News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Carnotaurus sastrei. No, I don't photoshop my images. After a little hot water treatment the feet repositioned themselves without tweaking and now the figure can stand (though instably) on its feet while the tip of the tail is off the ground! :D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Wonderful ;D!

I know you can't stand it when they can't stand.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 07, 2012, 01:33:13 PM
Wonderful ;D !

I know you can't stand it when they can't stand.
Thanks, Helge! :) Yes, that's what I said. And the same is true for the next one so I've dipped it in hot water, too - and this is the result:

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Acrocanthosaurus atokensis. Oh, yes! :) Although - the ankles are especially weak on this one, we'll see how long it stays like this...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

:D  Never did it look that good!

brontodocus

I guess it's safe to say even though I have paid more for these than for any other figure set before (and hopefully ever after :o ) I don't regret it a single bit! :D

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Edmontonia rugosidens. It seems this is one of the less sought after Battats but actually it's one of those which I like the most (not as much as Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops & Dippy though, but still). :)

DinoFan45

They look good. Can't wait to see Dippy  ;D
"Life will find a way."

brontodocus

Quote from: DinoFan45 on May 08, 2012, 01:20:37 AM
They look good. Can't wait to see Dippy  ;D
Hey, thanks again! Although I'm still undecided which picture to post of that one, the upright format bothers me a little. It's going to be the last one, anyway. In the meantime, here's a small, spiky one...

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Styracosaurus albertensis. This was also my first Battat figure.

Bokisaurus

Nice photos of your Battats! ;D

brontodocus

Thanks, Boki! :) here's another one (actually two pictures merged into one):

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis. One of the Battats that's a little too large for 1:35 scale so I had to pick a different human scale figure. I added the top view to show how much care was taken in the typical pachycephalosaurian sacrum and tail: wide sacrum, thick tail base and then the stiffened distal portion of the tail rapidly gets laterally compressed and is narrower than high (to be fair, the new Safari Ltd. Dracorex is as well executed in this respect).

Himmapaan

I love that about the Pachycephalosaurus, too.

The Styracosaurus was also my first Battat.  :D

brontodocus

Thanks, Niroot! :) Oh, what a coincidence! I've got mine from blackdanter by the way. :)

Before I'm off for work here's another one:

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Parasaurolophus walkeri. There are so many photos of it available in side view, I thought I'd show it from the front.

Himmapaan

Hehe, mine was from Blackdanter, too.

And Battat's is still the best Parasaurolophus figure ever.

brontodocus

So they may be even brothers (or sisters?)! ;D Yes, I think the Parasaurolophus looks quite graceful. :)

Okay, time again for the Ancient Romans Noble Woman ...and her new pet! ;D

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Dilophosaurus wetherilli. Okay, this one isn't really made to stand without its tail as a support, at least it cannot do so on an entirely flat surface (without the stone under the left foot it would lean on its tail, of course).

DinoFan45

They look great. The Parasaurolophus is neat.
"Life will find a way."

CityRaptor

Reminds me of a story I once read, with dinosaurs ending up in ancient rome via time travel.No, they did not cause a carnage, but where used in gladiatorial combat.

Great figures!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ZoPteryx

What fantastic figures! :D  I've always wondered what Battat's figures would be like today if they hadn't gone extinct. ::)

brontodocus

Thanks, DinoFan45, CityRaptor & Zopteryx! :) I guess if Battat would still be around and releasing new figures most of us would have all of them, even if there were over 100 different ones! :D Too bad that won't happen. :-\

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Triceratops horridus.

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on May 08, 2012, 09:47:03 PMSo they may be even brothers (or sisters?)! ;D
Then he must be Zarin Khan, who was like an adoptive brother to Ashok.  ;D It's a pity it wasn't Anjuli-Bai which was my first Battat Styracosaurus, otherwise yours would be Shushila-Bai, Anjuli's sister. ;D

I have now utterly perplexed everybody (or convinced them of my madness). Sorry!  ;D

brontodocus

Thanks! :)
Quote from: Himmapaan on May 09, 2012, 11:06:34 AMThen he must be Zarin Khan, who was like an adoptive brother to Ashok.  ;D It's a pity it wasn't Anjuli-Bai which was my first Battat Styracosaurus, otherwise yours would be Shushila-Bai, Anjuli's sister. ;D

I have now utterly perplexed everybody (or convinced them of my madness). Sorry!  ;D
At least you didn't perplex me since you already told me where the names come from - "The Far Pavilions" by M.M. Kaye... :o ;D Oh, but I'm rather perplexed about myself having forgotten that you have two Battat Styracosaurs. :-\ And they even stand next to each other in the photos of your collection thread...

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: