News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2014 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top eight [8] dioramas

1. Death row
6 (4.6%)
2. Dining on the river
4 (3.1%)
3. Lunch on the wing
13 (9.9%)
4. Life in the Precambrian
11 (8.4%)
5. Migration
29 (22.1%)
6. A taller neck amongst the tall grass
4 (3.1%)
7. The deadly trap of the woods
4 (3.1%)
8. Easy prey?
9 (6.9%)
9. Where did he go?
14 (10.7%)
10. Dry season prowling
24 (18.3%)
11. Molṑn Lavé
3 (2.3%)
12. Bachelor of the pines
21 (16%)
13. Spinosaurus hunting
7 (5.3%)
14. Uninvited guest
5 (3.8%)
15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming
33 (25.2%)
16. The chase
10 (7.6%)
17. Starving in North Africa
17 (13%)
18. A desert standoff
16 (12.2%)
19. Here is where I met your mother, son
31 (23.7%)
20. The stealth approach of an apex predator
31 (23.7%)
21. Heatstroke
26 (19.8%)
22. Narcissus
8 (6.1%)
23. Triassic swim lessons
4 (3.1%)
24. Marching on
3 (2.3%)
25. The new hunter
8 (6.1%)
26. Attack from the depths
3 (2.3%)
27. Moonlight hunt
6 (4.6%)
28. The last supper
24 (18.3%)
29. Between a rock and a hard place
14 (10.7%)
30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us
32 (24.4%)
31. The intruder
24 (18.3%)
32. On the beach
48 (36.6%)
33. Coastal Carnotaurus
1 (0.8%)
34. Rexy's nest
2 (1.5%)
35. An early bird
12 (9.2%)
36. The fatal hour
10 (7.6%)
37. Unexpected gifts in the river
9 (6.9%)
38. Spino - great - dino
10 (7.6%)
39. Swampland misery
10 (7.6%)
40. Clever girl
4 (3.1%)
41. Horrible horn horde
56 (42.7%)
42. Hunt in the mud
6 (4.6%)
43. This slope will be fatal for one of them
5 (3.8%)
44. Cornered
9 (6.9%)
45. Treetop flyer
2 (1.5%)
46. Dilophosaurus vs Massospondylus
18 (13.7%)
47. Unfortunate showdown
29 (22.1%)
48. Day of migration
9 (6.9%)
49. Triassic baskers
6 (4.6%)
50. Watch your chops
3 (2.3%)
51. Sun down. The hunt begins
10 (7.6%)
52. Respectful distance
4 (3.1%)
53. That looks delicious!
2 (1.5%)
54. Brontosaurus brawl
6 (4.6%)
55. Cretaceous cliffs
17 (13%)
56. Desert duel
2 (1.5%)
57. Fearsome tyrant's pass
21 (16%)
58. Breakfast at Tiffany
13 (9.9%)
59. Can't run
5 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

DinoToyForum

It is time! Voting for the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014, sponsored by Everything Dinosaur, is now open!

Firstly, many thanks to each and every one of the participants, you've made this the biggest contest yet - 59 dioramas in total! Thanks also to everyone who takes the time to vote! And thanks to our very kind sponsor, Everything Dinosaur.

The poll will run for 30 days and you can vote for your top eight [8] entries. This is more than previous contests because there are so many more dioramas to choose from. The entries will remain anonymous throughout the voting process, so please don't give the game away: no hints, clues, or discussion about who each diorama might belong to. Also, please don't discuss which dioramas you voted for until after the poll closes. Otherwise, discussion of the entries in general is more than welcome!

You can vote for yourself, it isn't against the rules, but that wouldn't be very sporting now, would it?  :P The forum rules and details of how the prizes will be allocated are here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2227.0

Take your time when voting - once you have selected your eight favourite dioramas, they can't be changed later.

So, let's get down to it, the 'dinoramas' are as follows (I've created reduced thumbnails to speed up page load time. Click the images to see a larger versions - these will open in a new window).

1. Death row

2. Dining on the river

3. Lunch on the wing

4. Life in the Precambrian

5. Migration

6. A taller neck amongst the tall grass

7. The deadly trap of the woods

8. Easy prey?

9. Where did he go?

10. Dry season prowling

11. Molṑn Lavé

12. Bachelor of the pines

13. Spinosaurus hunting

14. Uninvited guest

15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming

16. The chase

17. Starving in North Africa

18. A desert standoff

19. Here is where I met your mother, son

20. The stealth approach of an apex predator

21. Heatstroke

22. Narcissus

23. Triassic swim lessons

24. Marching on

25. The new hunter

26. Attack from the depths

27. Moonlight hunt 

28. The last supper

29. Between a rock and a hard place

30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us

31. The intruder

32. On the beach

33. Coastal Carnotaurus

34. Rexy's nest

35. An early bird

36. The fatal hour

37. Unexpected gifts in the river

38. Spino - great - dino

39. Swampland misery

40. Clever girl

41. Horrible horn horde

42. Hunt in the mud

43. This slope will be fatal for one of them

44. Cornered

45. Treetop flyer

46. Dilophosaurus vs Massospondylus

47. Unfortunate showdown

48. Day of migration

49. Triassic baskers

50. Watch your chops

51. Sun down. The hunt begins

52. Respectful distance

53. That looks delicious!

54. Brontosaurus brawl

55. Cretaceous cliffs

56. Desert duel

57. Fearsome tyrant's pass

58. Breakfast at Tiffany

59. Can't run

DinoLord

This is by far the strongest submissions pool I've seen!

Aram-Rex

Some brilliant entrys here. Well done everyone  :)  ^-^

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoLord on September 28, 2014, 08:57:21 PM
This is by far the strongest submissions pool I've seen!

Yes! It is probably worth holding back from voting for a day or two to give the entries the time they deserve and really think this one through...

amargasaurus cazaui

Few of the entries seem like they are sized wrong and not fitting my screen....might verify at least some of the first ones listed
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Note that you can vote for your top 8 dioramas. The results so far indicate that some voters are checking fewer than 8 options. That's their prerogative, if intentional, but why not vote for your top 8 if you can? It might just make a difference. ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 28, 2014, 09:41:40 PM
Few of the entries seem like they are sized wrong and not fitting my screen....might verify at least some of the first ones listed

I resized all the images to a maximum of 1000px wide (for landscape images) and 1000px tall (for portrait images). All the thumbnails are resized to 200px wide. Does this answer your concerns?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

I resized all the images to a maximum of 1000px wide (for landscape images) and 1000px tall (for portrait images). All the thumbnails are resized to 200px wide. Does this answer your concerns?
I understand what you are stating, but it isnt shwing that way for a few of them, I will verfy again, but there was at least one that is not 1000 according to the graphics viewer I use.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

First entry is 960 x 720  second is 2735 x 1734 etc

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 28, 2014, 09:49:56 PM

I understand what you are stating, but it isnt shwing that way for a few of them, I will verfy again, but there was at least one that is not 1000 according to the graphics viewer I use.

Ah, you're right! I accidentally uploaded some of the larger versions. I'll update the files...

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 09:54:49 PM

Ah, you're right! I accidentally uploaded some of the larger versions. I'll update the files...

eh it happens, that is alot of work you did and looks good...I just noticed it and wondered is all

Federreptil

Well, one winner is clear. The running green T-Rex of Papo! This guy is the the hero in the most entries. Followed by the mooing Styraco - also made by Papo. But looking in the different scenes  they made always a good figure.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 28, 2014, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 09:54:49 PM

eh it happens, that is alot of work you did and looks good...I just noticed it and wondered is all

Fixed now! Thanks for pointing it out.  8)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Federreptil on September 28, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Well, one winner is clear. The running green T-Rex of Papo! This guy is the the hero in the most entries. Followed by the mooing Styraco - also made by Papo. But looking in the different scenes  they made always a good figure.

Yes, I noticed that when I was sorting the dioramas. She makes an appearance in six dioramas, I think?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 10:08:07 PM

Yes, I noticed that when I was sorting the dioramas. She makes an appearance in six dioramas, I think?
did any of the new battats appear?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 28, 2014, 10:09:27 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 10:08:07 PM

did any of the new battats appear?

59 entries received, 59 in the poll. Nope, I don't see any new Battats amongst them - a bit of a surprise.

darylj

Such a strong year!!  I must remember to enter next year...

Aram-Rex

The Papo Tyrannosaur makes every diorama look good. #Fact

Hynerpeton

So hard to vote. But I did it! :) again good luck everyone. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Takama

I cant help but notice the number of Obscure figurines in this years entries

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.