News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2014, 02:47:36 PM

you have no idea! I think I aged about a year in the space of three days!

Just recuperate with the knowledge that we appreciate all your hard work and efforts.  ;)

DinoToyForum

Now that we have moved servers the forum should be a lot faster and more reliable. Time will tell!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2014, 07:54:19 PM
Now that we have moved servers the forum should be a lot faster and more reliable. Time will tell!

I'll cross my claws !

Georassic

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2014, 07:54:19 PM
Thanks for your diligence to get it back up and running, and don't let it age you!  ;)
BTW, the Facebook post was a good touch, to get the word out to folks who may not have got the word you'd be down...

tyrantqueen

Kudos and a big thank you to Dr Admin and co. for getting the forum running again quickly and efficiently.

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

SBell

Question--will the bookmarks and notifications be back in action soon? The latter are not showing up properly in my profile right now.

Paleogene Pals

Thanks Dr. Admin and everyone else who worked so hard to restore DTF.  I wasn't aware that the site was going to be down and actually panicked at the 404 error.  I was so lost without you.  :'(

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 14, 2014, 01:14:15 PM
Thanks Dr. Admin and everyone else who worked so hard to restore DTF.  I wasn't aware that the site was going to be down and actually panicked at the 404 error.  I was so lost without you.  :'(

Yes, we had a bit of a Jurassic Park situation here for a while and all the dinosaurs got loose. Never, ever, rely on technology!  ;D

DinoToyForum

You will have noticed the blog and forum went offline for several hours. This was due to a technical problem with my now service provider and shouldn't happen again. Thanks for your patience :)

I hope we didn't lose any topics or replies posted just before we went offline.

alexeratops

That kinda freaked me out. it said i was forbidden!!!
like a bantha!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: alexeratops on January 27, 2014, 03:33:53 PM
That kinda freaked me out. it said i was forbidden!!!

Hehe, yes, the page would have said that to everyone. It said it to me too. Basically, our host accidentally deleted all the files from the server and had to restore everything from backups. I was told it would take an hour or two, but it took far longer in the end. Luckily we are back up now and hopefully for good this time. I can only apologise.  O:-)

DinoToyForum

The database just crashed, not sure why.  :(
I have fixed it and hope the database error doesn't happen again!

DinoToyForum

You may have noticed we went offline for about 12 hours today, this was unplanned! Apologies for the inconvenience, we seem to be back up and running now  C:-)

DinoToyForum

...and again. We're up and down more than the Vesuvian empire!

Arul

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 16, 2014, 10:10:43 AM
You may have noticed we went offline for about 12 hours today, this was unplanned! Apologies for the inconvenience, we seem to be back up and running now  C:-)

Why ? Hehehe im scared i thought i had been banned   :-\

stargatedalek

odd that it happened exactly at the same time that Zetaboards had a crash

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 16, 2014, 12:28:59 PM
odd that it happened exactly at the same time that Zetaboards had a crash
And deviantART too. Well, I'm glad everything is back now :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.