News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Please refer to the link TQ posted. This really isn't the place to post this particular query either. I'll give it a day then remove the comments unless the Admin thinks otherwise.

Nobs

"MAD WITH POWER!"

LoL

DinoToyForum

Sorry, I didn't see the recent comments in this thread until now. The post TQ linked to explains why he was banned. Although off topic, I don't mind the comments above staying, so long as no more comments are posted.

DinoToyForum

Just tweaking the layout of the Forum main page.  C:-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 12, 2013, 11:33:15 AM
Whoa, it's so disorientating all of a sudden :-X

I sorta liked it better the way it was before, sorry. I guess I'll adapt. :-\

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 12, 2013, 04:37:54 PM

Probably you'll get used to it, it's only the main page that's really changed. I think it is good to shake things up every now and again :)
I was considering having a side bar on every forum page, even thread pages, but I'm not sure. What do people think?

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 12, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

Probably you'll get used to it, it's only the main page that's really changed. I think it is good to shake things up every now and again :)
I was considering having a side bar on every forum page, even thread pages, but I'm not sure. What do people think?

I don't really like the new layout, I guess it's visually polluted, too "crowded"? I can't find a better word for it in English right now, sorry. I mean that the new sidebar confuses me, but like TQ said, maybe we'll adapt. I've been also seeing more ads than I was latelly and that's understandable but also annoying. Sometimes the page doesn't load properly too.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 12, 2013, 05:09:52 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 12, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

I don't really like the new layout, I guess it's visually polluted, too "crowded"? I can't find a better word for it in English right now, sorry. I mean that the new sidebar confuses me, but like TQ said, maybe we'll adapt. I've been also seeing more ads than I was latelly and that's understandable but also annoying. Sometimes the page doesn't load properly too.

Thanks for the comments Ikessauro. The front page is busier, but also provides more data, such as popular topics, and more recent posts than before.

As for the ads, I don't really like putting ads on the forum, but they do help pay for the upkeep of the site. I'm in the process of changing them around (because ebay's ad program recently changed for the worse, so I'm experimenting with other alternatives). In the process, some pages might temporarily have more ads added to them while I'm seeing what they look like. But that's only temporary, while I'm trying to find a balance between them being relevant, and hopefully of interest, without being too intrusive.

Sorry the site doesn't always load properly - our host isn't always 100% reliable. :-[ If it continues let me know in the feedback section.

sauroid

i dont mind the ads as long as they are dino toy oriented
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

I've created a new sub-board in the dinosaur toy lines section for 2014 figures threads (there will be a thread per company): http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html

We will have a new sub-board each year  C:-)

DinoToyForum

I've changed the forum settings so certain profanities are automatically censored. Swearing is still, of course, against the rules, but this makes it easier for us to moderate and take action.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That will certainly be a help !

DinoToyForum

Spangly new Dinotoyforum title banner for 2014 now in place! Thanks so much to Ikessauro for designing it!  C:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

sauroid

nice looking new banner congrats
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Yep, the banner looks awesome. But I still miss the Carno and Dimetrodon.... ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DinoToyForum

I have changed the forum favicon to distinguish it from the dinotoyblog. (You may have to refresh the site for it to work)
The blog favicon is the Invicta Brachiosaurus. Anyone recognise the new forum favicon?  ^-^

Jetoar

Invicta purple brachiosaurus?  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Jetoar on January 15, 2014, 01:19:39 PM
Invicta purple brachiosaurus?  ^-^

Hehe, no, well, yes, but that was a stand in while I set up the proper new one. Refresh the page, you should get a new one...

alexeratops

It's the new Carnegie Rex! ^-^
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: