News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Fixed. Sorry for the delay, I was at work all day.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm having an issue recently where I can access the site it runs smoothly for a few minutes then slows down to the point I have to close the page, all my other pages work fine that are open.  Takes me about 5 minutes or more to write a post.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 07, 2017, 05:44:30 PM
I'm having an issue recently where I can access the site it runs smoothly for a few minutes then slows down to the point I have to close the page, all my other pages work fine that are open.  Takes me about 5 minutes or more to write a post.

Yeah, I experienced this once a few days ago. I thought is was a one off. When it happened to me the Dinotoyblog and Animaltoyforum were not affected and they are on the same server, so it is a DTF issue. Hmm, is anyone else having this issue?

I know we have experienced a little downtime recently, too, so sorry about that. We had a good few months there without any incidents.

Blade-of-the-Moon

if so no one has said anything.   i just recently went through it again, at least my post was saved.  it's weird though.  If i quickly scroll and move around no problem, if i linger and read posts i get " caught". 

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2017, 01:16:06 AM
if so no one has said anything.   i just recently went through it again, at least my post was saved.  it's weird though.  If i quickly scroll and move around no problem, if i linger and read posts i get " caught".

Hmm, does it happen on any particular pages? What browser/device are you using?

Anyone else experience this? Even a negative response would be useful.

Jose S.M.

I have notice something similar today but I was on using my phone and it has been behaving very badly this past few days so I don't know if it's due to a problem in the forum or my rebelious phone. But it was like that, visited one or two threads and then had to refresh because it stopped charging.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 08, 2017, 01:31:45 AM
Anyone else experience this? Even a negative response would be useful.

So far, I haven't experienced this.  I'm using google chrome as my browser.

Blade-of-the-Moon

i use Chrome on my desktop computer and Windows 10 i think. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

just clicked wait so many times that Chrome crashed. :/

DinoToyForum

Apologies for the downtime over the past few days. The issue is being investigated by my hosts.  O:-)

DinoToyForum

Not a server issue but something broke behind the scenes a few hours ago. All fixed now. Sorry for anyone trying to access the forum earlier today!  :)

Ravonium

Today the forum was down again for several hours in the morning (for the same reason as yesterday).

Even when the forum went back up, there was another error which made it impossible to do anything on the forum for about an hour.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on March 24, 2018, 09:59:53 AM
Today the forum was down again for several hours in the morning (for the same reason as yesterday).

Even when the forum went back up, there was another error which made it impossible to do anything on the forum for about an hour.

Yeah, apologies, it s fixed now. I think all the issues were interconnected.  C:-)

Libraraptor

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 24, 2018, 03:51:17 PM
Withdrawal symptoms.

I certainly feel fidgety when the cannot establish database connection message shows up!

DinoToyForum

Sorry for recent downtime. I'm investigating the cause.

DinoToyForum

Really sorry about the prolonged downtime. Apparently it is due to brute force attacks on our server resulting in bloated error logs.

IrritatorRaji

Attacks? Ugh... >_>

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 12, 2018, 12:21:15 PM
Attacks? Ugh... >_>

Yeah. I suppose we are big enough now to be considered a worthwhile target. ::)

Reptilia

Who's attacking our forum, hackers recruited by Rebor?  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: