News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptoress

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 15, 2014, 01:02:15 AM
Well, got them,too ;D
They are lovely figures for sure and the Pachy is my favorite of the 4 I got. I got a second one just for repainting since I'm not too fond of the original ;)
[

I will post more pics on the Battat thread, some with photos of the original figures with the new ones for those interested.
So anyone know what scale these new figures are? I can't find that info anywhere on the box >:( ;D

1:40, I believe. :)

loru1588

Quote from: DinoLord on August 15, 2014, 01:06:05 AM
I'm pretty sure they are the same scale as the originals.

Yes, they are 1:40th scale

loru1588

They are already on eBay !!! Not, from me, I had to buy my own!!

Hynerpeton

Shipping is a joke  :(

Edited - we didn't need the details of how the bad shipping costs make you feel.  C:-) Admin.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoToyForum

Pawnosuchus

As someone who was weaned on the old Marx dinosaurs, I was stunned when the original Battats were released. They were light years above anything else available at the time. I immediately got them all (dirt cheap) and still consider most of them as the best of various species. When I saw the new ones I had mixed feelings at first and was not overly impressed. However since they were Battats I had to have them and went out and bought the first four. There was something magical about holding brand new ones and the pictures don't do them justice. Thanks Mr. Lorussa (really appreciate the 1-40 scale) for your fine work.

amanda

The head of the toy section at my closest Target actually knew exactly what I was after. They are getting the end caps in now but the figures will not be in until next week at the earliest.

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: amanda on August 15, 2014, 06:35:57 PM
The head of the toy section at my closest Target actually knew exactly what I was after. They are getting the end caps in now but the figures will not be in until next week at the earliest.

They are available at Target Canada! I'm here now and the guy just showed me it's in the system. They should be on the shelves any day now!

stargatedalek

^thats great news!

now just to wait until I have the cash to spare

leidy

these are just brilliant.  Dream come true.  I have to have.

I'm really liking the looks of the Cryolophosaurus and the Gastonia.  I think those might be the standouts.  A decent Cryo was sorely needed.

I also like the therizinosaur, even without feathers.  I'll just pretend it's a 90s figure, like the older Battats.

Quote from: drjre77 on August 12, 2014, 03:57:58 AM
I'm really hoping for an Allosaurus this time around!! congrats Dan!!! I glad to see you back in the Paleo-sculpting!! I have always loved your work, and I can't wait to see the new dinosaur sculptures and figures your bring to the table!!!!!!

I have to echo this.  I've always wanted a Battat Allosaurus.  So many Allosaurus figures out there.  Carnegie, Wild Safari, Papo, Schleich, Collecta.  None of them quite do it justice.  Some of them just seem like generic theropods, but Allosaurus done right is sleek and unmistakable.  There's a good example on the Dinosaur Studio webpage.

All those skeletons, such a cool and well-known dinosaur. 

There's a few other well-known, but not well represented species I wouldn't mind seeing.  Iguanodon comes to mind. 

DinoLord

I was browsing through The Dinosaur Studio's photos on their Facebook page and found some photos of concept sketches for the cancelled Battat Series 4. They featured Pachyrhinosaurus and Shunosaurus, and we all know the former has come to fruition. Perhaps we will see a new Shunosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Allosaurus would be GREAT!

Shunosaurus..oh yeah we certainly need more sauropods!

DinoLord

I'm also hopeful for Allosaurus. Also in the FB photo stream was a picture of Dan's older 1/10 Pachyrhinosaurus built up and photoshopped into a swamp, and it looked remarkably like the Terra one. Perhaps we can remain hopeful that other species Dan has sculpted will make it into the Terra line as well.

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 16, 2014, 03:41:46 AM
Psittacosaurus !!!!!!!!!

I would not get your hopes up.   Dan said that there would be no small species until the line see success. Just all 1:40 for now

John

Quote from: DinoLord on August 16, 2014, 02:04:45 AM
I was browsing through The Dinosaur Studio's photos on their Facebook page and found some photos of concept sketches for the cancelled Battat Series 4. They featured Pachyrhinosaurus and Shunosaurus, and we all know the former has come to fruition. Perhaps we will see a new Shunosaurus?
That would not be a bad thing!
Also imagine eventually seeing Allosaurus,Iguanodon,Chasmosaurus (or Agujaceratops as the species labeled once referred to as Chasmosaurus mariscalensis if the large resin model from the same artists at the Dinosaur Studio is anything to go by) or whatever hadrosaur (Lambeosaurus as in the resin model from the Dinosaur Studio?) turn up. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Seijun

Need more hadrosaurs... need more sauropods..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Quen

I second the need for more sauropods! Though, I know there's a size constraint right now.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Quendrega on August 16, 2014, 11:01:37 AM
I second the need for more sauropods! Though, I know there's a size constraint right now.

There are several 'small' sauropods to choose from :)

Quen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 16, 2014, 11:03:44 AM
Quote from: Quendrega on August 16, 2014, 11:01:37 AM

There are several 'small' sauropods to choose from :)

Oh, I know!   :))  Small sauropods don't get enough love, anyway!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: