News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: sauroid on February 13, 2015, 05:04:47 PM
i've seen pics of the new Schleichs. i dont know why Schleich had to paint their figures like chinasaurs.

Are you talking about the Minis? Ironically those are the only Schleich ( non-avian ) Dinosaurs to not be made in China. They are made in Germany.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 15, 2015, 11:24:56 PM
i've seen pics of the new Schleichs. i dont know why Schleich had to paint their figures like chinasaurs.

Are you talking about the Minis? Ironically those are the only Schleich ( non-avian ) Dinosaurs to not be made in China. They are made in Germany.
nope im talking about the next level figures. the sculpts are acceptable tho the an*l retentives would find them repulsive. but the paint apps are just too chinasaur-like that they dont justify the SRP. the minis are just too ugly to buy at any price (except maybe the Quetz). guess i will just have to content myself with the Anhanguera and Kentro this year.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

i've seen pics of the new Schleichs. i dont know why Schleich had to paint their figures like chinasaurs. too bad 'cause some of them are ok-ish.
thankfully, there's the Kentrosaurus and Anhanguera.

That's the sad thing. If only Papo or Safari is available here in the Philippines. But we're stuck with Schleich -_-

Derek.McManus

Hello all, had my first encounter yesterday with the new 2015 Schleich mini dinosaur line, on a day trip to Ayr, Scotland with my mother...seeking a souvenir of my trip I called in at the local branch of the Toytown chain (10a Taran walk) they had a reasonable selection of Schleich models, I took the opportunity to examine the new Kentrosaurs model which was impressive but I purchased the 2015 mini stegosaurs...stego's being a personal favorite. The model seems to be a scaled down version of the World of History model...green colour over black undercoat with white highlights on the plates spikes toes and face. A nice fun model for the price £2.99 if I was a kid this collection would have great appeal.

Daspletodave

Got the new Kentrosaurus, and it is amazing.

sauroid

i've seen the new Anhanguera and Kentrosaurus in my local Schleich outlet. i am getting the Kentro for sure, but i'll pass on the Anhanguera. it looks too cartoony and small for the asking price of $17.00. not worth it.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

I noticed that there are many photos of the Kentrosaurus, but very few photos of the Anhanguara

I like how the Teeth interlock with eachother

Libraraptor

Seriously, are there feathers at the back of its head?!

Takama

Yes there are feathers/pycnofibres on the back of the head.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Takama on May 26, 2015, 09:08:02 PM
Yes there are feathers/pycnofibres on the back of the head.

Ah, I see. I read some information on these here https://archosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/what-on-earth-are-pycnofibers/

and I am up-to -date now! Thanks!

sauroid

i know it's for kids' safety, but the Anhanguera's clorets shaped teeth are off-putting...

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Tallin on February 03, 2015, 01:29:09 PM
I just got my Schleich Kentro, and I must say, it's exceeded my expectations! She's a beautiful creature! An extremely dynamic pose too! (Though I'm dubious as to the flexibility of the end of the tail in real life)

Actually, computer modelling revealed that Kentrosaurus' tail could cover an 180 arc behind the animal. Schleich being accurate, what insanity is this?!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 27, 2015, 07:03:38 AM
I just got my Schleich Kentro, and I must say, it's exceeded my expectations! She's a beautiful creature! An extremely dynamic pose too! (Though I'm dubious as to the flexibility of the end of the tail in real life)

Actually, computer modelling revealed that Kentrosaurus' tail could cover an 180 arc behind the animal. Schleich being accurate, what insanity is this?!
Ikr, how can this be? >:D

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Am I the only one that is disconcerted about the extreme curve of the anhanguera's wing?
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Arul

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 27, 2015, 07:51:04 AM

Lol, here "Toys Kingdom" the most famous kids toy seller in indonesia selling all schleich figures except the kentrosaurus. That is weird, why...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ARUL on May 27, 2015, 05:12:32 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 27, 2015, 07:51:04 AM

Lol, here "Toys Kingdom" the most famous kids toy seller in indonesia selling all schleich figures except the kentrosaurus. That is weird, why...

I understand that the kentrosaurus thorns on its tail can seriously harm children especially in the eyes and ears, is also dangerous horns pentaceratos, world history of dinosaurs; it's like a needle that can go through and do damage to young children.

I understand that Schleich figures in theory in these two cases are rather intended for small children, in practice dangerous figures. Schleich me that like all companies dinosaurs I deserve respect, although I do not share their children's dinosaur figures, should be more careful when allocating figures Schleich the smallest.

Moreover, the small pieces which they made does not seem as indicated mainly choking hazard for children.

But we must also point out that the kentrosaurus Schleich one of the few to say the only figure worth this year by the company, which continues to be an achievement, but from a scientific point of view excessive twisting of the tail does not seem right in my humble opinion.

HunterKiller

I'm a huge fan of BBC's Walking With Dinosaurs and the Ornithocheirus in Toyway's line is nigh impossible to get (I only have the Allosaurus and Postosuchus, both my favorites from the show).

The Schleich Anhanguera is kinda like the next best thing being a close relative to the Ornithocheirus. Do you guys think its a worthy pick up?

The only Schleich toy I have is the Pentaceratops and I'm leaning on getting the Kentrosaurus as well based on all of the positive comments on this thread. Not sure why Schleich gets a lot of flak but I'm really satisfied with how that Pentaceratops turned out. Then again I don't really have much of an informed opinion to say otherwise, I'm still relatively new to Dinosaur collecting.

CityRaptor

If you want something close to the WWD figure, the Safari Pterosaur and CollectA Ornithocheirus would be better choices.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HunterKiller

Thanks, I will look into it.

Also, is the allosaurus with the WWD style color scheme no longer available? I kinda want it. I already have the toyway but the old Schleich one looks like its clearly based on Big Al that there is a certain charm to it.

Im still on the fence with Kentrosaurus but might jump on the bandwagon. And oddly enough, I want the big purple Spinosaurus and small armless carnotaurus. They seem like very fun figures that me and my son will enjoy.

Gwangi

For what it's worth, I love the Kentrosaurus. Very dynamic and detailed, probably the best model Schleich has produced in recent memory. I also own the Anhanguera and quite like it as well. I paid $11.00 each for them at my local Barnes & Nobel and they were certainly worth that price. I'm not big into Schleich either. I think I own maybe 7 of their models and most of them are the older (and better) models from before they went downhill.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: