News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tedco Prehistoric Panorama: Back from the dead?

Started by Chad, April 07, 2014, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Apologies if everyone knows about this already but recently, as a shot in the dark, I went to Tedco's website to see if they had any figures like the Prehistoric Panorama figures they used to produce and are impossible to find these days. It turns out that they do see to sell those figures again except now they sell them in blind bags with 4 figures in each bag and they only reproduced 24 of the original 36 figures. These are the ones I was able to pick up last week:

Cambrian animals

Early Reptiles

Mammals

Sea Cretures

They also have a pterosaur and dinosaur group which I don't have yet.

Here's the link for the site if anyone is interested: http://www.tedcotoys.com/p/prehistoric-life/dino-collection-test-tube-dinosaurs?pp=24

Regards

--Chad

SBell

Are they single piece? Or are they in multiple pieces like the originals? The pictures seem to indicate seams, but it's hard to tell.

Shame that they only did 2/3 of the full set. If they'd just left out the dinos (the weakest of the 6 sets) they could have kept the far more interesting ones like the Desmatosuchus, Scutosaurus, Sanctacaris, Ichthyosaur and Dunkleosteus (see, almost 6 right there!  >:D).

Leaving out the Paraceratherium and Smilodon weren't huge losses. The trilobite, I could go either way.

Chad

Quote from: SBell on April 08, 2014, 01:06:54 AM
Are they single piece? Or are they in multiple pieces like the originals? The pictures seem to indicate seams, but it's hard to tell.

Shame that they only did 2/3 of the full set. If they'd just left out the dinos (the weakest of the 6 sets) they could have kept the far more interesting ones like the Desmatosuchus, Scutosaurus, Sanctacaris, Ichthyosaur and Dunkleosteus (see, almost 6 right there!  >:D).

Leaving out the Paraceratherium and Smilodon weren't huge losses. The trilobite, I could go either way.

They come in multiple pieces that you put together like Yowies or Dinotales. I don't own the originals so I can't say if they are exactly the same that way. They sure LOOK like the originals in coloring. Yeah, I wish they had just reproduced all 36 and I can only guess how they decided what to keep and what to cut. No aysheia is the one that makes me hurt a little inside, but at least they kept the pikaia and pterodaustro.

KaraWildsong42

These are amazing! I'm interested in getting some figures to represent the Cambrian Explosion, so thank you so much for sharing the link!
You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

crankydinosaur

there was a sanctacaris???

SBell

Quote from: crankydinosaur on April 08, 2014, 02:47:28 AM

there was a sanctacaris???

Duh. It was Aysheia. Sanctacaris is in the Safari toob.

Roselaar

Very interesting! Is there any other way but the Tedco site to get these figures? From what I understand from their site, you're not guaranteed to get all six sets if you buy six blind bags...

DinoToyForum

I'm still chasing the ichthyosaur figure but it doesn't look like it is part of this rerelease. Never mind...

CityRaptor

Given that Dinosaurs are usually the best sellers among prehistoric animals, them leaving them in is no surprise.

The true question is why they left the others out. Mold degeneration? Loss of molds?

Also, their reptile set is rather odd, consisting of two amphibians and two synapsids.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Chad

Quote from: Roselaar on April 08, 2014, 11:08:18 PM
Very interesting! Is there any other way but the Tedco site to get these figures? From what I understand from their site, you're not guaranteed to get all six sets if you buy six blind bags...

I don't know of any other way--I haven't even seen these on ebay or Amazon. Tedco seems content to keep their existence a secret! Since they come in blind bags I'm sure people here at the forum will be getting duplicates as they try to complete the set. It may not be a bad idea to set up some kind of thread so people can trade with each other.

Roselaar

Let's see whether they accept PayPal and ship worldwide first...

DC

Tedco has been showing the Cog Panorama figures at Toy Fair for 2 years.  The are packed in mylar bags now.   Also had the smaller Cog match box figures in bags.  It was not clear what the shipping schedule was, but the are back.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Chad

Quote from: Roselaar on April 09, 2014, 03:09:35 PM
Let's see whether they accept PayPal and ship worldwide first...

They do and they do!

Megalosaurus

OMG!!!
I hope Play Visions do the same thing with its prehistorics.  :o
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Chad

Some good news on these. I ordered 6 packs to make sure I got the pterosaur set and what I've discovered is that the good people of Tedco make sure you receive a different set in every pack you buy when you buy more than one. So I was able to complete the set by purchasing just the 6 packs. That should make things much easier.

More importantly...I have the pterodaustro! Mission complete!

SBell

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 09, 2014, 11:25:17 PM
OMG!!!
I hope Play Visions do the same thing with its prehistorics.  :o
They're. ..not even close to relevant. Play Visions discontinued their figures because they were tired of being bootlegged. And now they aren't interesting at all. Tedco had to stop the Panorama line because of testing requirements. About 10 years after PV stopped making interesting things.

Roselaar

Quote from: Chad on April 11, 2014, 03:25:31 PM
So I was able to complete the set by purchasing just the 6 packs. That should make things much easier.

If they do the same for me, that would be terrific!

Hermes888

Could someone post a list of every set they're selling along with the creatures inside each set? I'd be interested to know everything that's possible to get.
Also, how big are they? And which ones aren't being sold anymore?

Roselaar

Apparently they don't ship worldwide after all. When I try to register, the only countries it shows are the US and Canada. It says that 'if your country isn't listed, we cannot accept your order'. Sucks for me... better keep an eye out on eBay for these after all. ::)

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2014, 05:27:29 PM
Apparently they don't ship worldwide after all. When I try to register, the only countries it shows are the US and Canada. It says that 'if your country isn't listed, we cannot accept your order'. Sucks for me... better keep an eye out on eBay for these after all. ::)

I'm sure people will be over-charging on ebay soon enough. There were several of those people the first time the line came out (and even those eventually sold after they were discontinued).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: