News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

commision sculpting, modifications, and bases

Started by brandem, August 16, 2014, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

Quote from: Takama on August 22, 2014, 02:00:58 AM
Seeing your little 1:70scale models makes me tempted to commission other species at that scale.

I would buy what you have first before I commission anything, but I was wondering. How much would a say, a Shantungasaurus at that scale cost?

Yes, brilliant species, those tiny titans are actually in 1:100, don't know if that makes them too small for your liking but that would put a Shantungasaurus around  5.75 to 6.5 inches, in that scale I like to be able to cast in one piece so they have an attached base usually with foliage, in a way that's good be cause I can case in one piece and I think it would be popular afterwords, so I would say about 50 dollars us, in this scale I also like to have species to accompany them so if you do order I'd expect to see a sinoceratops or a zhuchengtyrannus to follow.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: brandem on August 19, 2014, 11:10:38 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2014, 02:50:54 AM
A quick question..are fantasy dinosaurs possible?

Great question I hadn't even thought to bring that up!

Absolutely, if you have a speculative species you're thinking of I am more than happy to take your ideas of drawing and bring it into 3d.

Also it doesn't nessessaraly need to be fantasy or hard science, if there are any fringe ideas you would like to have represented I'd be excited to try out a triassic kraken or a brachiosaurus with a truck*
Hmm...could you maybe make a species from The Speculative Dinosaur Project? Like this perhaps?

Just a suggestion :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: brandem on August 22, 2014, 02:23:39 AM
Quote from: Takama on August 22, 2014, 02:00:58 AM
Seeing your little 1:70scale models makes me tempted to commission other species at that scale.

I would buy what you have first before I commission anything, but I was wondering. How much would a say, a Shantungasaurus at that scale cost?

Yes, brilliant species, those tiny titans are actually in 1:100, don't know if that makes them too small for your liking but that would put a Shantungasaurus around  5.75 to 6.5 inches, in that scale I like to be able to cast in one piece so they have an attached base usually with foliage, in a way that's good be cause I can case in one piece and I think it would be popular afterwords, so I would say about 50 dollars us, in this scale I also like to have species to accompany them so if you do order I'd expect to see a sinoceratops or a zhuchengtyrannus to follow.

I just would like a Small line of Dinosaurs to collect that I and everyone else has control over the species. I was thinking along the lines of the Kaiyodo Dino Tales line, which had many creatures that were different sizes in real life, but were kept at the same relative size in the line.    1:100 would work for my liking.  a Sinoceratops would be cool too.   

But before I commission I might get your current 1:100s first

brandem

Ah I see takama, I'm kinda fond of the idea of having them all in scale in such a high divisible. So you can really see how the relate to one another, I like the idea of being able to measure them against a 1:100 human too,

And yes yutyrannas, that would be very cool to sculpt, in fact maybe you and some other fans of the project can pitch in on commissioning one!

brandem

hey all! I'm really happy with all the custom orders I've been receiving, all of whom will eventually be added to the lineup, but I want to remind everyone I enjoy doing repaints as well take Carnegie dimetrodon for example:

now how much would you expect to pay to have something this size done? 100 dollars? 50 dollars? 10 dollars? yes 10 dollars plus S+H. Plus you're doing me a favor because I love painting! no airbrushing, just knuckle cracking brush work and the sweat of my brow... and paint of coarse.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

brandem

Quote from: predino on October 02, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
I am sorry for not ordering anything yet. :(
No need to be sorry, I'm thankful to everyone just to receive the interest.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: brandem on October 03, 2014, 12:36:31 AM
Quote from: predino on October 02, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
I am sorry for not ordering anything yet. :(
No need to be sorry, I'm thankful to everyone just to receive the interest.

I will order something. Promise.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Alexxitator

Hey hey,
Going over your various pages I have found your figures very appealing. Especially the poposaurus (and that lovely lungfish base) and hypsilbema come to mind. The latter I had never heard of before, nor does googling it get me much result. How is that?
And are you thinking of maybe doing some other Crocodylomorpha? Gracilisuchus? Phosphatosaurus maybe? Or any other will do  :)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

brandem

Probably because I added a L where it did not belong, here's hypsibema, state dinosaur of Missouri;http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypsibema_missouriensis

And I do like doing crocodylomorphs, my 1:10 simosuchus being an example of one, though I the future I do plan adding some to my 1:20 line. Just not sure right now what and when.

Paleogene Pals

I am always interested in ordering your more highly-detailed 1:20 models such as your Sinosaurus.  Particularly if you start doing Carboniferous fauna in that scale.

brandem

hey all, merry Christmas, I thought I would share with you a few quick commission paints I did in-between sculpting, have a look and maybe consider me for your next commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleogene Pals

Ditto what Blade said. Of course, you are on my commission list.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

thelordsgym

Ah yes.......These are even better in person! ;D

DinoLord

Are the latest batch of images working for anyone else? They don't show up for me.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: 0thebigwytec5 on January 07, 2015, 09:23:33 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on January 07, 2015, 09:17:11 PM
Are the latest batch of images working for anyone else?
Not for me :/
Not for me either.
Copy the URL of the image and you get:

{"message":"Nonce \u0027vjY5qbuGhNLf5sggZ3Rz3uxLr3nQzfzn0FhcFOK6mIE\u0027 doesn\u0027t map to object"}

Brandem, please fix it
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

brandem

fixed! at least temporarily,  amazon photo storage may not be the best bet in the future

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: