You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 14, 2017, 05:17:10 PM
My copy of Prehistoric Times arrived yesterday.  Randy Knol made the following comments about his visit to the 2017 New York Toy Fair: "Battat was at the Fair, and the new and recast LoRusso figures are still being sold, as a rate that exceeds their production, at Target.  A note for collectors: a cache of the original Diplodocus was found in the Battat warehouse and is the source of many of the eBay listings.  They start at $250 per figure."  (If only I could find one at $250!!)  I don't know what his source was for either saying the Battats were selling well or the Diplodocus cache, I'm just passing on what he said.
There is an ebay listing right now for a mint Diplodocus in bag - and the seller is Battat Collection from Quebec Canada. So I believe this story about the Diplodocus cache, and it seems Battat is taking full advantage.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Daspletodave on April 16, 2017, 08:00:26 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on April 14, 2017, 05:17:10 PM
My copy of Prehistoric Times arrived yesterday.  Randy Knol made the following comments about his visit to the 2017 New York Toy Fair: "Battat was at the Fair, and the new and recast LoRusso figures are still being sold, as a rate that exceeds their production, at Target.  A note for collectors: a cache of the original Diplodocus was found in the Battat warehouse and is the source of many of the eBay listings.  They start at $250 per figure."  (If only I could find one at $250!!)  I don't know what his source was for either saying the Battats were selling well or the Diplodocus cache, I'm just passing on what he said.
There is an ebay listing right now for a mint Diplodocus in bag - and the seller is Battat Collection from Quebec Canada. So I believe this story about the Diplodocus cache, and it seems Battat is taking full advantage.

Goodness - that was well timed after my passing on Randy's comment!

Halichoeres

Well, let's hope they use the proceeds from the spare Diplodocus figures to finance new molds!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

i wouldnt be surprised if they found other figures in their warehouse (not only the Diplodocus) so they might hold off the reissue of those models til their ebay stuff sell out
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

The "Warehouse find" is an old hat from about three years ago when suddenly dozens of complete sets got selled on eBay mint and unbagged.
These auctions stopped with the announcements of the re-issues. Now that it seems to be unlikely that figures like the Diplodocus get re-issued, they're coming back again.

I suddenly have the feeling that I have already written something like this lately. I'm getting old ;D.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 18, 2017, 12:22:35 PM
The "Warehouse find" is an old hat from about three years ago when suddenly dozens of complete sets got selled on eBay mint and unbagged.
These auctions stopped with the announcements of the re-issues. Now that it seems to be unlikely that figures like the Diplodocus get re-issued, they're coming back again.

I suddenly have the feeling that I have already written something like this lately. I'm getting old ;D.

I really hope that you could be right...  ;)

Dinoguy2

Well at least my local Targets are still restocking these. I finally found a Parasaurolophus at one last week, and got the Stegosaurus at the other one yesterday. They also had a lot of the Carnotaurus and Acrocanthosaurus wave out and a few Dacentrurus. Not sure if they were older stock from the back or what, but the same Target had zero Battats out on the shelf last time I was there so it's mildly encouraging.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Victoria's Cantina

Yeah, the fact that Target has been carrying the line for going on two years now says a lot about its viability and success. This is a good indicator for its future, even though we don't know specifically what factor is holding up further releases.

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 13, 2017, 02:45:06 AM
Is Terra still a Target exclusive? Last I heard (a while ago) they were trying to find other retailers. Perhaps poor sales led to them not going further?

Well I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up, but it looks like Meijer stores (a U.S. chain common in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, etc.) are beginning to carry some Terra figures now. I haven't seen dinosaurs yet but I have seen the wildlife figures at my local store (both boxed and unboxed) appearing below the Schleich display. They weren't there as of a couple months ago.

Fembrogon

Oh, that would be excellent if it happens. The more exposure these figures can get, the better. They'll probably be cheaper than Schleich's figures, too!

Flaffy

Does anyone know if the current releases of Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus has the blunt uniform peg teeth of the later runs or the "sharp" and different sized teeth of the original run?

ZoPteryx

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 25, 2017, 03:44:52 PM
Does anyone know if the current releases of Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus has the blunt uniform peg teeth of the later runs or the "sharp" and different sized teeth of the original run?

I don't own any of the original sculpts to compare for certain, but looking at my Terra Rex I'd say it lends more toward sharp and different sized rather than uniform pegs.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 25, 2017, 03:44:52 PM

The ones I've seen in the stores  all have the peg teeth.

Flaffy

Thanks for the replies!
Seems like all future runs of the Terra Tyrannosaurus will have those unsightly peg teeth.
I wonder why Battat decided to reduce the teeth variation detail though, the first few runs of the Terra Tyrannosaurus still retained the 'sharp' teeth. They seem to have changed it once the production material was changed from softer to harder plastic.

postsaurischian

I'd like to see a comparison pic. But I only have the original v.3 version ... with yellow eyes :).

Flaffy

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 26, 2017, 07:42:45 PM
I'd like to see a comparison pic. But I only have the original v.3 version ... with yellow eyes :).
IIRC there was a comparison pic buried somewhere between the original Battat Tyrannosaurus, the Terra one and the Peg Toothed one.
Edit: Page 60 of this thread.

postsaurischian

JurassicGeek09

Is Terra still a Target exclusive? Last I heard (a while ago) they were trying to find other retailers. Perhaps poor sales led to them not going further?

Here in Canada, The Bay carries them as well.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

stargatedalek

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on May 05, 2017, 06:06:05 PM

Here in Canada, The Bay carries them as well.
Shoppers drugs also, although strangely not Superstore. But that may have been old Target stock that they bought for all I know.

suspsy

I have yet to come across any Battats at the SDs here in Ottawa.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: