News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscurus figure line (by forum member brandem) new for 2019

Started by brandem, September 01, 2014, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I know there's been some controversy surrounding the Spinosaurus limb scaling, but I don't really have the time to read through the back and forth online. Can someone give me a quick summary of what it's all about?

Very nice sculpture, by the way :)

John

Quote from: Takama on October 08, 2014, 02:15:39 AM
Prototype of the Spino

I originally requested the legs to be based on Scott Hartman's, and Mark Wittons reworking of the legs. But after this article http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-spinosaurus-hindlimb-controversy.html  was published, I had him revert them to the original proportions, which you will see in the final product
Well,it didn't take very long for a new Spinosaurus model to turn up after the new fossil material came to light did it? ;D I like this one,very nice!
Takama,did you commission this model?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Yes I did.  I originally wanted a swimming one to make it different from all the others out there. but I then decided to have it resting on the shore getting ready to eat its dinner.

John

Quote from: Takama on October 08, 2014, 04:44:21 AM
Yes I did.  I originally wanted a swimming one to make it different from all the others out there. but I then decided to have it resting on the shore getting ready to eat its dinner.
I think you still chose well anyway.The resting position also sets it apart from the others.How did you go about having it commissioned?Seeing this Spinosaurus made gives me a few ideas.I've always got a few things in mind that I would want.  ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

How did I go about having it commisiond?

Well I contacted brandem who made it a service to make any creture at any scale.   I boght his first 1:100 models and I liked them.     So I decided to expand the collection by comissining my ideas and the spino was my first.

I contacted him, asked him how much it cost in 1:100, and then I sent a payment. After that he started it.

Gwangi

That is a very lovely little model, great work. What colors and patterns will it end up having?

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on October 08, 2014, 07:31:16 PM
That is a very lovely little model, great work. What colors and patterns will it end up having?

Well I liked the color scheme of this oldschool model

So I requested something similar

Gwangi

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on October 08, 2014, 08:29:18 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 08, 2014, 07:31:16 PM

Well I liked the color scheme of this oldschool model
So I requested something similar
That's a pretty cool idea. I like the idea of reusing old colour schemes from previous toys.

Primeval12

Would you mind telling me the average dimensions and prices for these figures?

brandem

Hey there, on average these figures cost between 6-14 dollars for the smaller figures and 25-90 for the much larger figures, the smaller ones typically fit in the palm of your hand, maybe a little larger, the large ones are around a foot.

Takama

and his commission pricing is very reasonable as well.

Primeval12

Takama

Arul

Paleogene Pals

brandem

Hey all, sometimes you get to the point as an artist where you look back at your older work and you sort of cringe, its not that its bad but its no longer up to snuff for you, you've grown but the things you've created before can't grown with you.

So I wanted to announce that I'm rebooting my line, I'm releasing fewer models of hopefully what you would consider a higher quality, soon enough you'll be able to purchase them thorough fauna figures in Canada and probably Dan's dinosaurs in the US but as always I'm glad to take orders from forum members right here through pm.

So have a look at balaur 2016 ($9.99) and mystriosuchus ($15.99) both in 1:20

Yutyrannus

Those look great! I'd certainly be interested in buying one or both sometime :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Flaffy

Love the pose, details and colours of the mystriosuchus! I hope they will be for sale soon. ;D

Yutyrannus

EDIT: Sorry, double post...

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: