News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Blog - questions and suggestions

Started by tyrantqueen, March 31, 2012, 05:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2012, 05:41:04 PM
Thanks! I think I'd be uncomfortable if you didn't proof read it.  ;D

And Tylosaurus, you know about tylosauruses right...? XD
I hope i do haha xD 8) I'll help you as much as I can, you know that Rexie :P

DinoToyForum

This topic came up again in the 'new blog entries' thread, so I'm quoting and responding here, to avoid taking that thread off topic.

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 24, 2012, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: Horridus on November 24, 2012, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on November 24, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
Are you sure it will be worth the trouble? We know how that one will run: an entire post of tirade.  :P ;D
A dangerous precedent has been set. :P

Don't get me wrong: I'm not bothered that someone else has reviewed the same figure, just that I could have been reviewing figures that other people have already done. Especially the ones where my opinion happens to differ. A great deal.

I understand you Marc. I did some guest reviews and some figures I chose to talk about were already on the blog, so I changed my review subject. But thinking twice I guess it's not a good idea to review a figure that has got a review on the blog. There's so much figures to review and if people start repeating figures we will never have a complete database. I know it is hard to review all models from all companies, maybe even impossible, but hey, we gotta try, don't we?

I'll be honest, I didn't check whether the Triceratops statue had been reviewed before. The reviewer said it hadn't been reviewed yet and I took his word for it. Of course Marc reviewed it before, I sort of posted it without thinking. Anyway, no harm done on this occasion. I think though, in general, if there's an existing review and it is thorough, then there's no need to review it again. That said, if someone has a new perspective or some novel observations on an already reviewed figure, it doesn't hurt to have multiple reviews. Some of the old reviews are barely reviews at all, so they're all fair game.

Horridus

So you might have slipped up a bit, and we should carry on as usual? Got it.
The Invicta Megalosaurus is fair game, then. Bagsies!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Simon

Hi and sorry I caused trouble!  I spent 10 minutes searching for a Kinto #2 Triceratops review using all the relevant keywords, and kept getting 2 reviews per page until it looked like the Triceratops were exhausted.  That's why I said it hadn't been done before.  Truth is I just didn't find the original review and I apologize.

DinoToyForum

No problem Simon :) There are 23 Triceratops figure reviews, no wonder you couldn't find it ;)

The contents page is the best place to look for existing reviews - all of them are ordered alphabetically by genus name.

Horridus

Quote from: Simon on November 25, 2012, 04:23:39 AM
Hi and sorry I caused trouble!  I spent 10 minutes searching for a Kinto #2 Triceratops review
It's no trouble!
However, you might have found it if you looked under 'Favorite' reviews - the company's called Favorite now, it hasn't been called 'Kinto' for years.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoToyForum

Is the star-rating system on the blog working for everyone now?

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 25, 2012, 10:39:14 PM
Is the star-rating system on the blog working for everyone now?
:)  It wasn't working earlier.  I'll have to go check and see.

stoneage

::)  The stars don't appear on the most recent blogs written.  I can still vote on the old blogs.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on November 26, 2012, 01:30:48 AM
::)  The stars don't appear on the most recent blogs written.  I can still vote on the old blogs.

How odd. They still work for me. I wonder what the problem is... :-\

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 26, 2012, 06:53:08 PM

It's working now, but it wasn't last night.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on November 26, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 26, 2012, 06:53:08 PM

It's working now, but it wasn't last night.

It could just be in a temperamental mood  >:D

brontodocus

Hmmm, it's still odd for me ??? - I do see the stars above the new Yowies Allosaurus review. But I still don't see those above the preceding reviews: Feathered Tyrannosaurus desktop model by Favorite, Triceratops version 2 desktop model by Favorite, T-A.R.T.S Zhuchengtyrannus, T-A.R.T.S Tyrannosaurus, and Larami Tyrannosaurus. Oh, wait, when I check I even see that the stars of some of the reviews older than Stefan's unknown ornithomimid (for which I can see them) are missing, too... :-\

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on November 26, 2012, 09:14:39 PM
Hmmm, it's still odd for me ??? - I do see the stars above the new Yowies Allosaurus review. But I still don't see those above the preceding reviews: Feathered Tyrannosaurus desktop model by Favorite, Triceratops version 2 desktop model by Favorite, T-A.R.T.S Zhuchengtyrannus, T-A.R.T.S Tyrannosaurus, and Larami Tyrannosaurus. Oh, wait, when I check I even see that the stars of some of the reviews older than Stefan's unknown ornithomimid (for which I can see them) are missing, too... :-\

It's very odd. They appear at random for me, too. One day, they'll be there, but not the next.  :-\

DinoToyForum

It's difficult for me to resolve this one because of the apparent sporadic nature of the problem, and also because I'm not encountering it myself. I wonder if it's a hangover from the recent database issues, perhaps your browsers are accessing cached versions of the site from before the upgrade. Anyway, I'll give it some thought and see if I can find a fix...

tyrantqueen

I don't know if it is appropriate to ask this, but who is that Manuel guy who always writes in Spanish on the blog reviews? I am not asking to be mean or anything, just wondering why it's always there :-\ Is he a member of the forum, too?

DinoToyForum

I don't know, I don't mind the occasional comment in a different language anyway.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.