process.

amargasaurus cazaui

Am very interested in either one or both of the adults in the first image, and in image 3 both Juveniles....I think your printed version looks rather nice actually. Let me know what you think...I would consider chipping in for the cost of the file you purchased if that helps.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: