You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Every time I see someone post these I get THAT much more anxious. Visited Target on Sunday, nothing new but there were gaps on the Terra shelves. Going to try again Friday.

Takama

All this Buz about the T.Rex and Acro, but has anyone found any more Amargasaurus, Carnotarus and Ceratoesaurus?   or any of the other Dinosaurs from Battats Website?

ItsTwentyBelow

Here is my fix for my T. rex's standing issue. Left it like this while I was at work all day:

Or, this guy also makes a suitable snack...

I still haven't seen any of the other re-issues except Acro and Rex myself. That spot on the shelf for "small dinosaur" has me intrigued and I am wondering what will end up filling it? Whatever it is, seems imminent.

Happy hunting, my fellow Americans. And good luck to the rest of the world, these at least seem like they will be abundant in the states, as the first Terra wave was. I'm sure some extras will find their way around the globe!

Fembrogon

Quote from: Takama on August 06, 2015, 12:08:48 AM
All this Buz about the T.Rex and Acro, but has anyone found any more Amargasaurus, Carnotarus and Ceratoesaurus?   or any of the other Dinosaurs from Battats Website?
The store I checked had Dace's & Pachy's in stock; that was it, besides the big carnivores. I'll be checking my other Target tomorrow, so here's to hoping.

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 11:42:24 PM
Well stated and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)
You're welcome! I'm more than happy to share.

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 05, 2015, 11:11:47 PM
That is a great picture! Inaccurate, though: we have no evidence of patio tiles before the Paleogene.
...And thank you for a good laugh.  :))

Sim

I really enjoyed reading your post and looking at the photos, Fembrogon!  That Battat Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus have really good sculpts - my favourites out of toys for both species!  Those two really look like real animals that once lived, in both their anatomy but also their expressions and the personality they have.  The Battat dinosaurs by Greg and Dan tend to be excellent at this.

I've never had the Battat Acrocanthosaurus (hopefully that will change soon!), but I have the Battat MOS Tyrannosaurus version 3 (which has the same sculpt as the Battat Terra one) from when I was a kid.  It's a really nice figure, although it has quite a bit of paint wear from all the fights and adventures it had in the hands of a much younger me.  So I look forward to getting the Battat Terra version of it.

The Battat Triceratops really needs to be re-issued to help the poor Pachyrhinosaurus out!

Shuvuuia

Went and checked the Target closest to me. Nothing.  Three Pachyrhinosaurs and some farm animals. Wish I'd gone out of my way to the target I knew had them... oh well. Adventure for another day perhaps.

Sim

Quote from: drjre77 on August 04, 2015, 02:40:15 AM
Battat called me back today, and it's a no go for Canada as of now. that sucks. So I guess I'm taking a trip to Buffalo to pick some up. I think I will buy some extras and eBay them for people in Canada who want them.

Did Battat say it was due to them being Target exclusives?  I would be surprised if that wasn't the reason.  If they aren't being sold in Canada, I'm not expecting them to be sold in the UK either.

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 05, 2015, 09:21:22 PM
It started out as a test to see how long it could be in there before the lady of the house commented. Now I keep it there as a strategically placed reminder that the frozen pretzels are mine. Lord Vader will be replaced as soon as someone puts out a good Nanuqsaurus figure.

Why not have both Darth Vader and a Nanuqsaurus in there so they keep each other company?  Not enough room?  :))

Meso-Cenozoic

Well, I guess it's off to my Target tomorrow. Thanks for the pics. They look really nice!

Even though these guys are also on the softer plastic side, I'm hoping since they're more robust than the earlier smaller theropods, they might not bend on their own as easily. My Cryo, Carno and Cerato are all too soft with weak ankles being the worst part. The Carno is the worst of the three, maybe because his ankles are so thin. The Cryo isn't quite as soft and the Cerato has a bit thicker ankles which seems to help a bit.

For anyone who hasn't gotten these yet, you can feel each individual through the opening in the front of the box. Even though they're all tied down, you can wiggle the ankles, feet and tail enough to tell how soft they are. Unfortunately, they all seem to be pretty much the same. So I just went by how clean the paint apps were.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 05, 2015, 11:11:47 PM

That is a great picture! Inaccurate, though: we have no evidence of patio tiles before the Paleogene.
Hilarious. ^-^

Went to Target after work yesterday and they had two each of Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, so I bought all four (two for me, two for a forum member in a Target-less country). To answer your question, Takama, nope, no Amargasaurus, Ceratosaurus, or Carnotaurus. I wonder if it's because they're selling off the small assortment that they already have first--there were still several Pachyrhinosaurus and Dacentrurus.

Anyway, the tyrant king is now claiming his birthright from a longtime pretender to the throne:

In completely unrelated news, there's a Papo running rex available for trade.

By the way, I noticed this peculiar notch in the tail. It almost looks like it was cut off and reattached in the molds so it would fit in the Terra box. Was this notch present in the original issues? In any event, it's a structurally weak spot, so I'm going to see if I can use it to un-flex the tail just a little bit, to lend the figure more stability.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shuvuuia

My Rex has that notch too. It's from the plastic tie used to hold the Rex in the box cutting into the tail. It's not too bad on mine, but I bet there are some pretty gnarly ones out there.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

Halichoeres, it looks more like the Battat is giving the Papo a kiss.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

deanm

Any word if the new and re-release figures are in the Buffalo area target stores yet?  I may need to swing down to get them if they are.

Halichoeres

Gwangi

I've finally found them! My local Target had both in stock. Keep in mind that I was last there Sunday, and they were not. So these were freshly stocked. None of the other new Battat toys were out though.

Pictures forthcoming, and I dunno...maybe a review on the blog or something.  ;)

DeanM, for what it's worth I got mine in Ithaca. Quite a drive from Buffalo but I'm not sure we have any other members that live in western NY. If they're here, they may be there?

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on August 06, 2015, 11:21:50 PM
I've finally found them! My local Target had both in stock. Keep in mind that I was last there Sunday, and they were not. So these were freshly stocked. None of the other new Battat toys were out though.

Pictures forthcoming, and I dunno...maybe a review on the blog or something.  ;)

DeanM, for what it's worth I got mine in Ithaca. Quite a drive from Buffalo but I'm not sure we have any other members that live in western NY. If they're here, they may be there?

I Started a REview of the Tyrannosaurus, despite not haveing it yet.       

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on August 06, 2015, 11:42:27 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 06, 2015, 11:21:50 PM

I Started a REview of the Tyrannosaurus, despite not haveing it yet.     

I'm going to respond to this in the reviewer's thread.

Yutyrannus

I had planned on getting the Tyrannosaurus until I read about these issues with the plastic. Now, despite how much I like this figure, I'm not really sure it is worth the effort to have to deal with the soft plastic :-\.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 06, 2015, 01:31:24 PM
Anyway, the tyrant king is now claiming his birthright from a longtime pretender to the throne:
[deleted defunct image]

That's really cool 8)

suspsy

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 05, 2015, 11:00:21 PM

T. rex: *GASP* Acro! How could you? HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON ME?!

Acro: Rex, wait, it's not what you think!

Pachy: Excuse me? What do you mean "it's not what you think!"?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: