You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Albertosaurus sarcophagus - new sculpture in progress

Started by fabricious, May 02, 2014, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yes! That really helped I think. :)

Very welcome !

fabricious

Getting the hang on those teeth as well:
:D

And the first arm is done:

Paleogene Pals

Much, much better!  And the head and body flow together now. The lips really made a difference!

fabricious

That's what it looks like right now (the nose looks much bulkier than it is here, due to the weird camera of my phone):

The lower jaw is in the oven (again!), might be the last piece for today. After that one is finished, there'll only be the left arm and leg, as well as the tip of the tail to be done. Due to the REALLY dynamic pose it will not stand on its own, so it will most likely need some kind of support underneath the belly. Slight inconvenience, but I think the pose will be worth it.

fabricious

That's what the overall sculpture looks like so far. I couldn't add the arm in this picture, since I am missing a hand for that many pieces...

I am really pleased so far. Tomorrow I might work some more on the tail, maybe.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Little hard to tell..but be sure your hand is correctly oriented .   I think this piece will show a lot of character. :)

Yutyrannus

Very cool so far! Can't wait to see the finished sculpt!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Paleogene Pals

Yeah, I noticed the hand position too, the palms should be facing each other, right? Anyway, I too want to see the final piece!

fabricious

Hey guys, the hands are actually facing each other, it just looks a bit weird from the side, due to the elbow being turned outwards slightly. Here are two pictures from different angles:

(You can see Jackson, the second cast of my Pachyrhinosaurus, lurking in the background, hehe)

Greetings,
Fabrizio

SpittersForEver

fabricious

Thanks! :) I hope I can finish him this weekend (a.k.a. tomorrow, since I have other things to do today), so I can start ordering the materials for molding.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: fabricious on May 10, 2014, 09:35:54 AM
Thanks! :) I hope I can finish him this weekend (a.k.a. tomorrow, since I have other things to do today), so I can start ordering the materials for molding.

Can't wait to see it fully completed!  :)

Paleogene Pals

Well, put an order in for me! It would be a good companion piece to my Gorgosaurus liberatus from David Krentz. You did really well!  ;D

fabricious

I shall do that! ;) PM me if you'd like to be my 'guinea pig' for this model, I'll keep you guys updated on the molding and casting process as well (of course)!

Greetings,
Fabrizio

Paleogene Pals

fabricious

Alright, we're about to finish 'Albert'! His second leg is currently in the oven, after that I will only have to fill in some gaps and do some refining. Molding and casting materials will be ordered today and I'll hopefully be able to have the first set ready within the next ten days!

The kit will be containing eight pieces. I am pretty pleased with that and the way the whole model turned out. A lot of things I will do differently with the next one, but I learned quite a lot along the way.

Greetings,
Fabrizio

SpittersForEver

Blade-of-the-Moon

The toes are really cool !  I mean the whole thing is of course..but I know how difficult they can be...fingers too for that matter.

fabricious

Thanks guys! I definitely agree, those were hard to get right. The claws broke during the baking process (a couple of times, actually), so I'll be happy once I have a proper mold and don't have to worry about them any more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: fabricious on May 12, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
Thanks guys! I definitely agree, those were hard to get right. The claws broke during the baking process (a couple of times, actually), so I'll be happy once I have a proper mold and don't have to worry about them any more.

I'll cross my claws you have no casting issues bud !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: