News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Started by alexeratops, May 19, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 01:55:52 PM
Quote from: docronnie on July 04, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:58:51 AM
Quote from: docronnie on July 04, 2014, 01:04:16 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2014, 09:24:01 PM
Quote from: docronnie on July 03, 2014, 05:32:16 PM
The theory that aliens wiped all the dinos have crossed my mind many years ago, but I did tell my Seventh Day Adventist dad for fear of you know what. I just thought that someone placed us here to thrive  on our own, but they have to get rid first of all the other creatures that seems to be a threat to our existence.

So why would they leave crocodiles but kill off poor little Thescelosaurus and Leptoceratops?

I think certain families of creatures of the same make up were eradicated together.

Btw i did not tell my dad. Missed the not.

Well they forgot to kill the birds in that case didn't they?

I think they utilized a specific gene poison or something that was only lethal to certain creatures.

How about this, it's just a bogus idea to begin with? The non-avian dinosaurs were killed off by a giant rock hitting the earth or a combination of natural events. You think that could be it?
I'm not sure I even follow what you guys are talking about...but I don't like where it's going.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2014, 02:01:46 PM
I'm not sure I even follow what you guys are talking about...but I don't like where it's going.

I agree that I don't think I like where this is going, and yes it is partially my fault. As for following what we're talking about, how can you not follow it? He surmises that real life extraterrestrials killed off the dinosaurs to make way for the human conquest of earth. I'm just baiting him along with flaws in the notion because 1) I'm a sucker for shooting down BS hypothesis and 2) I'm a jerk.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:10:52 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2014, 02:01:46 PM

I agree that I don't think I like where this is going, and yes it is partially my fault. As for following what we're talking about, how can you not follow it? He surmises that real life extraterrestrials killed off the dinosaurs to make way for the human conquest of earth. I'm just baiting him along with flaws in the notion because 1) I'm a sucker for shooting down BS hypothesis and 2) I'm a jerk.
I was confused because I wasn't sure whether they were talking about extinction in the context of the movie or real life.

QuoteI'm just baiting him along with flaws in the notion because 1) I'm a sucker for shooting down BS hypothesis and 2) I'm a jerk.
Trolling, no?

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2014, 02:13:46 PM
I was confused because I wasn't sure whether they were talking about extinction in the context of the movie or real life.

Oh I see. We're talking about real life here.

Trolling, no?

You could call it that but when someone brings up an idea on a public forum I see no harm in discussing it, or poking holes in it as the case may be. I have low tolerance for this sort of thing and with the success of shows like "Ancient Aliens" these ideas have unfortunately become more common place. I try to squash it when I see it. I have not seen Transformers 4, I didn't know they included that hypothesis in there until he brought it up.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:31:51 PM

Trolling, no?

You could call it that but when someone brings up an idea on a public forum I see no harm in discussing it, or poking holes in it as the case may be. I have low tolerance for this sort of thing and with the success of shows like "Ancient Aliens" these ideas have unfortunately become more common place. I try to squash it when I see it. I have not seen Transformers 4, I didn't know they included that hypothesis in there until he brought it up.
Yes, Ancient Aliens is a terrible show. It is kind of funny to watch though, in a train wreckish kind of way.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2014, 02:34:52 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:31:51 PM

Trolling, no?

Yes, Ancient Aliens is a terrible show. It is kind of funny to watch though, in a train wreckish kind of way.

I've watched the first few episodes but gave up on it quickly. I did make sure to watch the episode that dealt with dinosaurs though. Yes, they had an episode that discussed the likelihood that aliens killed the dinosaurs. Brian Switek did a blog post about it that is worth a read (especially for believers).

The Idiocy, Fabrications and Lies of Ancient Aliens
Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-idiocy-fabrications-and-lies-of-ancient-aliens-86294030/#TK6QeDiHM3Hqj2oT.99

The show really bothers me because I know that I'm more well versed in science and critical thinking than the average viewer. People watch these shows and think the "science" is convincing, they're easily duped and it is not entirely their fault. They're being taken advantage of by a channel claiming to be about history, by a "documentary" program but it's all BS! I have a few personal friends that really bye into it and it really bothers me. I cannot convince them because I'm not the talking head on TV. I wish they knew what I knew, that the reality is far more fascinating and has evidence to back it up which makes it also far more likely.

EDIT: So yeah, when someone claims aliens killed off the dinosaurs for humanity I have to point out that 1) Not all dinosaur would have posed a threat to humanity and 2) These aliens failed because they forgot to kill off all the birds. I'm also curious why they felt pterosaurs, marine reptiles and ammonites needed to die as well as a good deal of other animals and plants but I won't go there.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Trisdino on July 04, 2014, 09:55:33 AM
Have not seen the movie(aint out here yet), but that concept art looks far better than the finished products. It is like they took those fairly "realistic" dinosaur forms, and then mutilated them.

Also, what is up with marketing a dinobot a ton, and then not even including it?
Very simple, to sell toys. Wal Mart had the dinobots and toys from the movie on the shelf a full month ahead of the movie and are moving toys bigtime. As Malcom said..slap it on a lunchbox and then you are gonna sell sell sell..........
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

docronnie

The theory that aliens wiped all the dinos have crossed my mind many years ago, but I did tell my Seventh Day Adventist dad for fear of you know what. I just thought that someone placed us here to thrive  on our own, but they have to get rid first of all the other creatures that seems to be a threat to our existence.

So why would they leave crocodiles but kill off poor little Thescelosaurus and Leptoceratops?

I think certain families of creatures of the same make up were eradicated together.

I think they utilized a specific gene poison or something that was only lethal to certain creatures.

How about this, it's just a bogus idea to begin with? The non-avian dinosaurs were killed off by a giant rock hitting the earth or a combination of natural events. You think that could be it?

Yes, same idea, but somebody (Gods or Aliens) planned the whole thing of sending the rock (meteor), which eventually caused the unfavorable natural events (gene poison) leading to the extinction of specific creatures with the same genetic make up.  Then humans of different races were placed here on Earth at separate locations.  Of course, this is only my theory and it may not be true after all.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

EDIT: I'm also curious why they felt pterosaurs, marine reptiles and ammonites needed to die as well as a good deal of other animals and plants but I won't go there.

I have also thought of this. The chemical change or whatever happened to nature included the extinction of these specific creatures and though some were not threats to human race (leptoceratops etc.), they were considered collateral damage.  Everything seems to be planned. 

These are just my musings. 

Balaur

Quote from: docronnie on July 04, 2014, 05:41:59 PM

Yes, same idea, but somebody (Gods or Aliens) planned the whole thing of sending the rock (meteor), which eventually caused the unfavorable natural events (gene poison) leading to the extinction of specific creatures with the same genetic make up.  Then humans of different races were placed here on Earth at separate locations.  Of course, this is only my theory and it may not be true after all.

I don't think you've put put one piece of evidence yet. Is there any evidence for your claims? Also, why would aliens bother to even help us. We weren't humans then. We were Purgatorius. Unless they are psychic as well, why would they bother even doing this?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on July 04, 2014, 07:51:42 PM

I don't think you've put put one piece of evidence yet. Is there any evidence for your claims? Also, why would aliens bother to even help us. We weren't humans then. We were Purgatorius. Unless they are psychic as well, why would they bother even doing this?
Exactly. I myself do think there is life of some form or another on other planets, but I do not think it had anything to do with the extinction of non-avian dinosaurs or for that matter anything that occurred on Earth. And also, if they killed off dinosaurs I'm furious with them :)).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Also, I think it's about time to end this whole discussion before the moderators have to jump in and say so.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Yes. I don't see this going anywhere.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI've watched the first few episodes but gave up on it quickly. I did make sure to watch the episode that dealt with dinosaurs though. Yes, they had an episode that discussed the likelihood that aliens killed the dinosaurs. Brian Switek did a blog post about it that is worth a read (especially for believers).

The Idiocy, Fabrications and Lies of Ancient Aliens
Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-idiocy-fabrications-and-lies-of-ancient-aliens-86294030/#TK6QeDiHM3Hqj2oT.99

The show really bothers me because I know that I'm more well versed in science and critical thinking than the average viewer. People watch these shows and think the "science" is convincing, they're easily duped and it is not entirely their fault. They're being taken advantage of by a channel claiming to be about history, by a "documentary" program but it's all BS! I have a few personal friends that really bye into it and it really bothers me. I cannot convince them because I'm not the talking head on TV. I wish they knew what I knew, that the reality is far more fascinating and has evidence to back it up which makes it also far more likely.

EDIT: So yeah, when someone claims aliens killed off the dinosaurs for humanity I have to point out that 1) Not all dinosaur would have posed a threat to humanity and 2) These aliens failed because they forgot to kill off all the birds. I'm also curious why they felt pterosaurs, marine reptiles and ammonites needed to die as well as a good deal of other animals and plants but I won't go there.
I found out about the show through Chris White's debunking of the show on Youtube, he did an excellent job of tearing holes in their little "theories". It's very dishonest how they flat out lie about everything and distort the evidence to suit their liking. For some of their theories, they use for their reference the work of a guy called Zecharia Sitchin who was a complete quack.

amargasaurus cazaui

I did wish to make one inquiry regarding the current line of discussion before it withers if possible. I am wondering if, given that is a reasonably well etablished there have been five major extinctions of which at least three date fairly well towards sizeable bolide impacts, is it being suggested then each event horizon was engineered to alter the fauna and lifeforms for that particular event? I am unsure you can suggest one was engineered and the others were not, especially when you consider the event at the end of the cretaceous was not nearly as destructive as the event that ended the Permian age for instance. Are you then stating the only event that was engineered and not natural was the cretaceous closing one?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

You realize there is zero evidence to support any of that right? That you're basically conjuring this stuff in your head and despite all the evidence to the contrary believing in something just because you want to right? The human races thing bothers me too, good scientific evidence shows us that humans evolved in Africa and dispersed from there. They can trace it through paleontology, archeologically and genetically. I'm so taken aback I don't know what else to say, I should probably just stop.

My advice to you however is that if you REALLY have an interest in dinosaurs, history, science, extinctions, human evolution or any related topic just pick up books on the subjects and read what others have learned about the planet through the scientific method. There are a lot of things we don't know but pulling stuff out of your head is not the answer, the answers are out there in the world and there is a process to finding them. Watch the recent "Cosmos" series from television, with Neil Degrasse Tyson. The show does wonders in promoting science and teaching the basics about our world.

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 11:11:00 PM

You realize there is zero evidence to support any of that right? That you're basically conjuring this stuff in your head and despite all the evidence to the contrary believing in something just because you want to right? The human races thing bothers me too, good scientific evidence shows us that humans evolved in Africa and dispersed from there. They can trace it through paleontology, archeologically and genetically. I'm so taken aback I don't know what else to say, I should probably just stop.

My advice to you however is that if you REALLY have an interest in dinosaurs, history, science, extinctions, human evolution or any related topic just pick up books on the subjects and read what others have learned about the planet through the scientific method. There are a lot of things we don't know but pulling stuff out of your head is not the answer, the answers are out there in the world and there is a process to finding them. Watch the recent "Cosmos" series from television, with Neil Degrasse Tyson. The show does wonders in promoting science and teaching the basics about our world.

Yup!  Don't take my musings seriously. These were just my thoughts a few years back dating from my High School days.  I'm just saying I had the same idea that was plotted in the TF movie.  You asked questions, which I answered, based on my thoughts (no evidence it all).

I've read and still continue to read about scientific facts.  Don't worry about me.   This will be my last post on my musings. Thank you! :)

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on July 05, 2014, 02:01:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 11:11:00 PM

Yup!  Don't take my musings seriously. These were just my thoughts a few years back dating from my High School days.  I'm just saying I had the same idea that was plotted in the TF movie.  You asked questions, which I answered, based on my thoughts (no evidence it all).

I've read and still continue to read about scientific facts.  Don't worry about me.   This will be my last post on my musings. Thank you! :)

The way you answered them seemed to imply that these were current beliefs. Good to know you've come to your senses.

Trisdino

stargatedalek

^
hi trisdino

I thought TF-AOE was pretty good, I do feel betrayed that the advertising focused on the Dinobots and they barely got any screen time
I still found it way better than 2 and 3, but thats not saying much :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: