News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Quote from: primeval12 on August 23, 2014, 12:20:32 AM
I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY SO, MAYBE I CAN BUY MYSELF SOME! ;D

What? Awesome! mine's the day after! Happy b-day
like a bantha!

loru1588

Quote from: ltokuda on August 23, 2014, 01:28:29 AM
Congratulations Dan!  I'm so happy for you.  I really hope this product line takes off.  I'd love to be collecting new, high quality battat dinos for years to come.

I found all 4 dinos at my local Target.  I have to concur that these figures look even better in person.  I bought the Nanshiungosaurs and Cryolophosaurus for my son.  He's going to love it!  I've been waiting to buy him a 1/40th scale cryolophosaurus for years now and now my prayers have been answered.  His birthday already passed so I'll have to think of some excuse to give it to him.

Unfortunately, I already bought him the Collecta Dacentrurus and Papo Pachyrhinosaurus so I'm having a hard time justifying getting the Battat versions.  Who knows, I may just break down and get them anyway.  But when the Gigantoraptor and Gastonia come out, I'm definitely getting those.

One other cool thing about these toys is the box itself.  On the back, Dan gives information they give about each figure and why certain choices were made in creating them.  I think that's awesome.  My son loves dinosaurs so any time I can integrate learning with dinosaurs is a big plus.

Thanks for the kind words!!

Pilkington

I picked up the Cryolophosaurus the other day at my Target.  I felt like a kid again going to the toy department to see if they were in stock or not.  Then looking at them one by one to find the best paint, it brought back a lot of memories of doing the same with the Boston Museum ones years ago.

Here he is in all his glory with what remains of my Battat collection:
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Hynerpeton

Nice. What is the yellow Dino? Celophysis?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: predino on August 23, 2014, 07:32:05 AM
Which one? There are two yellow ones. The one in the bottom corner is a Utahraptor, and the one slightly above that is a Gallimimus.

loru1588

Quote from: predino on August 23, 2014, 07:32:05 AM

The one on the far left is Utahraptor the other is Galimimus

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, it's been awhile! Hey guys!! I guess the news of the resurrection of the Battats and their new additions have pulled some of us old members from out of the woodwork. LOL! I have been stopping by from time to time to check on announcements of new figures. And when I saw the news about the Battats, I just had to chime in! A big thanks to Takama for breaking the news, and a doubly huge thanks to Dan LoRusso for taking on this unimaginably enormous task! Thank you, thank you!! So excited about all this!

I got my four new figures just this past week at my local Target after I talked to the fourth person there who finally knew what I was referring to. They didn't have any display up or any figures out yet. But he looked them up on his handheld gizmo and found they were still in the back in storage. He then asked if I'd like him to bring out one of each. (You guys will appreciate my response! ;) ) I told him I was a collector and I really like to look them all over when I get the chance so I can pic out the best ones. LOL! He said, let me see what I can do. And about a minute later, out came a big hand truck with four big boxes on it, with four of each new dino in each of the boxes. He told me I was the first person to look through these. (I was in heaven! LOL!!) I love them! They really are done so well to fit in with my original set. (I was lucky enough to snag one of the last full-size sets before they were discontinued.) I'm also glad to have read that the old figures that will be brought back will have different paint schemes, so that to keep the collectible value of the originals in tact. Good move!

So, glad to be back and super psyched for the reason that brought me back!!  ;D

Fukuiraptor

Meso-Cenozoic, if I had known that you could look through all four boxes to get the best figures, I would have requested you to get one set for me.  Being a collector outside the US, I won't have such a privilege  :(

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 24, 2014, 06:11:02 AM
Wow, it's been awhile! Hey guys!! I guess the news of the resurrection of the Battats and their new additions have pulled some of us old members from out of the woodwork. LOL! I have been stopping by from time to time to check on announcements of new figures. And when I saw the news about the Battats, I just had to chime in! A big thanks to Takama for breaking the news, and a doubly huge thanks to Dan LoRusso for taking on this unimaginably enormous task! Thank you, thank you!! So excited about all this!

I got my four new figures just this past week at my local Target after I talked to the fourth person there who finally knew what I was referring to. They didn't have any display up or any figures out yet. But he looked them up on his handheld gizmo and found they were still in the back in storage. He then asked if I'd like him to bring out one of each. (You guys will appreciate my response! ;) ) I told him I was a collector and I really like to look them all over when I get the chance so I can pic out the best ones. LOL! He said, let me see what I can do. And about a minute later, out came a big hand truck with four big boxes on it, with four of each new dino in each of the boxes. He told me I was the first person to look through these. (I was in heaven! LOL!!) I love them! They really are done so well to fit in with my original set. (I was lucky enough to snag one of the last full-size sets before they were discontinued.) I'm also glad to have read that the old figures that will be brought back will have different paint schemes, so that to keep the collectible value of the originals in tact. Good move!

loru1588

Battat is doing there best to work out distributorship in Europe and elsewhere. Target will have the final say, so no promises. They do understand about all the collectors out there.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 24, 2014, 06:11:02 AM

Good to see you!  :D

postsaurischian

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Meso-Cenozoic

I tell ya Dr. Adam, Battat has a strange supernatural control over us old-time collectors!  ;) LOL! I never thought I'd see the day they would be resurrected. It's a miracle!

Fukuiraptor, I think I totally lucked out with my Target experience. Like I had mentioned, it wasn't until I persistently pursued the final fourth person there that I got anywhere. I have a feeling the next time I'm back there for the next two new figures this Fall, it will probably be yet another experience!  :P My Target never seems to know much about new releases that differ from the norm... in any area of retail! I once went in to pic up a Target exclusive release of a particular CD that had a couple extra tracks, and nobody in that area knew what I was talking about. It was even in their weekly flyer! I never did find it!! So, it's a real hit and miss with my Target. Hopefully they will soon have their Battat Terra display up and I will then be able to simply check there for new figures.

amargasaurus cazaui

I can really get in line with your comments there. I asked my younger brother who lives close to a few target stores to check for me. If you know my brother, you know he is quite.....determined when on a mission. He asked his way up the chain at a Target and the toy department manager himself, told my brother, sorry this new series called Terra will be out close to Christmas, they are not in stock and wont be till then. Two days later my brother scored me two sets at that same store? Really?uh.............
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

The Target That's closest to me is just 15 minutes north of were I live, and they never had them when I first discovered the line. I tried asking for them, but the guy I talked to was no help. Then the next time I visited it, I asked again, and that time they said they had them, but they were not aloud to put them on the shelves. Even though I Got the four that's been released already, I might check again tomorrow to see if they have them up on display just so I know that have them and I wont have to travel further away to get them.

amanda

Still no sign of a Battat resurrection here abouts...:(

Meso-Cenozoic

Maybe they're just too new for all the stores to have them or if they do have them out yet. Or it's the director of each individual store's decision when he wants to start selling them? Because it seems some Targets have had their whole display up for a bit now! The last guy at Target I talked to who eventually found them in back said that maybe there wasn't an allotted space available for the whole display to be set up yet. But he was merely making a guess. Even though we as collectors have known about them for a couple weeks, we seem to be able to get info early. So eventually I'm sure all of them will have them fairly soon.  :D

amargasaurus cazaui

The way most big box stores operate is things are given feature status by weeks, meaning at the set date, a certain module, end cap or trend spot is scheduled to be redone with new merchandise and price points. At that point the stores are all supposed to have the module or end cap set as specified.....HOWEVER within each given store, generally labor shortages, or just raw lack of productivity can mean delays implementing this. What is surprising is when you question a manager or superior who should be aware the merchandise is on hand and they give inaccurate information .I would guess most of these Target stores do have the items on hand and just are short help getting the mod set. This has been my experience with other retailers at least
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Quote from: loru1588 on August 24, 2014, 02:11:15 PM
Battat is doing there best to work out distributorship in Europe and elsewhere. Target will have the final say, so no promises. They do understand about all the collectors out there.

Battat on the European market would be the icing on the cake in what is already a wonderful string of delightfully positive events. I know the Netherlands would be skipped out in such an occurrence, as they usually are, but it would sitll make it a lot easier (and cheaper) to score these beauties.

Incidentally, could anyone supply me with the product bar codes for each of the four currently available figures? A friend of mine in the USA is trying to get me these, but he wants to phone Target ahead to make sure they're in stock, instead of wasting his time and effort by visiting a store that doesn't have them. Thanks in advance! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: