You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Winton, Australia

Started by postsaurischian, July 18, 2014, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

I'm planning my next Australia trip in January. This time I'm going to visit Winton and have a look at their Dinosaur fossil collection.
http://australianageofdinosaurs.com/museum-hub.php - We're going there by car and the hotel is also already booked.
Has anybody already been there? Any advices or special experiences are welcome.
Also, I'm taking the camera with me. If there's anything you want to see in particular - just let me know. I'm going to take a thousand pics anyway ;D.

Brontozaurus

I've been there!

The AAOD museum is very cool and worth a visit, but you should also consider the nearby towns of Richmond and Hughenden which both have their own museums. Richmond has the Kronosaurus Korner, which as the name suggests is about the marine fossils in the area. There's a spot near Richmond that you can go look for fossils; directions are available from the Korner. The fossil museum in Hugenden has a lot of stuff (including some of the only pterosaur material found in Australia), but the town also has a lot of dinosaur-themed sculpture, including a life-size Muttaburrasaurus.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.