News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Those all look pretty dismal. Only the red Allosaurus is passable.

CityRaptor

It's a Giganotosaurus...wait, red Giganotosaurus....Dino Crisis 2!
( More likel than one thinks, given that the Exclusive color scheme of their Velociraptor resembled the Trespasser Type B Velociraptor....)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Aram-Rex

The raptor, Allosaurus and Spino are the best ones in my opinion. Shcleich is gradually making their models more detailed. The Allosaurus' colour is really impressive.

CityRaptor

There is no Allosaurus...only Giganotosaurus!
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2014, 11:04:22 PM
Where are the arms on the Carno?

Those scutes along the back remind of me the Invicta Tyrannosaurus rex.

Well that's odd isn't it? As I suspected it does not look as nice as I had hoped but I still prefer it over their last attempt. I can accept it better as a stylized pop-culture dinosaur than an actual rendition of the animal.

tanystropheus

Scleich is pretty smart - It seems that their product line is catering towards 2 separate audiences (e.g. kids, and collectors).
In 2014, the Pentaceratops was aimed at collectors
In 2015, the Kentrosaurus will be aimed at collectors

TJ_Terrorsaur

Those scutes along the back remind of me the Invicta Tyrannosaurus rex.

As for that Carno ...I shall call him "Old Armless" and I have to admit I love that blue coloration, it's not something I've seen in a while or at all on a dinosaur figure.
I'm really excited for next year. I will be eagerly awaiting these in either ToysRus, Walmart, Amazon, and or elsewhere. I'm already making a Holiday wish list for next year just because of Schleich and CollectA.

darth daniel

I believe his right arm is visible just in front of the right knee, with the knee covering the hand/claws. The whole arm touches the body and the small dark area shows the non-existing "gap" between them (don´t know how else to describe it).

Manatee

Already-terrible figures: now needlessly converted to tripod poses!

sauroid

except for the tripod pose, that Carno doesnt look too bad.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

What is the name of the red and the black dinosaur figure ? Thx  :)

CityRaptor

Red is Giganotosaurus, Black is Velociraptor. Atleast in Schleich's world...

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 08, 2014, 06:00:43 AM
I have to admit I love that blue coloration, it's not something I've seen in a while or at all on a dinosaur figure.

Really? You never saw a blue Dinosaur figure?
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: darth daniel on November 08, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

I believe his right arm is visible just in front of the right knee, with the knee covering the hand/claws. The whole arm touches the body and the small dark area shows the non-existing "gap" between them (don´t know how else to describe it).
I can't see it :( Can someone outline it for me in paint or something? :)

sauroid

it's the small shadowy thing very near the knee, just above the belly line
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

What an ugly, ugly bunch. Why is the Kentrosaurus so different, even decent?

tyrantqueen

Is this it?

I know it's weird. I don't even plan to buy this model...it's just bugging me that I can't see it :-\

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhat an ugly, ugly bunch. Why is the Kentrosaurus so different, even decent?
Our undercover agents here at DTF towers were able to infiltrate Schleich HQ and commandeer the sculpting of the Kentrosaurus. Unfortunately, they were discovered and thrown out before their influence could spread to the rest of the batch...fufufufufu.

Okay, I actually have no idea why. I guess maybe they just got lucky with the piece of palaeoart they decided to copy.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 08, 2014, 06:56:40 PM
Is this it?

I know it's weird. I don't even plan to buy this model...it's just bugging me that I can't see it :-\

Maybe is it following this http://theropoda.blogspot.it/2013/07/le-braccia-degli-abelisauridi-erano.html theory?

Aram-Rex

The last pink Carnotaurus model is better...

tanystropheus

Why not evolution create Carnotaurus with no arms? :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: