News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs Ornithocheirus for sale

Started by DinoToyForum, April 08, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Here is the individual who was offering the Ornithocheirus but never provided any photos: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rexrap/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= His name is rexrap and he is from the UK

So, no, they're not the same.

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 09, 2014, 03:48:55 AM
Just a question, but since Bucketfoot was apparently banned from the forum, what if this supposed "clown" happens to be one and the same? That would seem to at least be possible.....and might explain alot.

No, the troller has been in and out for a long time.

DinoToyForum

Just a question, but since Bucketfoot was apparently banned from the forum, what if this supposed "clown" happens to be one and the same? That would seem to at least be possible.....and might explain alot.

Forum member Simon, who has responded to this thread, is Bucketfoot.

Simon

*EGAD*  I've been unmasked. 

And a full 5 years after I retired that character, too.  O:-)

OK Adam - just one question - who ratted me out?  *LOL*   :o :o :o

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 09, 2014, 08:01:13 AM

Forum member Simon, who has responded to this thread, is Bucketfoot.
If he was banned the first time around, why was he allowed back?

Quote*EGAD*  I've been unmasked.
And you would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for us meddling kids >:D

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 09, 2014, 08:11:23 AM
If he was banned the first time around, why was he allowed back?

Well, ummm ... if you want to get technical about it ... I really just "snuck back" in through the back alley door into the theater ... and have lived the past 4 years as a "model citizen"...

In any event, I enjoy reading and occasionally participating in the forum.  As y'all can see I have moved on with my hobbies (ie I am no longer collecting dino figures), but I still enjoy paleontology.

About that other "character" from 5 years back, I am afraid that - like the Toyway Ornithocerias - he was long ago retired. 

tyrantqueen

So all of you guys who think you have a complete WWD Toyway set are actually wrong...your collection will never be complete until you get the Ornithocheirus. Only a chosen few can achieve this goal... >:D

Roselaar

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 08:07:29 AM
*EGAD*  I've been unmasked. 

But if you're the one selling the Ornithocheirus, what's with your comments about your own 'insane' price in your first few posts here? Are you seriously trying to sell this figure, or just seeing how much you could get for it?

It doesn't matter for me anyway, I'm out of this race. But I can imagine other forum members who would be able/willing to spare enough dough consider this a sinister situation.

Simon

Roselaar - Its actually quite simple, nothing sinister about it at all. 

First off, when this auction was posted, my identity as the seller was unknown to anyone around here but - well, I guess the Admin.  (The late Chris Knaak was one person who knew who I was from the beginning - I really enjoyed my private conversations with him - I really do miss his input on the DTF).

I didn't start the thread about this auction, I just "chimed in" once it was started.

My earlier comments were made in that vein - you know, I was trying too hard to make sure that I did NOT appear to be the seller.  Obviously I am glad that people are talking about it because when you are selling something - especially something with such limited appeal, you want to "get the word out" to as many people as possible!

As far as the figure goes, yes its for sale, I am out of the dino figure collecting business (still interested in dinosaurs, mind you, just not in collecting toys.  I'm limiting myself to Malcolm's Faunacasts figures and some 1/30 resin models I am working on from time to time).'

About 5 years ago SBell predicted what he thought this figure would sell for if it went on sale.  If you can remember what he said, you'll know what I set the reserve at.   ;)

On another note, as of this morning there were 16 watchers. We will see if any of them are are brave enough to bid!

The best piece I am auctioning to me is not this little toy, but the gigantic Kaiyodo Dinoland Brachiosaurus that I customized heavily, but could never motivate myself to finish.  When you work on something on and off over 10 years, and can't finish it, that's a pretty good clue that you ought to give someone else a chance to do it

Chad

All I want to know is if Bucket-foot Al is an homage to the great Al Simmons.

Simon

YES!  YES! YES!

So glad someone knows who this underrated Hall of Famer is - at the time he was considered one of the 4 best hitters next to Ruth, Gehrig and Foxx.  1929 Al MVP and 1929-30 World Series winner and hero..  (He started the incredible 10-run inning that the A's had against the Cubs in Game 4 of the 1929 World Series with a homerun ... and hit an RBI Single the SECOND TIME he came up in the same inning!

I became a fan when I used to play a board game called "Strat-O-Matic Baseball" in the 1980s.  I loved playing the 1930 A's, and he was their best hitter that year, having an absolutely INSANE season - 165 RBIs in just 138 games!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/simmoal01.shtml

Chad

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
YES!  YES! YES!

So glad someone knows who this underrated Hall of Famer is - at the time he was considered one of the 4 best hitters next to Ruth, Gehrig and Foxx.  1929 Al MVP and 1929-30 World Series winner and hero..  (He started the incredible 10-run inning that the A's had against the Cubs in Game 4 of the 1929 World Series with a homerun ... and hit an RBI Single the SECOND TIME he came up in the same inning!

I became a fan when I used to play a board game called "Strat-O-Matic Baseball" in the 1980s.  I loved playing the 1930 A's, and he was their best hitter that year, having an absolutely INSANE season - 165 RBIs in just 138 games!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/simmoal01.shtml

Heh. I wasted a lot of time with strat-o-matic as a kid. I'm guessing, since your in Vacaville, you're an A's fan? I'm from Hayward myself so I was going to the Coliseum as soon as I could walk. But we digress... so, dinosaurs!

Simon

Quote from: Chad on April 09, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

Heh. I wasted a lot of time with strat-o-matic as a kid. I'm guessing, since your in Vacaville, you're an A's fan? I'm from Hayward myself so I was going to the Coliseum as soon as I could walk. But we digress... so, dinosaurs!

Lord no!!  I grew up in NYC and have been a NY YANKEE FAN since 1976!  Reggie and Thurman both went deep in the first game I ever attended at Yankee Stadium - against the Red Sox in September 1977.

But I LOVE the 1929 As.  Thanks to Strat I feel like I know all of the players - certainly know how they played.  Simmons is my second favorite player - after Babe Ruth, of course, and Lefty Grove was the best pitcher of all time, in my opinion.

Chad

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 04:58:42 PM
Quote from: Chad on April 09, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

Lord no!!  I grew up in NYC and have been a NY YANKEE FAN since 1976!  Reggie and Thurman both went deep in the first game I ever attended at Yankee Stadium - against the Red Sox in September 1977.

But I LOVE the 1929 As.  Thanks to Strat I feel like I know all of the players - certainly know how they played.  Simmons is my second favorite player - after Babe Ruth, of course, and Lefty Grove was the best pitcher of all time, in my opinion.

Yankee fan? Bah. I'm not bidding on any more of your auctions.

(I kid of course.) That 29 A's team might be the best ever. They were the only team that could give those Ruth/Gehrig Yankees a fight.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM
First off, when this auction was posted, my identity as the seller was unknown to anyone around here but - well, I guess the Admin.  (The late Chris Knaak was one person who knew who I was from the beginning - I really enjoyed my private conversations with him - I really do miss his input on the DTF).

I knew who you were too! Haha, I found out when we dealt some models a while back, but I decided no to say anything because who knows what may happen. I don't really know exactly what was the reason you left the forum in the first place. I am one of the watchers in the auction, just a mere curious who wants to see how much it goes for. I wish I was rich right now haha.

thelordsgym

Wow, shocker to me....on the subject of Bucketfoot Al being Simon.....here we had a couple conversations and I never knew who you were..... :o Well glad to see you on here friend....still in shock though....

Gwangi

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 09, 2014, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

I knew who you were too! Haha, I found out when we dealt some models a while back, but I decided no to say anything because who knows what may happen. I don't really know exactly what was the reason you left the forum in the first place. I am one of the watchers in the auction, just a mere curious who wants to see how much it goes for. I wish I was rich right now haha.

Also a watcher, only because I'm curious.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Simon

Everybody is just taking a ringside seat instead of getting into the arena, eh?

You guys are killing me.  ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteEverybody is just taking a ringside seat instead of getting into the arena, eh?
Rubbernecking >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: