News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 1 - 4

Started by docronnie, April 07, 2014, 06:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Nice collection, I don't collect them myself but I do have a variation of the T. rex, not too different from the one you posted.

docronnie

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 15, 2015, 06:37:47 PM
got a few of these...I wish I could get the carnotaurus and some of the rarer ones but they are hard to find or too pricey now...

They are so tiny and rubbery, that I find it expensive to shell out P10 or more for them. Most of them I got for P5 and as freebies. The most expensive that I got was a sealed Amargasaurus for P20.

There were many others that I let go, because I was not willing to pay the pricey tag.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on July 15, 2015, 11:54:43 PM
Nice collection, I don't collect them myself but I do have a variation of the T. rex, not too different from the one you posted.

Thanks! Maybe you could share a photo of your T. rex.

terrorchicken

Quote from: docronnie on July 16, 2015, 03:18:57 PM
got a few of these...I wish I could get the carnotaurus and some of the rarer ones but they are hard to find or too pricey now...

They are so tiny and rubbery, that I find it expensive to shell out P10 or more for them. Most of them I got for P5 and as freebies. The most expensive that I got was a sealed Amargasaurus for P20.

There were many others that I let go, because I was not willing to pay the pricey tag.

yeah for the same price you can get nicer sculpted Kaiyodos or other figures. I was able to get some MIC a few years ago when a lot of the more common series 1 sets were available on ebay uk but they seem to be really scarce now.
I have the green carcharodontosaurus
blue/grey suchomimus (looks totally different from yours)
blue ceratosaurus
blue yellow sauralophus
pink/purple maiasaurus
green styracosaurus
green anchiceratops
green saltasaurus
brown ankylosaurus
yellow/purple saichania

basically most of the sereis 1 figures...

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on July 16, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 15, 2015, 11:54:43 PM

Thanks! Maybe you could share a photo of your T. rex.

Will do!

docronnie

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 16, 2015, 08:55:31 PM
Quote from: docronnie on July 16, 2015, 03:18:57 PM

yeah for the same price you can get nicer sculpted Kaiyodos or other figures. I was able to get some MIC a few years ago when a lot of the more common series 1 sets were available on ebay uk but they seem to be really scarce now.
I have the green carcharodontosaurus
blue/grey suchomimus (looks totally different from yours)
blue ceratosaurus
blue yellow sauralophus
pink/purple maiasaurus
green styracosaurus
green anchiceratops
green saltasaurus
brown ankylosaurus
yellow/purple saichania

basically most of the sereis 1 figures...

I think you're referring to a different line, the Playmates line?.  This line is a Bandai- Sega line, only available in Japan.  They have no brown bases, but some has support bases of some sort.  They are specifically identified per series through their serial numbers marked on them.  This line does not have the following figures you mentioned: anchiceratops, saltasaurus, ankylosaurus, ceratosaurus, saurolophus and maisaurus.  I believe you can see your line on the topic, SEGA Dinoking figures :  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=694.0

terrorchicken

huh, I didnt know about those other kinds... the ones I have are with brown bases and some of the carded sets came with these anime character figures. Ive seen the large posable ones too but hadnt seen the rest. I really like the keychain ones.

I thought the ones you posted pics of in this thread were like the ones I had but you removed the bases, lol.

docronnie

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 3 Tyrannosaurus - Dec. 2007

Some of the Chibis:

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 1 Chibi  Tyrannosaurus - April 2007

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 1 Chibi  Triceratops - April 2007

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 2 Chibi Carnotaurus - August 2007

docronnie

Finally complete:

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 2 Tyrannosaurus - August 2007 by docronnie, on Flickr

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 4 Stegosaurus - April 2008 by docronnie, on Flickr

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 4 Tyrannosaurus transparent - April 2008 by docronnie, on Flickr

But Joe does not want to include this collection on his Dinosauriana.  He thinks this is the same as the one released in Europe by Playmates, but it's not. Well ... I hope this topic helps those who collect this line.

TFR! :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Docronnie, your red/yellow Suchomimus is actually the Baryonyx, seen in episode 32. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

docronnie

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 23, 2016, 06:15:02 PM
Docronnie, your red/yellow Suchomimus is actually the Baryonyx, seen in episode 32. ;)

Thanks for the correction! :-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.