News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Kinda ironic that the JPIII figures get ripped off so often, given that those are widely considered the worst JP Figures. Doesn't help that these molds got released again and again....

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 10, 2014, 05:26:39 AM
Even the name "Holy Stone" sounds pretentious and annoying, like they're going for something classy to hide the fact that they're a bunch of crooks.

It sounds like some sort of artifact.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 10, 2014, 11:11:38 AM
Even the name "Holy Stone" sounds pretentious and annoying, like they're going for something classy to hide the fact that they're a bunch of crooks.

sounds like something out of a sci-fi flick to me :P

CityRaptor

I thought more of a fantasy flick than a sci-fi one. Probably guarded by a dragon or griffon or maybe a wizard. Or a dragon who is also a wizard!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

TJ_Terrorsaur

That's sounds like an awesome SciFi film, with all three ideas. A Griffon and his Wizard Dragon ally are guarding a sacred artifact. ;)

It is sad and yes the JP3 Toys were eh, but I won't lie when I say they do hold a place in my heart I still have 3 of them and they're all that's left of my old collection. It sucks that they get stolen and people buy these. I've gone to several of their pages and people say they're great toys for the price, some rarely say the toys are cheaply made.

triceratops83

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 10, 2014, 11:11:38 AM
Kinda ironic that the JPIII figures get ripped off so often, given that those are widely considered the worst JP Figures. Doesn't help that these molds got released again and again....

Hopefully something that backfires on them like the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

they open it, only to find themselves devoured by their own demonic creations

triceratops83

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 11, 2014, 02:54:39 PM
they open it, only to find themselves devoured by their own demonic creations

At first they see a superficial resemblance to the great Safari figures - "It's beautiful!"
Then it morphs into the nightmarish ripoff, seam lines and garish paint job - "AAAAAAARRGGHH!"
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

ignite444

I'm half tempted to buy those! o.O

Edit: Went ahead and purchased them. How often do you find stuff like that? XD
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

triceratops83

Quote from: ignite444 on December 14, 2014, 10:41:18 AM
I'm half tempted to buy those! o.O

Edit: Went ahead and purchased them. How often do you find stuff like that? XD

lol. Wasn't my intent... Check out the Favorite originals, they are better.
Admittedly it's a good price for the two of them though.

ignite444

I do own the Favorite Allosaurus, but not the Triceratops. I just wanted them because I like bobble heads, lol! Besides, for knock-offs, they don't look half bad.

triceratops83

Bobble-heads are generally popular, someone should do a line of Dinosaurs, I don't know of any...

SpittersForEver

SBell

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 22, 2014, 06:05:48 PM
I am not sure, but I think these are knock-offs
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QAOVM0W?psc=1

They are--unless Schleich & Carnegie joined forces to make terrible versions of their figures! Well, in Schleich's case, more terrible... ;D

SpittersForEver

Quote from: SBell on December 22, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

They are--unless Schleich & Carnegie joined forces to make terrible versions of their figures! Well, in Schleich's case, more terrible... ;D

Ha ha, lol   :))

SpittersForEver

Is it just me or do a lot of dinosaur toy's packaging or boxes come with a picture of papo dinosaurs like this    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grossman-Ltd-Dinosaur-Set-Pieces/dp/B00DNXSGJI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_h_b_cs_26?ie=UTF8&refRID=1B8F2F4NFPYXZV262R50     I also think I saw a book with the papo T rex on it.

Rathalosaurus

They do. I have seen more than ten docens of packages with Papo's Dinosaurs.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Sim

Hahaha!  I agree!  The Stegosaurus looks like one of CollectA's ones.

ignite444

Trying to win bids on knock-off figures for Papo and such on eBay is a pain in my rear. -.-

Cammy

I found the same six dinosaurs, although with different paint jobs and packaging at my local Prices Plus store for $3.99 each! I couldn't resist, and bought two of them. They're copies of the Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Miragaia (http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/05/23/miragaia-carnegie-collection-by-safari-ltd/)and the CollectA Stegosaurus (http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/08/24/stegosaurus-collecta/), although with different colour schemes. While the patterning on the Miragaia is still the same as the original, the patterning on the Stegosaurus appears to be more reminiscent of the Wild Safari Stegosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: