News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:) Very well done! Are you striving for another doctoral degree in microsurgery ;D?

DinoFan45

Your collection just astounds me. Just the sheer size of it just boggles my mind.
"Life will find a way."

brontodocus

Thanks, Helge and DinoFan45! :) Well, I've been dissecting tiny, tiny deep-sea organisms so there are some similarities to repairing mini models. Although my PhD supervisor probably would not have been amused if I had painted the type material I was working with... >:D ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Tylosaurus

That "1/72" Bistahieversor Sealeyi: is awesome man, you gave it a sweet paint job man! Very nice :) 1/72 was also the same scale I built 80 aircraft many years ago within 5 years time, mainly Jet fighters, interceptors, fighter bombers , bombers and reconnaissance aircraft, scale 1/72 was a very neat size, you could get almost every type of aircraft in that nice sized scale, I dunno how that is with Dinosaurs though.

brontodocus

Of course 1/72 scale dinosaur models are less common than model aircraft of the same scale, probably since they are so tiny. But David Krentz is one of the few exceptions since his quite extensive "Antediluvia Collection" (which has been around for some years) is a strict 1/72 series. So he did models in that scale before his shapeways times, too. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

brontodocus

Hey, I've bought larger coloured cardboard (70*100 cm) so finally I can make newer photos of the larger models, too (the old ones were rather horrible)! >:D :)

Favorite/KinTo Michael Trcic Spinosaurus.

Favorite/KinTo Michael Trcic Allosaurus.

Favorite/KinTo Flavio Supervised Archaeopteryx, 1:1 scale.

La Bottega di Michelangelo 1:10 Triceratops skeleton sculpted by Ricci Mati.

postsaurischian

:o Wow, that 1:10 Triceratops skeleton is impressive!
Is it being displayed or locked away ;D?

brontodocus

Thanks, Helge! :)
actually all these resins are on top of a (hopelessly overcrowded) bookcase and I had to dust them a little prior to photograph them. The Triceratops skeleton wouldn't fit into any of my cabinets, anyway, it's 743 mm from tip of snout to tip of tail along the vertebrae and the skull alone is 205 mm long. I wonder why these resins by Ricci Mati are so little known, the only one who seemed to ever sell it outside of Italy was of course urzeitshop.de, but that's quite long ago and he may have had only one because as soon as I saw and bought it and it was gone. :-\ And there are only a few models of that line, the others are skulls of Tyrannosaurus, Arsinoitherium, Ursus spelaeus, and I believe a skull of Mammuthus meridionalis is about to be released. I have the Tyrannosaurus and Arsinoitherium skulls, too.

Libraraptor

That Cardboard idea enables you to take pretty cool pictures!

Tylosaurus

The Allosaurus looks awesome man, damn very very good sculpt, interesting colors too, that yellow line on it, it really blends in with the green,

brontodocus

Thanks, Stefan & Tylosaurus! :) Actually the basic colour of the Allosaurus is rather grey. But I agree, the yellow stripe makes it quite interesting, looks a little like racing colours. ;D
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 02, 2012, 04:09:28 PM
That Cardboard idea enables you to take pretty cool pictures!
And I needed larger cardboard. You know, as boki wrote recently, he'd probably not find the time to post his collection photos here within the next weeks. I thought... why not starting a few group photos bokisaurus style? :) I'm sure I won't be able to photograph all of them in a reasonable amount of time but, anyway, here are...

...my Paenungulata:

...well, actually at least one "figure" is missing on that photo, that's the 3d paper / MB New Paper Art 1:10 African Elephant cardboard model which is too large to be photographed together with the others, so I left it out... :P ;D

postsaurischian

:o  ....... you're a baad person >:D ;D.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2012, 06:52:50 PM
:o  ....... you're a baad person >:D ;D .
As If you didn't know already... ;D

Safari Ltd. / The Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection - full set (don't worry, the next ones will be about prehistoric figures again ;) ):

postsaurischian

Good one :)! ....... I can see the otters :).

brontodocus

Oh, you remember my quest for getting the lot with the sea otters (which were missing in the seller's first shipment)? :P ;D Our fellow members k907 and lcamiro were kindly helping me out finding some of the retired figures. :)

Okay, more evilness... >:D

Invicta / British Museum (Natural History)

I have two versions of the "Plesiosaurus", the darker one (further right) has a slightly metallic shine. The only painted Invicta I have is the Muttaburrasaurus. The dark Ichthyosaurus and Liopleurodon are early repaints by me.

David Krentz / The Antediluvia Collection & Shapeways minis:

I know I don't have that many Antediluvia pieces. There's also a deformed cast of the Afrovenator missing in the photo which I received from Helge but haven't repaired, yet. The Antediluvia Tyrannosaurus and the Shapeways mini Agustinia aren't finished.

Libraraptor

Impressive pictures!
Wow, could it be that I have a figure you DON´T have? I miss Starlux Deinotherium on the Paenungulata pic ;-)

brontodocus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 02, 2012, 10:00:44 PM
Impressive pictures!
Wow, could it be that I have a figure you DON´T have? I miss Starlux Deinotherium on the Paenungulata pic ;-)
Thanks, Stefan! :) Yes, poor little bront has not a single Starlux... :'( ...and no Plaho and no Imperial either. :(

Okay, more big ones!  >:D

The abovementioned 1:10 African Elephant cardboard model by 3d paper / MB New Paper Art:

Hasbro / Kenner JP Tyrannosaurus (2009):

Puppetoys / Prehistoric puppets Tyrannosaurus (green version) hand puppet by Michael Maddy:

Doyusha / Edu Science 1:12 Tyrannosaurus Skeleton:

Canon Creative Park cardboard model Apatosaurus by Y. Watanabe, length 875 mm (free download here):

Canon Creative Park cardboard model Supersaurus by Ayumu Saito, length approx. 1060 mm (free download here):

ZoPteryx

Amazing what one can make with cardboard! :))

brontodocus

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 03, 2012, 02:25:02 AM
Amazing what one can make with cardboard! :))
Yes, and the Canon Creative Park models are also free! :) Well, almost. You need to print them in colour and the models consist of multiple sheets of paper. Why do I have the feeling that a company that sells printers (and consumables for printers) would possibly benefit from that? ??? :P

:) X-Plus and Sega Prize large vinyl figures sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa and Shinzen Takeuchi:

tyrantqueen

^ AGGHHH all those lovely models....*drools*

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: