News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' sketches and concepts~

Started by fabricious, April 10, 2014, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

fabricious

Hey guys!

I am currently working on a private commission of another ornithopod, Brachylophosaurus canadensis, to be prepared for 3D-printing (exclusively for the client, sorry folks).
But since this is a good situation to talk about it: I am actually up for commissions regarding shapeways-ready models with sufficient amount of detail (a.k.a. not the amount of detail I'd add for illustration purposes). Also, you can contact me about custom poses for any of the existing models for a certain (small) fee for the process of posing and preparing for shapeways, that will then be available only for you to get them printed.

Here's the Brachylophosaurus:

Regards,
Fabrizio

fabricious

Also, here's a quick heads-up on things that have been happening lately:

Giraffatitan brancai
(a.k.a. Charlie) render test (initial try and error for future illustration rendering):

Daspletosaurus torosus in the making (full with lips and in the end: plumage):

And last, but definitely not least; one of my favorite dinosaurs, Baryonyx walkeri, base mesh in the making:

edu

I love your work, Fabricious. I'd really like to commission something from you. If FUD models were cheaper...
I have a question about your amazing Giraffatitan. Aren't the nostrils located too far back?

fabricious

Quote from: edu on November 23, 2015, 03:34:15 PM
I love your work, Fabricious. I'd really like to commission something from you. If FUD models were cheaper...
I have a question about your amazing Giraffatitan. Aren't the nostrils located too far back?

I went with an intermediate placement of the nostrils, since from my point of view it is still uncertain where they were located and the positioning of them on the tip of the nose is not very convincing to me, mainly because it would mean Sauropods are unique in having the nostrils far from the nasal opening in the skull. In my model they are located at the tip of the nose opening.
Thanks for the kind words! The FUD materials are really a bummer sometimes.

fabricious

For all those (like me) who like stegosaurs: Kentrosaurus aethiopicus.

In the making, of course.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

fabricious

fabricious

I haven't shown any of these, I think, but since I'm trying to participate in the DrawDinovember challenge over on facebook, I thought I'd share the most recent one, Suchomimus:

fabricious

And another something, that started today after a talk with Bruce Mohn, who is an amazing sculptor/artist (work like this: http://brantworks.com/resources/Skelmakers/Bruce_Mohn/Comsognathus-skeleton-Bruce-Mohn-2000.jpg ), he is currently my main source for anatomical questions and is helping me out a lot with issues in my work. So, after a bit of chatting, I started working on a life-size model of an Aquilops-skull. It's much harder than I initially thought (especially due to inconsistent reference images), but I am getting there.

This one will most likely become available on shapeways, but it's going to be a long way until then. I'll finish some other models first, I guess!

fabricious

Oh wow, it's been a while since I uploaded anything here. Sorry for the lack of updates! Holidays have been chaotic. So have some current things!

Here's a Centrosaurus apertus for a private client! The model will be more finely detailed at a later point and possibly painted and rigged for animating. We'll see!

Here's a bigger scene I've been working on, which will have some 3D-models placed where the grey shapes are now. The whole thing is supposed to be showing the Tendaguru-Formation in Africa! I hope to get this one printed for myself:

And one of my personal highlights: Turntable of Aquilops americanus skull. Already moved further with working on this guy, pretty hard without properly preserved specimens!

More updates soon, I hope!

A.Garcia

The head ornamentation on the Centrosaurus is quite nice- the front view is especially imposing. I'm looking forward to seeing how the digital scene turns out. The other in-progress models are interesting- I'm partial to stegosaurs so the Kentrosaurus is exciting.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I just ordered your 1:72 Maiasaura pair from Shapeways. They will be my first 3d-printed models. I can't wait to see them in person! :D

Kayakasaurus

Beautiful Centrosaurus! Looking very very good. That landscape is also looking great! Can't wait to see it finished.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

fabricious

Quote from: A.Garcia on December 26, 2015, 06:30:01 PM
The head ornamentation on the Centrosaurus is quite nice- the front view is especially imposing. I'm looking forward to seeing how the digital scene turns out. The other in-progress models are interesting- I'm partial to stegosaurs so the Kentrosaurus is exciting.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I just ordered your 1:72 Maiasaura pair from Shapeways. They will be my first 3d-printed models. I can't wait to see them in person! :D

Thanks a bunch! I really need to get going on the Kentrosaurus again, but I'm only slowly getting back into my usual workflow... lots of work to be done!

I hope you'll like the models, thanks for ordering! I ordered the standing one in WSF material myself, it came out rather nicely!

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on December 26, 2015, 08:37:00 PM
Beautiful Centrosaurus! Looking very very good. That landscape is also looking great! Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks! Can't wait to get it done myself, haha.

fabricious

For anyone interested: I will be livestreaming at 4 PM, GMT +1, today, working on the Kentrosaurus. :) This might be something I'll be doing more often!

https://picarto.tv/fabricious

amargasaurus cazaui

It is likely quite daunting attempting a reconstruct of aquilops, given the paucity of remains. You may wish to consider using the paper submitted for Arachaeoceratops, which would be arguably similar....just a thought.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

fabricious

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 30, 2015, 02:46:28 PM
It is likely quite daunting attempting a reconstruct of aquilops, given the paucity of remains. You may wish to consider using the paper submitted for Arachaeoceratops, which would be arguably similar....just a thought.

I am actually heavily relying on papers regarding closely related taxa, it is my best bet at creating that skull!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: fabricious on December 30, 2015, 04:55:57 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 30, 2015, 02:46:28 PM

I am actually heavily relying on papers regarding closely related taxa, it is my best bet at creating that skull!
If you need any help with specific species papers let me know, I can help, I do have most of those that I could find. Aracheoceratops, Udanoceratops, Aquilops, etc .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

fabricious

Thanks a bunch for the offer! I'll let you know should I need any!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: fabricious on December 30, 2015, 05:09:19 PM
Thanks a bunch for the offer! I'll let you know should I need any!
is the aquilops eventually destined to be a print model or just a work in passing?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: