You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moodyraptor

Checking the Target website, the only ones they're currently selling online (at least to the UK) are Nanshiugosaurus, Dacentrurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Cryolophosaurus.  I wonder if this suggests the others which have been released are now out of stock at the main warehouse?  I hope not, because I'm still missing some.

Which are the ones which have yet to be released yet, as far as we know? 

suspsy

It's the same for shipping to Canada as well. I hope the other toys will eventually become available.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Moodyraptor on December 08, 2015, 12:50:49 PM
Checking the Target website, the only ones they're currently selling online (at least to the UK) are Nanshiugosaurus, Dacentrurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Cryolophosaurus.  I wonder if this suggests the others which have been released are now out of stock at the main warehouse?  I hope not, because I'm still missing some.

Don't forget it took forever for those first four to make it onto the website in the first place. Target is very slow about putting things up online, at least when it comes to more specialty items like this.

RobinGoodfellow

I've been checking Target website for months but nothing changed: only that 4 figures available.
On the first page of this thread you can find the full list of the repainted Battat.
On the Battat website 3 Figures are still missing: Stegosaurus, Euoplocephalus and Parasaurolophus  ( http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs ).
But the full list of the repainted Battat is longer and I hope that missing ones will be on sale soon ( especially Diplodocus  ;) ).

Sim

Released
Set 1: Cryolophosaurus, Dacentrurus, Nanshiungosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus.
Set 2: Acrocanthosaurus, Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Tyrannosaurus.
And now set 3 is appearing: Euoplocephalus, Stegosaurus.

?
Parasaurolophus hasn't been found yet, but it looks like it might be released as part of set 3 too as it's the only other figure currently on the Battat Terra website in addition to all the released ones.

Unreleased repaints
Dilophosaurus
Diplodocus
Edmontonia
Maiasaura
Ouranosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Styracosaurus
Triceratops
There's Gallimimus and Utahraptor too, but we don't know if they've been repainted yet.  Dan LoRusso said all the original Battat dinosaurs would be re-issued at some point so that would include Gallimimus and Utahraptor.

Unreleased new sculpts
Europasaurus
Gastonia
Gigantoraptor
Nasutoceratops
Pentaceratops

Shuvuuia

Just checked my target. Nothing there for new battats, but the shelf is still full of the old ones. Maybe when they sell off the restock will be the new ones.

Moodyraptor

Quote from: Sim on December 08, 2015, 05:56:31 PM

Released
Set 1: Cryolophosaurus, Dacentrurus, Nanshiungosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus.
Set 2: Acrocanthosaurus, Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Tyrannosaurus.
And now set 3 is appearing: Euoplocephalus, Stegosaurus.

?
Parasaurolophus hasn't been found yet, but it looks like it might be released as part of set 3 too as it's the only other figure currently on the Battat Terra website in addition to all the released ones.

Unreleased repaints
Dilophosaurus
Diplodocus
Edmontonia
Maiasaura
Ouranosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Styracosaurus
Triceratops
There's Gallimimus and Utahraptor too, but we don't know if they've been repainted yet.  Dan LoRusso said all the original Battat dinosaurs would be re-issued at some point so that would include Gallimimus and Utahraptor.

Unreleased new sculpts
Europasaurus
Gastonia
Gigantoraptor
Nasutoceratops
Pentaceratops

Thank you, that's really useful to know.  So the four Target are currently offering online are the first four.  Hopefully they'll catch up with themselves soon.

Daspletodave

Has anyone seen the repaint Stego or Euoplocephalus in store yet?

Takama

YES

Quote from: Ichthyosaur on December 07, 2015, 04:36:05 AM
Found these tonight.  Only 2 they had in stock.  No Para unfortunately.  Hope it shows soon, I'm excited for that one!

Meso-Cenozoic

Did you find those two, Takama, or are you commenting on Ichthyosaur's post?

I checked my Target tonight and none of the new ones yet. :( They still had the display up, which is a good sign! 8) But they just had three types of dinos from the first set and two types from the second. Still early, though, with the news of these news figures just happening this week. So I'm hopeful! But since I was already there, I straightened up all of Dan's boxes and made sure each kind was visible to buyers. I figured maybe the sooner these get sold, the sooner they might order in the new ones. ;)

Takama

I was simply showing that they were found by someone.

I have not found any of them and i dont expect to find them for another month or so around here.   Thats how long it took for the last ones to pop up at my target

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Takama on December 09, 2015, 05:16:54 AM
I was simply showing that they were found by someone.

I have not found any of them and i dont expect to find them for another month or so around here.   Thats how long it took for the last ones to pop up at my target

Oh, OK. Well, like I just said, my Target, which is right next to NYC, doesn't have them yet either. We'll get them. No worries! And maybe when ours eventually come in, the Para just might tag along with them by then. ;)

suspsy

Looking forward to the Euoplocephalus and the Parasaurolophus. Not a fan of the Stegosaurus and its funky thagomizer.

amargasaurus cazaui

If you made note of Sim's early post, the thagomizer might actually be the most correct portion of the sculpt..quite by accident Dan may have gotten it right. It appears at this point the evidence is ambigous
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Read the post. Not a fan of the eight-spike thagomizer look regardless, at least not on that particular toy.

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on December 10, 2015, 02:51:06 AM
Read the post. Not a fan of the eight-spike thagomizer regardless.
Comment Deleted

suspsy

Takama

tyrantqueen

Takama, I don't think you have anything to apologise for. I can't read your deleted post so maybe I'm missing something here, but I think Sim made a fair point about the eight spike thagomizer. I don't like the Battat Stegosaurus but that's for different reasons.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 10, 2015, 03:59:28 AM
Takama, I don't think you have anything to apologise for. I can't read your deleted post so maybe I'm missing something here, but I think Sim made a fair point about the eight spike thagomizer. I don't like the Battat Stegosaurus but that's for different reasons.

I was thinking that he does not like the thagomizer the same way Die Hard Spinosaurus Fans Dont like the 2014 Spinosaurus Proportions (I originally said JP Spinosaurus Fans)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: