News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gwangi's Dioramas (2015 Contest Entry, pg.5)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Did you put those millipeeds there?

Tylosaurus

That are some brilliant setup diorama's Gwangi! that Steggy in the water to those Spinosaur's hah just brilliant!

These are my favorite pics :)

and this one :)

Gwangi

Thanks guys, I'm really itching to do some more so keep an eye out for an update.

Primeval, I did not put the millipedes there. I didn't even know they were there until after I took the picture.

Primeval12

ZoPteryx

The Spinos fishing together are cool!

Libraraptor

Yeah now I remember your dioramas! There are brilliant ones among them, especially love the Postosuchus in the water!

Tyrannosaurid lover

My favs one are the postosuchus and the Hobaria
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2012, 09:45:26 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really itching to do some more so keep an eye out for an update.

Primeval, I did not put the millipedes there. I didn't even know they were there until after I took the picture.
Actually, I think those are centipedes.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

Quote from: Yutyrannus on April 15, 2012, 02:25:48 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2012, 09:45:26 PM

Actually, I think those are centipedes.

Looking at a larger version of the image it appears you're right. Regardless, I had no idea they were there when I took the shot.

Metallisuchus

Good pics! I especially love the Postosuchus & pack-hunting raptors ; )

I really want that Giganotosaurus next actually, but did you ever notice its head looks a little too big?

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 19, 2012, 04:27:48 AM
Good pics! I especially love the Postosuchus & pack-hunting raptors ; )

I really want that Giganotosaurus next actually, but did you ever notice its head looks a little too big?

Pack hunting indeed and also naked, and hunting an anachronistic Parasaurolophus. There is a lot wrong with that picture.

I don't know if the Giganotosaurus head is too large or the body too slim, something seems off about it though. Still, it is one of the first figures I got and still a favorite of mine.

Gryphoceratops

I think the body is a bit too wimpy on the giganoto but thats a minor flaw.  Overall its a great model. 

Metallisuchus

I agree. Other than that, it's perfect. Probably the coolest paint job Safari has done yet.

Takama

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 19, 2012, 06:14:24 AM
I think the body is a bit too wimpy on the giganoto but thats a minor flaw.  Overall its a great model.

I hope Safari adds more beef to the bone of some of there future figures

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on March 13, 2012, 02:17:36 PM
First off are some non-dinosaurs. We'll kick it off with tanystropheus.

Scutosaurus

Postosuchus

Your Photographs are amazing. I like the Postosuchus (your signature).It is the best  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Thanks Jetoar, the Postosuchas shots are some of my favorites too but the quality of the sculpt certainly makes photographing it easy. I have a lot of new pictures I want to share but I have to wait until the diorama contest is over so no one will figure out which one in the contest is mine.

radman

Quote from: Gwangi on August 08, 2012, 12:17:51 AM
Thanks Jetoar, the Postosuchas shots are some of my favorites too but the quality of the sculpt certainly makes photographing it easy. I have a lot of new pictures I want to share but I have to wait until the diorama contest is over so no one will figure out which one in the contest is mine.

Likewise!
;)

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on August 08, 2012, 12:17:51 AM

Oh, I am waiting to see more pictures  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Well the contest is over so finally I now have the chance to share some of my rejected diorama pictures. Of course this is also where you guys will tell me I submitted the wrong picture.  :P
My entry was #17 (Cretaceous Cliffhanger: Torosaurus' Lucky Day). I has a difficult time coming up with a title for that one. My goal with this picture was to do something out of the ordinary and having Tyrannosaurs hunt a sauropod (Alamosaurus) is something I've seldom seen done in dioramas or paleoart in general. The notion that Tyrannosaurus lived beside and probably hunted something other then Triceratops and Edmontosaurus intrigued me. I thought it would be unique and I thought it would get me votes.
I chose the only toy Alamosaurus I was aware of for the picture and by sheer luck it looked like a close match to the Field Museum Sue pair by Safari. I loved the idea of essentially having two of the same figure in two different poses and those two afforded me that.
Speaking of which I would like to know what you guys thought of my entry. I was surprised by the quality of the submissions and upon seeing them didn't expect to win but I was a little surprised I didn't get more votes (I think I just barely placed at #15). I'm not complaining, just curious. Hopefully I can get some critiques from you guys that will help me produce a better entry next year. In contemplating my lack of votes I came up with a few ideas on why I didn't receive more. The Torosaurus being the focus rather than the hunting Tyrannosaurus'? The odd angle at which the scene was photographed? The fact that I had a sauropod with tyrannosaurs (I realize some voters may not have realized they lived together. Let me know guys! In the mean time I hope you enjoy my other photographs.

My submission.

Here are more involving the Tyrannosaurus pair, Torosaurus and Alamosaurus. I really liked the ones of the rex pair interacting with the Torosaurus but I was hell bent on having that Alamosaurus in there. Was that my down fall?

Yup, I even had a love scene.

Gwangi

Here was another series of pictures I did for the contest. This one was supposed to represent Jurassic Portugal. I came very close to using this first picture. Should I have?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: